Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 188

Thread: Putin warns Israel against selling arms to Ukraine

  1. #1
    Sic et Non


    Rogue Valley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:42 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,803

    Putin warns Israel against selling arms to Ukraine

    Putin warns Israel against selling arms to Ukraine

    04.19.2015

    Russian President Vladimir Putin warned Israel against supplying weapons to the Ukrainian government, which is battling a Russian- backed insurgency in its eastern province.
    Well now. Vlad has had no qualms about supplying lethal arms to the pro-Russia rebels in eastern Ukraine which has resulted in well over 6,000 dead and over 1,000,000 displaced.

    Considering also that Putin is beginning to supply Israel arch-foe Iran with high-tech weapons systems ... the pinnacle of audacity and hypocrisy.

  2. #2
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Putin warns Israel against selling arms to Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by Simpleχity View Post
    Putin warns Israel against selling arms to Ukraine


    Well now. Vlad has had no qualms about supplying lethal arms to the pro-Russia rebels in eastern Ukraine which has resulted in well over 6,000 dead and over 1,000,000 displaced.

    Considering also that Putin is beginning to supply Israel arch-foe Iran with high-tech weapons systems ... the pinnacle of audacity and hypocrisy.
    Yes, I know you love to say that. But there's not complete comparison there. And show me a country in the fray where there isn't hypocrisy in policy.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  3. #3
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    02-01-17 @ 09:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    11,667

    Re: Putin warns Israel against selling arms to Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Yes, I know you love to say that. But there's not complete comparison there. And show me a country in the fray where there isn't hypocrisy in policy.
    I suspect that Israel's calculation is rather simple. The S-300 transaction has raised Israel's security costs by making it more difficult for Israel to operate air operations against Iran, if necessary. By considering supplying Kiev with some weapons--not assured right now--Israel is at least signalling to Moscow that it could raise Russia's costs with respect to perceived Russian interests, even if it never goes ahead and supplies Kiev. The overall idea is to discourage Russia from engaging in future transactions that pose a threat to Israel's security interests.

  4. #4
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Putin warns Israel against selling arms to Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by donsutherland1 View Post
    I suspect that Israel's calculation is rather simple. The S-300 transaction has raised Israel's security costs by making it more difficult for Israel to operate air operations against Iran, if necessary. By considering supplying Kiev with some weapons--not assured right now--Israel is at least signalling to Moscow that it could raise Russia's costs with respect to perceived Russian interests, even if it never goes ahead and supplies Kiev. The overall idea is to discourage Russia from engaging in future transactions that pose a threat to Israel's security interests.
    That's too bad that Iranian defense is seen as a complication for Israel. It seems to me that folk are complaining about Russian opposition to NATO defense systems.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  5. #5
    Student Nicci's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Seattle
    Last Seen
    03-16-16 @ 06:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    230

    Re: Putin warns Israel against selling arms to Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    That's too bad that Iranian defense is seen as a complication for Israel. It seems to me that folk are complaining about Russian opposition to NATO defense systems.
    Yup, we can't let the big bad terrorists (Iran isn't one) defend themselves, we need to keep them in fear.

    See how well that worked for Cuba.
    "Love is a passion for life shared with another person."

    "How do you know the good memories from the bad, if you only have good ones."

  6. #6
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    13,252

    Re: Putin warns Israel against selling arms to Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    That's too bad that Iranian defense is seen as a complication for Israel. It seems to me that folk are complaining about Russian opposition to NATO defense systems.
    And too bad that isn't the topic. Care to address the OP? It would be nice if there would be a couple coherent replies before it is diverted into an anti America/Israel bash fest.

  7. #7
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Putin warns Israel against selling arms to Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    And too bad that isn't the topic. Care to address the OP? It would be nice if there would be a couple coherent replies before it is diverted into an anti America/Israel bash fest.
    Hypocrisy is always the topic, deal with it.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  8. #8
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    13,252

    Re: Putin warns Israel against selling arms to Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Hypocrisy is always the topic, deal with it.
    You mean the hypocrisy of you focusing on supposed Israeli and American aggression and ignoring Russian aggression. Yeah that does happen a lot.

  9. #9
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Putin warns Israel against selling arms to Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    You mean the hypocrisy of you focusing on supposed Israeli and American aggression and ignoring Russian aggression. Yeah that does happen a lot.
    No, the hypocrisy pointed out in my post that you didn't like.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  10. #10
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    13,252

    Re: Putin warns Israel against selling arms to Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    No, the hypocrisy pointed out in my post that you didn't like.
    Sorry I must have missed it. Care to address the OP yet.

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •