Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 46

Thread: The cop who wouldn’t shoot: Bodycam video shows Ohio officer holding fire as murder s

  1. #11
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    34,730

    Re: The cop who wouldn’t shoot: Bodycam video shows Ohio officer holding fire as murd

    i try not to bitch about cops too much, because i suspect they have one of the hardest jobs. i do bitch when they do something really bad, though, so i should comment on this story in order to be fair.

    this officer showed a lot of courage and restraint, and is obviously intelligent and able to come up with a good strategy, even in the heat of the moment. well done, and kudos.

  2. #12
    Sage
    Roadvirus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,032

    Re: The cop who wouldn’t shoot: Bodycam video shows Ohio officer holding fire as murd

    He didn't shoot because he didn't want to have his life ruined by media sharks and community activists (mostly race baiters) who prefer prejudging someone before knowing the entire story.

  3. #13
    Sage
    ObamacareFail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    12,870

    Re: The cop who wouldn’t shoot: Bodycam video shows Ohio officer holding fire as murd

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    That's not rightful. Police should not fire until fired upon. That is the standard we should employ. They continually demonstrate that they cannot accurately determine danger, and keep killing unarmed people. As agents of the government, police have no business executing people without due process. Their own subjective (and frequently wrong) opinion is nowhere near enough to constitute that. Without someone actually firing bullets at the cop or at someone else, police have no business doing the same.
    I disagree. Sometimes the difference between a cop living or losing his life is a split second decision. If a cop has to wait for a shot fired at him before he can return fire, he could be a dead man and for no good reason. He should not have to give up his life for the sake of certainty. Kudos to the cop mentioned in this thread for his bravery, however had he shot the man, it would have been a justified shooting.

  4. #14
    Uncanny
    Paschendale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    03-31-16 @ 03:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    12,510

    Re: The cop who wouldn’t shoot: Bodycam video shows Ohio officer holding fire as murd

    Quote Originally Posted by ObamacareFail View Post
    I disagree. Sometimes the difference between a cop living or losing his life is a split second decision. If a cop has to wait for a shot fired at him before he can return fire, he could be a dead man and for no good reason. He should not have to give up his life for the sake of certainty. Kudos to the cop mentioned in this thread for his bravery, however had he shot the man, it would have been a justified shooting.
    And the difference between an innocent person living or losing their life is a split second decision by a cop. No agent of the government should be permitted to make a split second decision to execute anyone. If a cop can't handle that responsibility, then he's in the wrong line of work.
    Liberté. Égalité. Fraternité.

  5. #15
    Sage
    ObamacareFail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    12,870

    Re: The cop who wouldn’t shoot: Bodycam video shows Ohio officer holding fire as murd

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    And the difference between an innocent person living or losing their life is a split second decision by a cop. No agent of the government should be permitted to make a split second decision to execute anyone. If a cop can't handle that responsibility, then he's in the wrong line of work.
    You are not being realistic. Cya later.

  6. #16
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    28,617

    Re: The cop who wouldn’t shoot: Bodycam video shows Ohio officer holding fire as murd

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    And the difference between an innocent person living or losing their life is a split second decision by a cop. No agent of the government should be permitted to make a split second decision to execute anyone. If a cop can't handle that responsibility, then he's in the wrong line of work.
    This cop was able to get away with not firing at the charging suspect, but in reality, that, more times than not does not end up well...The only reason for you to not want police to protect themselves is a disrespect for law, and police...He was lucky, and I suspect dressed down by his superiors for not following procedure.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #17
    Agitate Agitate! Agitate!
    d0gbreath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Denton, TX
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    8,429

    Re: The cop who wouldn’t shoot: Bodycam video shows Ohio officer holding fire as murd

    Courage.

    Cop haz it.
    The Art of the Squeal, like a Fascist Pig!

  8. #18
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-30-16 @ 05:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,614

    Re: The cop who wouldn’t shoot: Bodycam video shows Ohio officer holding fire as murd

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    This cop was able to get away with not firing at the charging suspect, but in reality, that, more times than not does not end up well...The only reason for you to not want police to protect themselves is a disrespect for law, and police...He was lucky, and I suspect dressed down by his superiors for not following procedure.
    Psst, he's a socialist.
    Be sure to work hard and get lots of overtime. People on welfare want more steaks and free upgrades to smart phones with unlimited data packages.

  9. #19
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,331

    Re: The cop who wouldn’t shoot: Bodycam video shows Ohio officer holding fire as murd

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    That's not rightful. Police should not fire until fired upon. That is the standard we should employ. They continually demonstrate that they cannot accurately determine danger, and keep killing unarmed people. As agents of the government, police have no business executing people without due process. Their own subjective (and frequently wrong) opinion is nowhere near enough to constitute that. Without someone actually firing bullets at the cop or at someone else, police have no business doing the same.

    Then you will have a lot of dead police officers.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  10. #20
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,331

    Re: The cop who wouldn’t shoot: Bodycam video shows Ohio officer holding fire as murd

    Quote Originally Posted by d0gbreath View Post
    Courage.

    Cop haz it.
    Would he have been courageous or stupid if his restraint lead to his death?
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •