Page 16 of 49 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 484

Thread: Baltimore on edge after arrestee's fatal spine injury[W:216]

  1. #151
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    33,602

    Re: Baltimore on edge after arrestee's fatal spine injury

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Neither of us were there, but if the suspects started running as soon as they saw the police, then I can only guess "Stop!" was one of them.



    Yep, tragic...Probably would have gotten a warning, or a summons if they'd have just talked with the officers.
    They appear not to have been suspects except for the act of living in a high crime neighborhood and of running away from police. If you hear "stop" do you assume that constitutes a lawful order, personally directed at you, to do so? I understand the officer's frustration with having drugs sales (and the related property/violent crime) occurring but also understand the frustration of everyone living in that neighborhood being subjected to constant police harassment - the nerve of a convicted felon to carry an "illegal" pocket knife in a dangerous neighborhood!
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  2. #152
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    33,602

    Re: Baltimore on edge after arrestee's fatal spine injury

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Because you create a situation that would normally be considered 'more dangerous'.

    I don't believe that most cops set out to kill someone at the start of their workday but, due to the perils of their job, they are prepared to make sure they make it home at night regardless what the criminal thinks.
    As do most (if not all) other residents of that dangerous (high crime) neighborhood. How dangerous is having someone running away from you?
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  3. #153
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    21,416

    Re: Baltimore on edge after arrestee's fatal spine injury

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    Well of course that's what you'd say. I imagine you see the U.S. incarceration rate 7 times that of France, 5 times that of China etc., and chant "We're Number 1! USA! USA! USA!!"
    You do realize that China execute more people than all countries combined and sentences people to hard labor more times than not? Stats are funny things.

    Capital punishment in China - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  4. #154
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    21,416

    Re: Baltimore on edge after arrestee's fatal spine injury

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    Sure, he should have just stood there, and volunteered to be arrested on a BS charge with up to a year in jail and a $500 fine. It's one of those BS arrests he was trying to avoid, and you don't want to connect the dots.
    You make out like he didn't have any choice in life but to be a criminal.

    Given a choice, do you think he'd rather spend his time in jail or be dead right now? He made the wrong choice.
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  5. #155
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    21,416

    Re: Baltimore on edge after arrestee's fatal spine injury

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    As do most (if not all) other residents of that dangerous (high crime) neighborhood. How dangerous is having someone running away from you?
    That's the cop's line of thinking or procedure. In their minds, you're are guilty of something [when you run] and must be captured/questioned.

    Perhaps they knew this individual.
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  6. #156
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    33,602

    Re: Baltimore on edge after arrestee's fatal spine injury

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    That's the cop's line of thinking or procedure. In their minds, you're are guilty of something [when you run] and must be captured/questioned.

    Perhaps they knew this individual.
    Perhaps the police decided it was time to take him out. Perhaps he knew [suspected] that too.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  7. #157
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    21,416

    Re: Baltimore on edge after arrestee's fatal spine injury

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Perhaps the police decided it was time to take him out. Perhaps he knew [suspected] that too.
    We can only guess. 8)
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  8. #158
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,997

    Re: Baltimore on edge after arrestee's fatal spine injury

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    You do realize that China execute more people than all countries combined and sentences people to hard labor more times than not? Stats are funny things.
    OK, forget China. What's the mitigating stat for France, who somehow runs a developed country with 1/7th the number incarcerated? We're five times the UK. Look at the stats for any country on the planet. We're still #1! USA! USA! USA! USA!

  9. #159
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    33,602

    Re: Baltimore on edge after arrestee's fatal spine injury

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    We can only guess. 8)
    Exactly, thus the DOJ is pressing for making that into a more educated guess.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  10. #160
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    29,651

    Re: Baltimore on edge after arrestee's fatal spine injury

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    Well of course that's what you'd say. I imagine you see the U.S. incarceration rate 7 times that of France, 5 times that of China etc., and chant "We're Number 1! USA! USA! USA!!"
    I see, so if I don't agree with your outlook on the situation, then your argument is to insult me....Way to lose the argument Jasper.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 16 of 49 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •