Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 484

Thread: Baltimore on edge after arrestee's fatal spine injury[W:216]

  1. #11
    Guru
    annata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    beneath the bodi tree
    Last Seen
    02-16-17 @ 11:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,163

    Re: Baltimore on edge after arrestee's fatal spine injury

    Quote Originally Posted by csbrown28 View Post
    Honestly I'm unclear, though when being dragged to the van his legs look lip, though he could just be resisting. I'm interested to see the result as I'm not far from Baltimore and visited the Inner Harbor there just a few weeks ago and was surprised at the number of police on patrol.
    i'm from Baltimore..that's because Inner Harbor is a tourist attraction - go up Charles St, or west over Franklin Street
    it's like any other city..


    As to this topic: ..I wonder if they bounced him around in the back? Cuffed up behind and they like to
    rattle you around and bounce you off the walls since there isn't anyway to hold yourself down.
    It's possible to ram your head on the steel walls or even bounce upside down on the floor..which could snap your neck/spine
    Thy are supposed to seat belt you in..but they don't always do it

  2. #12
    Guru
    csbrown28's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    NW Virginia
    Last Seen
    03-10-17 @ 06:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,022

    Re: Baltimore on edge after arrestee's fatal spine injury

    Quote Originally Posted by annata View Post
    i'm from Baltimore..that's because Inner Harbor is a tourist attraction - go up Charles St, or west over Franklin Street
    it's like any other city..


    As to this topic: ..I wonder if they bounced him around in the back? Cuffed up behind and they like to
    rattle you around and bounce you off the walls since there isn't anyway to hold yourself down.
    It's possible to ram your head on the steel walls or even bounce upside down on the floor..which could snap your neck/spine
    Thy are supposed to seat belt you in..but they don't always do it
    Yea, I lived in Frederick for 10 years and spent a lot of time in my youth parting there. I just don't remember that many cops....Oh well....

    Far as the situation, it's hard to say, but given all the backlash I expect this will be scrutinized.
    “It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary (or faith) depends upon his not understanding it.”

  3. #13
    Guru
    csbrown28's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    NW Virginia
    Last Seen
    03-10-17 @ 06:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,022

    Re: Baltimore on edge after arrestee's fatal spine injury

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Another runner with a record.

    STOP running and resisting!
    He ran before being detained. Pretty sure just running isn't a crime.
    “It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary (or faith) depends upon his not understanding it.”

  4. #14
    Guru
    csbrown28's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    NW Virginia
    Last Seen
    03-10-17 @ 06:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,022

    Re: Baltimore on edge after arrestee's fatal spine injury

    Quote Originally Posted by OrphanSlug View Post
    That does not justify the police causing the suspect's "spine was 80 percent severed at his neck." This is no longer about protecting others or following the law, this is about a growing problem of Police brutality up to and including murder. It is happening more frequently and it happens to correlate to an increasing militarization of our police force, where the active intention is to treat everyone as if they are an enemy of some degree.

    I simply do not buy this "obey the officer and you will be fine" sentiment any longer as we have too many examples of police doing whatever they want expecting to be able to operate above the law.

    Our real concern is this only ends one way, a real social backlash that we cannot whimsically dismiss. Too many people are dying at the hands of police for various reasons and in various conditions and there is not enough justification for all of it. It has to stop.
    I'm not convinced it happens more frequently. I mean I'm open to it, but I wonder if cameras everywhere and internet proliferation of these stories isn't simply uncovering a problem that we'd all be blissfully ignorant of otherwize.
    “It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary (or faith) depends upon his not understanding it.”

  5. #15
    Guru
    csbrown28's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    NW Virginia
    Last Seen
    03-10-17 @ 06:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,022

    Re: Baltimore on edge after arrestee's fatal spine injury

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I am sensing a pattern in your posts....What do you have against law and order?
    That they are killing people without justification. Duh.

    And I have nothing against "Law and Order". I was going to be a cop, have trained cops and have friends and family who are cops, who it may surprise you, see the situations that occur and also have a problem with it.

    You can't writ a post without committing some kind of logical fallacy can you?
    “It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary (or faith) depends upon his not understanding it.”

  6. #16
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    19,639

    Re: Baltimore on edge after arrestee's fatal spine injury

    Quote Originally Posted by OrphanSlug View Post
    That does not justify the police causing the suspect's "spine was 80 percent severed at his neck." This is no longer about protecting others or following the law, this is about a growing problem of Police brutality up to and including murder. It is happening more frequently and it happens to correlate to an increasing militarization of our police force, where the active intention is to treat everyone as if they are an enemy of some degree.

    I simply do not buy this "obey the officer and you will be fine" sentiment any longer as we have too many examples of police doing whatever they want expecting to be able to operate above the law.

    Our real concern is this only ends one way, a real social backlash that we cannot whimsically dismiss. Too many people are dying at the hands of police for various reasons and in various conditions and there is not enough justification for all of it. It has to stop.
    First, we don't yet knkw what caused his injuries. Second, compared to the overall arrest rate, this isn't as big a problem as the media would lead you to believe
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  7. #17
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    56,748

    Re: Baltimore on edge after arrestee's fatal spine injury

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    First, we don't yet knkw what caused his injuries. Second, compared to the overall arrest rate, this isn't as big a problem as the media would lead you to believe
    Someones spine doesn't get almost completely severed without some considerable force being applied.

  8. #18
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    19,639

    Re: Baltimore on edge after arrestee's fatal spine injury

    Quote Originally Posted by csbrown28 View Post
    He ran before being detained. Pretty sure just running isn't a crime.
    Running just added to his record. I suspect that have added to his injuries also.
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  9. #19
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    19,639

    Re: Baltimore on edge after arrestee's fatal spine injury

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Someones spine doesn't get almost completely severed without some considerable force being applied.
    Like being tackled while running by cops on bicycles. Hitting you head on the curb etc.
    Running or resisting only leads to bad things happening.

    Didn't it say they hadn't done an autopsy yet?
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  10. #20
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    28,084

    Re: Baltimore on edge after arrestee's fatal spine injury

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    The posts sound to me like they are in favor of law and order and against rogue, out of control Police agencies. More USA people were killed by Police in the last 10 years than were killed in the Iraq War.
    Yeah, more people killed in Chicago by gangs and thugs too....they sound like they are for "law and order" to you but then you are more than willing to judge the entire police dept. based on the actions of ONE cop in the news....Fairness must be your middle name...NOT.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •