Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 327

Thread: Cop snatches phone and smashes it (gets caught on video anyway)

  1. #11
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    73,722

    Re: Cop snatches phone and smashes it (gets caught on video anyway)

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Oh my...Not "Blackwater"!!! We should make paramilitary gear illegal.



    If the d00d wanted to be a high speed low drag hero, he should have joined an outfit where they are more likely to shoot back.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  2. #12
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    73,722

    Re: Cop snatches phone and smashes it (gets caught on video anyway)

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    initially his actions look fairly indefensible, however, it's pretty obviously clipped. We will see what fully comes out.

    In the meantime, those who rush to jump on the cop are operating in as much dark as those who rush to defend him.



    There is nothing that woman could have done or said that would justify the grab and smashing/kicking of her personal property.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  3. #13
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    29,933

    Re: Cop snatches phone and smashes it (gets caught on video anyway)

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    If the d00d wanted to be a high speed low drag hero, he should have joined an outfit where they are more likely to shoot back.
    *Sigh* yeah ok....Being on a gang interdiction police force in LA for Christ sake, is not dangerous enough...Right on Dirty Harry.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #14
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,051

    Re: Cop snatches phone and smashes it (gets caught on video anyway)

    My only comment on this is to ask who in their right mind would want to be a police officer in this day and in this political/social climate? Constantly watched/taped, constantly second guessed, constantly accused of being criminal or thugs, and constantly having an entitled public up in their faces everywhere they go and work.

    Being a police officer today has to be one of if not the most stressful of jobs going. You couldn't pay me enough to be one and I'm grateful for those who do the job and do it well.
    A Canadian conservative is one who believes in limited government and that the government should stay out of our wallets and out of our bedrooms.

  5. #15
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    29,933

    Re: Cop snatches phone and smashes it (gets caught on video anyway)

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    There is nothing that woman could have done or said that would justify the grab and smashing/kicking of her personal property.
    You know, of you get too close to the Tiger cage at the zoo, it may attack you as well....
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #16
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    29,933

    Re: Cop snatches phone and smashes it (gets caught on video anyway)

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    My only comment on this is to ask who in their right mind would want to be a police officer in this day and in this political/social climate? Constantly watched/taped, constantly second guessed, constantly accused of being criminal or thugs, and constantly having an entitled public up in their faces everywhere they go and work.

    Being a police officer today has to be one of if not the most stressful of jobs going. You couldn't pay me enough to be one and I'm grateful for those who do the job and do it well.
    Hear, hear....! My company is talking about putting dashcams in our trucks pointing not only at the road, but back at us as well...So far, 5 people have quit.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #17
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:13 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,143

    Re: Cop snatches phone and smashes it (gets caught on video anyway)

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Let me just say, from the short snippet of what happened that we saw, I do NOT condone the police officers actions, however, don't we have to ask ourselves why it is that outlets like NBC are pushing this meme...? I mean, you and others that can be so easily manipulated by a 10 second snip of footage, and a narrative need to back up a moment, and check why you are falling for this silliness.
    I don't think it has anything to do with the 10 second snip. It has everything to do with the many hundreds of citizens shot by the Police every year. Police killings are common as horse turds and inexcusable. It's supposed to be "Protect and Serve," not center mass.

  8. #18
    dangerously addictive
    americanwoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    17,109

    Re: Cop snatches phone and smashes it (gets caught on video anyway)

    From the short video it looks like one of the cops tells her to get back and she was starting to do just that when the other cop straight up snatches the phone or camera out of her hands and I can't see anything that would have given him a good reason to do that.
    I call my own shots, largely based on an accumulation of data, and everyone knows it.
    _____________________________________________

  9. #19
    Ideologically Impure
    Simon W. Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fayettenam
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,511
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Cop snatches phone and smashes it (gets caught on video anyway)

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    initially his actions look fairly indefensible, however, it's pretty obviously clipped. We will see what fully comes out.

    In the meantime, those who rush to jump on the cop are operating in as much dark as those who rush to defend him.

    This one is a little longer.

    Los Angeles Sheriff's Deputy Snatches Camera From Woman, Smashes it to Sidewalk, Kicks it - PINAC


    Part of the rush to judgment is likely based on the difficulty of imagining a likely situation which would make the behavior justifiable.
    The lady seems to be backing away (as requested?).

    In that situation, what interest of the state would outweigh the lady's Fourth Amendment rights?

    There's not an answer which readily comes to mind.
    So from there, humans leap to the conclusion that if they cannot imagine such a scenario, then one does not exist.
    There's not enough information to categorically rule out the possibility that the state had good reason to suspend Constitutional rights.

    But, truth be told, my imagination is failing me at the moment as well.
    I am having trouble imagining a likely scenario wherein the state has some interest which supersedes the lady's Fourth Amendment rights.

    But I am open to new information as it arrives.
    There may be some very plausible scenario where the lady's Constitutional rights must be violated.

    If anyone thinks up a plausible scenario, please feel free to share it.
    I may be wrong.

  10. #20
    A sinister place...
    OrphanSlug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Atlanta
    Last Seen
    08-08-17 @ 01:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,860

    Re: Cop snatches phone and smashes it (gets caught on video anyway)

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Let me just say, from the short snippet of what happened that we saw, I do NOT condone the police officers actions, however, don't we have to ask ourselves why it is that outlets like NBC are pushing this meme...? I mean, you and others that can be so easily manipulated by a 10 second snip of footage, and a narrative need to back up a moment, and check why you are falling for this silliness.
    I'm not convinced we can dismiss this one under the guise of network news motivations.

    I get that in the course of police action one cannot interfere, but at a reasonable distance while *out in public* the Police have no expectation of privacy where they can demand to not be filmed. At the same time what the officer did do was destruction of private property and arguably assault (the effort to grab the phone, again... arguably.)

    I do not think as a society we can tolerate officers who look at their activity as being above the law.
    "Every time something really bad happens, people cry out for safety, and the government answers by taking rights away from good people." - Penn Jillette.

Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •