Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 LastLast
Results 301 to 310 of 327

Thread: Cop snatches phone and smashes it (gets caught on video anyway)

  1. #301
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    56,236

    Re: Cop snatches phone and smashes it (gets caught on video anyway)

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    I don't have a problem with vests.
    Ah. So some of that "tacticool" gear is okay.

    I am pro gun as you know. I think you should be able to carry anywhere you wish (cept private property should that owner not want it), that said, if a locality has a ban on carrying, police should not be exempt.

    This is really a pro-gun argument tho.
    No it's not. It's pro-criminal. It's like saying that cops in car chases should be forced to obey the speed limit - it only enablets the malefactor.

    You misunderstand my point, I think many departments don't really need guns for patrol officers, in fact most officers never draw thier guns in thier entire carreer.
    So? I never shot anyone either tour. That didn't mean I was leaving the wire without a weapon.

    Constitution restricts government not people. we are not enforcing laws, we are not government agents, doesn't fit.
    The logic is the same. It's not my fault you are depending on an anti-gun argument.

    27, I don't care whether it's detroit of the hamptons, 27 is statistically nill. 27 out of 900,000
    how many shot at or otherwise attacked? What are the numbers of violent stats for the localities where these incidents are generally taking place?

    27 killed most from accidents,
    how many shot at or otherwise attacked? What are the numbers of violent stats for the localities where these incidents are generally taking place?


    it seems all the singing about killing cops is bluster.
    and yet the point still stands that there is a significant section of this country that views LE as The Enemy and celebrates their killing.

    People who don't pay fines should have thier property levied after due process to make the offended party whole
    Right. Because if there is one thing that we know about drug addicts, it's that they typically accumulate lots of property.

    again, I am talking about the 40% more or less of those who are in only for a non-violent drug offense.
    If you break the law you break the law. We can begin to reduce inflow by changing the law.

    The war on drugs is a failure, end it.
    Meth and other harder drugs are incredibly dangerous and should be criminalized. Marijuana should be treated like alcohol, heroin, not so much.
    “In America we have a two-party system,” a Republican congressional staffer told a visiting group of Russian legislators. “There is the stupid party. And there is the evil party. I am proud to be a member of the stupid party. Periodically, the two parties get together and do something that is both stupid and evil. This is called: bipartisanship."

  2. #302
    onomatopoeic
    mbig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-17 @ 07:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,350

    Re: Cop snatches phone and smashes it (gets caught on video anyway)

    I think what's obvious is this is that for at least a certain percent of police, this is Normal behavior.
    There are just alot more cameras now that don't tell lies can't be refuted, tho they try with other possible, if unlikely scenarios. Anything that Might fly.

    What's good is with the many recent events, some cops Will change behavior because in most cases they won't know when a cameras on them. There goes the Unfettered power-trip/fudge-anything/immunity part.
    I'm personally sick of not being able to dunk a basketball because of racism.
    anon

  3. #303
    u mad, snowflake?
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    TITANPOINTE, NYC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    72,130

    Re: Cop snatches phone and smashes it (gets caught on video anyway)

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Ah. So some of that "tacticool" gear is okay.
    kevlar is fine, a plate carrier with IIIa plates and a full loadout, not so much.


    No it's not. It's pro-criminal. It's like saying that cops in car chases should be forced to obey the speed limit - it only enablets the malefactor.
    Depends on why they are being chased. if it's for a broken tail light, it's not worth the risk to the public.

    they should get more of these:

    The High-Tech GPS Tracker That Is A "Game-changer" For Police - Business Insider

    that's police-cool!


    So? I never shot anyone either tour. That didn't mean I was leaving the wire without a weapon.
    You were in a warzone, not a suburban American town! /facepalm


    The logic is the same. It's not my fault you are depending on an anti-gun argument.
    ignoring stupid commentary.


    how many shot at or otherwise attacked? What are the numbers of violent stats for the localities where these incidents are generally taking place?
    there were 50,000 assaults on police officers (out of 900,000) that resulted in "injury", mostly minor. I am all for, if a need is shown for giving police in high crime areas, certain leeway and more tools to get the job done.

    That's usually not looking like you are going to war with that community, that makes it worse.

    and yet the point still stands that there is a significant section of this country that views LE as The Enemy and celebrates their killing.
    I accept your concession.


    Right. Because if there is one thing that we know about drug addicts, it's that they typically accumulate lots of property.
    why are we bothering with drug addicts for fines? it's a victimless crime.


    If you break the law you break the law. We can begin to reduce inflow by changing the law.
    I agree we need to break the law, and commute any sentence of non violent drug offenses in prison.


    Meth and other harder drugs are incredibly dangerous and should be criminalized. Marijuana should be treated like alcohol, heroin, not so much.
    "meth" is amphetamine, same class and design that we give rambuctious 5 year olds. yes, it can be abused.
    If you build an army of 100 lions and their leader is a dog, in any fight, the lions will die like a dog. But if you build an army of 100 dogs and their leader is a lion, all dogs will fight like a lion.

  4. #304
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Cop snatches phone and smashes it (gets caught on video anyway)

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    All of them? Oh man....anarchy at its finest....
    Getting rid of "all" bad cops is anarchy?
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  5. #305
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 08:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    29,117

    Re: Cop snatches phone and smashes it (gets caught on video anyway)

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Getting rid of "all" bad cops is anarchy?
    You didn't differentiate. You just said "get rid of them"
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #306
    Guru

    cAPSLOCK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Dallas Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,879
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Cop snatches phone and smashes it (gets caught on video anyway)

    Quote Originally Posted by csbrown28 View Post
    I responded to this, then I read it for the sarcasm that (I hope) it is...
    Yes. It was.

  7. #307
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    56,236

    Re: Cop snatches phone and smashes it (gets caught on video anyway)

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    kevlar is fine, a plate carrier with IIIa plates and a full loadout, not so much.
    Ah. So this is the theory that criminals do not use rifles or high-power handguns?

    Police units are likely to know best what their particular locale most requires in terms of personal protection. A single national standard will prove one size fits not-quite-anyone rather than everyone.

    Depends on why they are being chased. if it's for a broken tail light, it's not worth the risk to the public.
    If the individual has a broken tail light, and runs from the cops, then he doesn't have merely a broken tail light, but is breaking other laws as well. If you merely have a broken tail light, you pull over when they flash the lights.

    But your argument would remain that cops should follow the same laws that apply to civilians in the regards that allow them to successfully do their jobs. This is ridiculous. We hire them for a reason.

    I'm not against it, but you are forgetting public safety.

    You were in a warzone, not a suburban American town! /facepalm
    I would have been in more danger, statistically, had I been in Detroit. As I have tried to point out to you, local conditions reign, and "suburban American town" is not the universal condition.


    ignoring stupid commentary.
    Which translates to "Okay, I got carried away and made a dumb argument that I don't actually believe, because I'm not an anti-gunner and I don't accept their logic."?

    there were 50,000 assaults on police officers (out of 900,000) that resulted in "injury", mostly minor.
    Hm. Goodness. So, in other words, around 5-7% of cops get assaulted in such a manner as to cause injury (rather than just "being assaulted, which I think we can assume is a wider number) on the job, every year, with likely concentration in dangerous locales and few or no incidents in safer locales.

    I am all for, if a need is shown for giving police in high crime areas, certain leeway and more tools to get the job done.
    And the local unit is most likely to understand the local conditions.

    That's usually not looking like you are going to war with that community, that makes it worse.
    broadly, I'd concur.

    I accept your concession.
    my point remains.

    why are we bothering with drug addicts for fines? it's a victimless crime.
    Not necessarily. And Rule of Law is important. Even if it's dumb, if you break the law, you should be punished.

    I agree we need to break the law, and commute any sentence of non violent drug offenses in prison.
    again, broadly, with caveats, for softer drugs I can agree with that.

    "meth" is amphetamine, same class and design that we give rambuctious 5 year olds. yes, it can be abused.
    Meth is nothing like what we give rambunctious 5 year olds. Meth friggin kills you, and fast. Meth heads I would almost support automatically taking away their children, given the near-universal neglect and abuse that occurs as soon as someone becomes hooked on that crap. Harder drugs =/= marijuana.
    Last edited by cpwill; 04-23-15 at 01:58 PM.
    “In America we have a two-party system,” a Republican congressional staffer told a visiting group of Russian legislators. “There is the stupid party. And there is the evil party. I am proud to be a member of the stupid party. Periodically, the two parties get together and do something that is both stupid and evil. This is called: bipartisanship."

  8. #308
    u mad, snowflake?
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    TITANPOINTE, NYC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    72,130

    Re: Cop snatches phone and smashes it (gets caught on video anyway)

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Ah. So this is the theory that criminals do not use rifles or high-power handguns?
    again, 27 police died 2013, the mortality rate by gunfire is 3.3 per 100,000 which is lower than the civillians around them which is 4.6 per 100,000.

    While yes it does happen, it's rare enough that plate carriers are an uneeded accessory.



    Police units are likely to know best what their particular locale most requires in terms of personal protection. A single national standard will prove one size fits not-quite-anyone rather than everyone.

    The 1033 program's results says otherwise. Though I never called for a one size fits all national standard, in fact I've said the opposite, numerous times.



    If the individual has a broken tail light, and runs from the cops, then he doesn't have merely a broken tail light, but is breaking other laws as well. If you merely have a broken tail light, you pull over when they flash the lights.

    suspended license maybe? is it worth putting innocent lives at risk?


    But your argument would remain that cops should follow the same laws that apply to civilians in the regards that allow them to successfully do their jobs. This is ridiculous. We hire them for a reason.
    Not sure what you mean.


    I'm not against it, but you are forgetting public safety.
    I am enhancing public safety.


    Why do you have a criminal record? the danger for you and me is overstated, and with the very low number of cops shot each year, and statistics showing that 90% or so national average of people shooting each other, both had criminal records.


    Hm. Goodness. So, in other words, around 5-7% of cops get assaulted in such a manner as to cause injury (rather than just "being assaulted, which I think we can assume is a wider number) on the job, every year, with likely concentration in dangerous locales and few or no incidents in safer locales.

    "injury" is very broad, and again most were minor. and again, I never advocated for a one size fits all.


    And the local unit is most likely to understand the local conditions.



    broadly, I'd concur.



    my point remains.



    Not necessarily. And Rule of Law is important. Even if it's dumb, if you break the law, you should be punished.



    “A Law repugnant to the Constitution is void.” -chief Justice Marshall


    Meth is nothing like what we give rambunctious 5 year olds. Meth friggin kills you, and fast. Meth heads I would almost support automatically taking away their children, given the near-universal neglect and abuse that occurs as soon as someone becomes hooked on that crap. Harder drugs =/= marijuana.




    but here's a question, what are the side affects of methamphetamine and it's associated risks? what are they for adderall?

    specifically show why methampetamine is worse based on medical warnings.
    If you build an army of 100 lions and their leader is a dog, in any fight, the lions will die like a dog. But if you build an army of 100 dogs and their leader is a lion, all dogs will fight like a lion.

  9. #309
    Guru
    csbrown28's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    NW Virginia
    Last Seen
    06-09-17 @ 08:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,023

    Re: Cop snatches phone and smashes it (gets caught on video anyway)

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    "meth" is amphetamine, same class and design that we give rambuctious 5 year olds. yes, it can be abused.
    As one of those rambunctious 5 year olds, I can tell you that Ritalin and Adderall are drugs that are of the amphetamine group, they are chemically much different than meth-amphetamine which adds a methyl group....Not that you can't take a bunch and get "high". I've seen it done, but it's nothing at all like meth-amphetamine.

    Sort of like H20=water, H2O2=Hydrogen Peroxide

    Very similar in their chemical makeup, but are totally different and have much different properties....Same idea.
    “It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary (or faith) depends upon his not understanding it.”

  10. #310
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    40,205

    Re: Cop snatches phone and smashes it (gets caught on video anyway)

    This illustrates the dangers of meth (originally posted by Ladymoonlight in the funny pictures thread, but appropriate here

    "Those were lies, pure and simple."

Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •