Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 327

Thread: Cop snatches phone and smashes it (gets caught on video anyway)

  1. #141
    Guru

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,940

    Re: Cop snatches phone and smashes it (gets caught on video anyway)

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    No, but notice that you first had to create a strawman argument to attack what I am saying, then proceed to move straight to punishment....So tell me, what "punishment" do you think fits his egregious action of breaking a cell phone? Death penalty?
    What straw man did I create.

    As to what punishment he should get, in my opinion he should get the same punishment that your average citizen would get. Also if I was the chief and this particular cop had shown the slightest type of behavior before he would be fired. If he can not be trusted to act according to the law than he sure as hell shouldn't be a cop.

  2. #142
    Bat Chain Puller
    beefheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The burning sands of the desert southwest.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    19,239

    Re: Cop snatches phone and smashes it (gets caught on video anyway)

    Quote Originally Posted by csbrown28 View Post
    Watch: LAPD deputy snatches woman's cellphone - One News Page VIDEO

    More over the top actions by police who somehow believe they are above the law.

    Note: The way she's holding the device and the loudness of the smash on the ground leads me to suspect it wasn't a cell phone, but as Today as reported a "camera".
    Ah, I didn't see this thread, I posted one...d'oh!

    Anyway, this is so typical....it is not against the law to film police.

    They obviously don't like people observing them do they?

    What are they hiding?

    What a goon, I hope he gets busted down hard.
    "Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

  3. #143
    Guru

    cAPSLOCK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Dallas Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,922
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Cop snatches phone and smashes it (gets caught on video anyway)

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    No, but notice that you first had to create a strawman argument to attack what I am saying, then proceed to move straight to punishment....So tell me, what "punishment" do you think fits his egregious action of breaking a cell phone? Death penalty?
    Whatever punishments deemed appropriate by a judge or jury based on the laws that may have been broken. Looks to me like assault, robbery, and possibly a first amendment violation. For starters.

    California penal code (240) prescribes up to six months jail for simple assault and a 1k fine. I think there are several other potential charges. Use google if you want to start adding it up. Also this man should face whatever penalties are drawn up in LA sherrifs conduct rules.

    You think what he did is OK?

  4. #144
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:54 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,399

    Re: Cop snatches phone and smashes it (gets caught on video anyway)

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Ok, I give you that...So reprimand the cop...Does this really need an entire thread other than to continue the smear of police today?
    It seems that example after example after example keeps popping up and yet some people still can't seem to grasp that there's an issue here that needs to see the light of day.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  5. #145
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    02-18-17 @ 11:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,828

    Re: Cop snatches phone and smashes it (gets caught on video anyway)

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    They don't that's a creation of the 1033 program, the war on terror, and the desire to turn the police into a domestic military force. What you are seeing, is the backlash to militarizing the police.

    Police, in times of historic peace, low crime, are treating this country like a warzone and gearing up as if it's an occupation. It's not the other way around.,

    I mean, a tactical beard?



    LAPD facial hair policy:

    "Facial hair is permitted for on-duty officers in uniform with the permission of the Chief of Police. All facial hair shall be clean, neatly trimmed, and will present a professional appearance. Permission to wear beards, moustaches, and goatees may be withdrawn by the Chief at any time."

    Attachment 67183438


    So, for what reason does this high speed, low drag "operator" need to have an unkempt bear while on duty?


    We both know the reason, cause all the cool socom d00ds and contractors do it in iraq and afghanistan (with good reason, reason that is lacking in LA)
    Just for the record, this situation has nothing to do with the LAPD. The offending officer, still on the job by the way, is a U.S. Marshall

  6. #146
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    02-18-17 @ 11:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,828

    Re: Cop snatches phone and smashes it (gets caught on video anyway)

    Quote Originally Posted by csbrown28 View Post
    Watch: LAPD deputy snatches woman's cellphone - One News Page VIDEO

    More over the top actions by police who somehow believe they are above the law.

    Note: The way she's holding the device and the loudness of the smash on the ground leads me to suspect it wasn't a cell phone, but as Today as reported a "camera".
    You've been duped. The officer involved in this video is not LAPD, he's a U.S. Marshall

  7. #147
    Guru
    the_recruit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,177

    Re: Cop snatches phone and smashes it (gets caught on video anyway)

    It's so childish. Literally. You see preschoolers act that at recess - stomping over and snatching toys out of others' hands.

    Maybe he didn't have his nap?

  8. #148
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Cop snatches phone and smashes it (gets caught on video anyway)

    Quote Originally Posted by Blemonds View Post
    You've been duped. The officer involved in this video is not LAPD, he's a U.S. Marshall
    Is that suppose to make us feel better?
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  9. #149
    Guru
    csbrown28's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    NW Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 12:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,036

    Re: Cop snatches phone and smashes it (gets caught on video anyway)

    Quote Originally Posted by beefheart View Post
    Ah, I didn't see this thread, I posted one...d'oh!

    Anyway, this is so typical....it is not against the law to film police.

    They obviously don't like people observing them do they?

    What are they hiding?

    What a goon, I hope he gets busted down hard.
    The problem I have is that he acts with such impunity. Now I am a reasonable person and I'll eat my words if there is a good explanation for what happened, but I just can't imagine a good reason for what happened in this video, or perhaps I just lack a good imagination.
    “It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary (or faith) depends upon his not understanding it.”

  10. #150
    Guru
    csbrown28's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    NW Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 12:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,036

    Re: Cop snatches phone and smashes it (gets caught on video anyway)

    Quote Originally Posted by Blemonds View Post
    You've been duped. The officer involved in this video is not LAPD, he's a U.S. Marshall
    So?........
    “It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary (or faith) depends upon his not understanding it.”

Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •