Page 35 of 49 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 484

Thread: Baltimore on edge after arrestee's fatal spine injury[W:216]

  1. #341
    better late than pregnant
    Gonzo Rodeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Here
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:11 PM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    3,685

    Re: Baltimore on edge after arrestee's fatal spine injury[W:216]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Just more deflection.
    Your reply again ignores that fact that there was no conflation.
    I spoke to injury during an intentional act as being the responsibility of the person.
    There is no conflation in that.

    Slipping and falling while banging your head still is the result of your own actions.
    You can't change that.
    Intentionally harming oneself (on purpose) is different than having an accident (unintentionally) and becoming harmed that way.

    You are either intentionally ignoring the difference to support your previously stupid argument borne out of brutality, or you are accidentally unaware of the conflation you made through no fault of your own.

    Brutal stupidity would be not recognizing that self inflicted broken necks are not an uncommon occurrence.
    I like that we have you on record, forever, saying something so brutally stupid. "Duh, people throw themselves down the stairs all the time... in front of me...when I push them."
    "Political speech and writing are largely the defense of the indefensible. . . . Thus political language has to consist largely of euphemism, question-begging and sheer cloudy vagueness."
    ~Orwell, Politics and the English Language

  2. #342
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    05-23-17 @ 06:23 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,018

    Re: Baltimore on edge after arrestee's fatal spine injury[W:216]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo Rodeo View Post
    Intentionally harming oneself (on purpose) is different than having an accident (unintentionally) and becoming harmed that way.

    You are either intentionally ignoring the difference to support your previously stupid argument borne out of brutality, or you are accidentally unaware of the conflation you made through no fault of your own.
    Just more deflection.
    Again:
    Your reply again ignores that fact that there was no conflation.
    I spoke to injury during an intentional act as being the responsibility of the person.
    There is no conflation in that.

    Slipping and falling while banging your head still is the result of your own actions.
    You can't change that.


    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo Rodeo View Post
    I like that we have you on record, forever, saying something so brutally stupid. "Duh, people throw themselves down the stairs all the time... in front of me...when I push them."
    Now you are engaged in brutally stupid desperation by lying like that.

    Just another example of you lying. Go figure.


    Again:

    This guy broke his neck by ramming his head into a wall.

    He then was placed in an isolation cell, where he rammed his head into a wall and broke his neck.
    Mentally ill man who broke neck in jail alleges in suit his rights were violated - latimes


    Brutal stupidity would be not recognizing that self inflicted broken necks are not an uncommon occurrence.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  3. #343
    better late than pregnant
    Gonzo Rodeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Here
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:11 PM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    3,685

    Re: Baltimore on edge after arrestee's fatal spine injury[W:216]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Just more deflection.
    Again:
    Your reply again ignores that fact that there was no conflation.
    I spoke to injury during an intentional act as being the responsibility of the person.
    There is no conflation in that.

    Slipping and falling while banging your head still is the result of your own actions.
    You can't change that.
    Do people who slip and fall intentionally break their necks?
    "Political speech and writing are largely the defense of the indefensible. . . . Thus political language has to consist largely of euphemism, question-begging and sheer cloudy vagueness."
    ~Orwell, Politics and the English Language

  4. #344
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    05-23-17 @ 06:23 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,018

    Re: Baltimore on edge after arrestee's fatal spine injury[W:216]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo Rodeo View Post
    Do people who slip and fall intentionally break their necks?
    You again are ignoring that the the only conflation came from you.

    Again:
    I spoke to injury during an intentional act as being the responsibility of the person.
    There is no conflation in that.

    Slipping and falling while banging your head still is the result of your own actions.
    You can't change that.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  5. #345
    better late than pregnant
    Gonzo Rodeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Here
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:11 PM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    3,685

    Re: Baltimore on edge after arrestee's fatal spine injury[W:216]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    You again are ignoring that the the only conflation came from you.

    Again:
    I spoke to injury during an intentional act as being the responsibility of the person.
    There is no conflation in that.

    Slipping and falling while banging your head still is the result of your own actions.
    You can't change that.
    In this very thread, you have made the claims that there is a "ear" witness to Gray attempting to intentionally injure himself. You then proceeded on this ridiculous conflation that people break their own necks on purpose all the time! They don't. They may accidentally break their necks, not intentionally, but you clearly made the argument that Gray was trying to intentionally injure himself. Not accidentally. Intentionally.

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    No, based on the evidence.
    You seem to be forgetting that there is also an ear witness.

    He began by faking injury.
    As it is normal for suspects to bang their heads and even kick to injure their self and he was not being tossed about by the vans movement, that only leaves two possibilities, he was either trying to injure himself or was trying to escape, and the ear witness claims it sounded like he was trying injure himself.
    The fact that he did means he succeeded.
    The "ear" witness did NOT say it sounded like Gray was trying to injure himself. When asked for a firsthand quote, not a secondhand source, he repudiated the secondhand comments as false. You managed to find one single case of a terribly mentally ill man breaking his own neck by repeatedly banging his head on the wall of his jail cell. That case ALSO went to court as police negligence. Assuming the police could prove Freddie Gray was also extremely mentally disturbed and in dire need of medication, that would mean they are STILL NEGLIGENT for not restraining him in the back of the van.

    No matter which way you turn here, you LOSE.
    "Political speech and writing are largely the defense of the indefensible. . . . Thus political language has to consist largely of euphemism, question-begging and sheer cloudy vagueness."
    ~Orwell, Politics and the English Language

  6. #346
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    05-23-17 @ 06:23 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,018

    Re: Baltimore on edge after arrestee's fatal spine injury[W:216]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo Rodeo View Post
    In this very thread, you have made the claims that there is a "ear" witness to Gray attempting to intentionally injure himself.
    He is an ear witness.
    We were informed that he said the guy was thrashing around and banging his head.
    His telling the investigators that he was banging his head is an act of one harming their self. Funny that you think otherwise.


    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo Rodeo View Post
    You then proceeded on this ridiculous conflation that people break their own necks on purpose all the time! They don't. They may accidentally break their necks, not intentionally, but you clearly made the argument that Gray was trying to intentionally injure himself. Not accidentally. Intentionally.
    No you proceeded on with conflation.

    Your problem is not understanding that this is the result of their own actions.

    Again:
    Your reply again ignores that fact that there was no conflation.
    I spoke to injury during an intentional act as being the responsibility of the person.
    There is no conflation in that.

    Slipping and falling while banging your head still is the result of your own actions.
    You can't change that.


    The following is an example of a person intentionally breaking their neck.

    Again:

    This guy broke his neck by ramming his head into a wall.

    He then was placed in an isolation cell, where he rammed his head into a wall and broke his neck.
    Mentally ill man who broke neck in jail alleges in suit his rights were violated - latimes


    Brutal stupidity would be not recognizing that self inflicted broken necks are not an uncommon occurrence.


    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo Rodeo View Post
    The "ear" witness did NOT say it sounded like Gray was trying to injure himself.
    Stop lying. We have already been informed that is what he said.


    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo Rodeo View Post
    When asked for a firsthand quote, not a secondhand source, he repudiated the secondhand comments as false.
    Not in anything that has already been provided.


    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo Rodeo View Post
    You managed to find one single case of a terribly mentally ill man breaking his own neck by repeatedly banging his head on the wall of his jail cell.
    Irrelevant. It is a common occurrence and you claimed it couldn't happen.



    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo Rodeo View Post
    Assuming the police could prove Freddie Gray was also extremely mentally disturbed and in dire need of medication, that would mean they are STILL NEGLIGENT for not restraining him in the back of the van.
    A Lame and desperate attempt.
    You are wrong.
    There has been no evidence that he was in dire need of medical attention.
    They did restrain him further becasue he was acting out, but that does not indicate he needed any immediate medical attention.
    And not restraining by seat belt him does not rise to the level of criminal negligence, especially as they had a legitimate safety concern and was in accordance with the previous policy.


    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo Rodeo View Post
    No matter which way you turn here, you LOSE.
    No, but you clearly have, repeatedly and continually.
    And putting stock in what the witness now says is foolish.
    Last edited by Excon; 05-03-15 at 01:38 PM.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  7. #347
    better late than pregnant
    Gonzo Rodeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Here
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:11 PM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    3,685

    Re: Baltimore on edge after arrestee's fatal spine injury[W:216]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    He is an ear witness.
    We were informed that he said the guy was thrashing around and banging his head.
    His telling the investigators that he was banging his head is an act of one harming their self. Funny that you think otherwise.


    No you proceeded on with conflation.

    Your problem is not understanding that this is the result of their own actions.

    Again:
    Your reply again ignores that fact that there was no conflation.
    I spoke to injury during an intentional act as being the responsibility of the person.
    There is no conflation in that.

    Slipping and falling while banging your head still is the result of your own actions.
    You can't change that.


    The following is an example of a person intentionally breaking their neck.

    Again:

    This guy broke his neck by ramming his head into a wall.

    He then was placed in an isolation cell, where he rammed his head into a wall and broke his neck.
    Mentally ill man who broke neck in jail alleges in suit his rights were violated - latimes


    Brutal stupidity would be not recognizing that self inflicted broken necks are not an uncommon occurrence.


    Stop lying. We have already been informed that is what he said.


    Not in anything that has already been provided.


    Irrelevant. It is a common occurrence and you claimed it couldn't happen.


    A Lame and desperate attempt.
    You are wrong.
    There has been no evidence that he was in dire need of medical attention.
    They did restrain him further becasue he was acting out, but that does not indicate he needed any immediate medical attention.
    And not restraining by seat belt him does not rise to the level of criminal negligence, especially as they had a legitimate safety concern and was in accordance with the previous policy.



    You're claiming "common" an occurrence you've found one example of.

    You used that one example to say it's so common that it's not unreasonable to believe Gray hurt himself on purpose.

    You used the reasonability of Gray hurting himself to alleviate any responsibility of the police in this situation, who are still culpable for not buckling Gray into the back of the van.

    The "witness" used to give credence to the claim that Gray hurt himself did not ever say he thought Gray hurt himself. You have been provided evidence of this and have thus far ignored it.

    So, we have you systemically using assumption, conjecture, conflation, and disproved claims to support the absurd notion that a man broke his own neck and that it is his own fault. The police had a duty to buckle him in, not only to protect him from traffic but also from himself, yet it is Gray's fault he's not buckled in, you assume, based on nothing.

    This is a joke, right? I mean, nobody can both be that stupid and also able to type. You have got to be a troll.
    "Political speech and writing are largely the defense of the indefensible. . . . Thus political language has to consist largely of euphemism, question-begging and sheer cloudy vagueness."
    ~Orwell, Politics and the English Language

  8. #348
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    05-23-17 @ 06:23 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,018

    Re: Baltimore on edge after arrestee's fatal spine injury[W:216]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo Rodeo View Post
    You're claiming "common" an occurrence you've found one example of.

    You used that one example to say it's so common that it's not unreasonable to believe Gray hurt himself on purpose.

    The point was that your claim was wrong. It does happen.
    But now here you are deflecting with this ridiculous argument over whether or not it is common.
    It is. Do your own research and figure it out.


    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo Rodeo View Post
    You used the reasonability of Gray hurting himself to alleviate any responsibility of the police in this situation, who are still culpable for not buckling Gray into the back of the van.
    Again, not buckling him in does not rise to the level of criminal negligence.
    And it was permitted under the previously known rules.
    So show that they were informed in a meaningful and proper manner of the supposed new rules. If you can't the old rules still apply.


    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo Rodeo View Post
    The "witness" used to give credence to the claim that Gray hurt himself did not ever say he thought Gray hurt himself. You have been provided evidence of this and have thus far ignored it.
    1. Wrong, he doesn't say that at all.
    2. Doesn't matter if he had (though he didn't), his word now are tainted.

    That is what you are ignoring.

    So, we have you systemically using assumption, conjecture, conflation and relying on the tainted word of a criminal. iLOL

    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo Rodeo View Post
    This is a joke, right? I mean, nobody can both be that stupid and also able to type. You have got to be a troll.
    You should really stop taking about yourself like that.


    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo Rodeo View Post
    and disproved claims to support the absurd notion that a man broke his own neck and that it is his own fault. The police had a duty to buckle him in, not only to protect him from traffic but also from himself, yet it is Gray's fault he's not buckled in, you assume, based on nothing.
    Nothing? Just more dishonest bs from you.
    As already shown, they were permitted an Officer safety exception under the previous rules as stated.
    If it can not be shown that the Officers were meaningfully informed of the change in Policy that was made just three days prior, the Officer safety exception still applies.

    And no, policy is not law. And this supposed violation of policy does not raise to the level of criminal negligence.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  9. #349
    better late than pregnant
    Gonzo Rodeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Here
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:11 PM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    3,685

    Re: Baltimore on edge after arrestee's fatal spine injury[W:216]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    1. Wrong, he doesn't say that at all.
    Wrong. Wrong, wrong, wrong. You're obviously wrong in two threads simultaneously, intentionally ignoring quotes to the contrary. You are claiming a man said things that he says he did not say, and you are saying you're a better judge of what he said than he is.

    "Saying his words have been distorted by recent reports and that he doesn't think Gray hurt himself intentionally, Allen also told a WJZ reporter, "The only reason I'm doing this is because they put my name in a bad state."

    Allen, who was reportedly taken into custody for a minor offense and was not charged with a crime, also spoke to WBAL TV. He told the station that when he got into the van, he didn't know Gray was already there. He said he heard "a little banging for like four seconds."

    http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/...ceful-protests

    Allen said the police misquoted him, he never said that. So, when you say, "Wrong, he doesn't say that at all", you are showing everyone your lack of reading skills.

    I know, buddy. Third grade is hard. But you'll get through it! Someday...
    "Political speech and writing are largely the defense of the indefensible. . . . Thus political language has to consist largely of euphemism, question-begging and sheer cloudy vagueness."
    ~Orwell, Politics and the English Language

  10. #350
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    05-23-17 @ 06:23 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,018

    Re: Baltimore on edge after arrestee's fatal spine injury[W:216]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo Rodeo View Post
    Wrong. Wrong, wrong, wrong. You're obviously wrong in two threads simultaneously, intentionally ignoring quotes to the contrary. You are claiming a man said things that he says he did not say, and you are saying you're a better judge of what he said than he is.

    "Saying his words have been distorted by recent reports and that he doesn't think Gray hurt himself intentionally, Allen also told a WJZ reporter, "The only reason I'm doing this is because they put my name in a bad state."

    Allen, who was reportedly taken into custody for a minor offense and was not charged with a crime, also spoke to WBAL TV. He told the station that when he got into the van, he didn't know Gray was already there. He said he heard "a little banging for like four seconds."

    Charges Against 6 Officers In Freddie Gray's Death Range From Murder To Assault : The Two-Way : NPR

    Yes you are wrong, wrong, wrong! In two threads simultaneously. There are no quotes being ignored.
    You are quoting the reporter, not what he said. Funny you do not realize that.

    At no point did he say the police misquoted him, he never said that.

    All you are showing everyone is your lack of reading and comprehension skills.
    Last edited by Helix; 05-03-15 at 04:59 PM.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

Page 35 of 49 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •