Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 188

Thread: Putin warns Israel against selling arms to Ukraine

  1. #121
    Student Nicci's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Seattle
    Last Seen
    03-16-16 @ 06:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    230

    Re: Putin warns Israel against selling arms to Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by face, your View Post
    Yeah, you don't have a clue what you're talking about, get educated:

    Mosaddeq did come to power legitimately — the Shah had appointed him prime minister in 1951 under the country’s constitutional monarchy — but his continuance in power was anything but. To win re-election in 1952, Mosaddeq stopped the counting of votes midway, after most of the urban vote was in — Mosaddeq’s power base was in the cities — and before the rural votes could be counted. This “secular democrat,” as Argo describes him, then suspended parliament and ruled by emergency power, decreeing sweeping land reforms that expropriated the rural land owners and established a system of collective farming under government land ownership. To deal with objectors, Mosaddeq relied on goon squads from the Iranian Communist party.

    By 1953 his popularity was tanking — his nationalization of the oil industry, though initially popular, led to an economically ruinous international boycott that cost him support with the public and splintered his National Front party, a sprawling coalition of socialists, nationalists, workers and clergy. Looming nationalizations in transportation and communications and attempts to control food production further polarized society, with many fearing Iran would come to resemble the neighbouring Soviet Union, where an atheistic state controlled the economy and society. The final straw was a referendum Mosaddeq called to dissolve parliament, which he won with 99.9% of the vote — those who might want to vote “no” had to use separate ballot boxes, sometimes in different polling places, where voters had to provide their names, addresses, and their identity cards. Within 10 days of the referendum, the people took to the streets and Mosaddeq was deposed.


    Lawrence Solomon: Argo perpetuates myth of CIA coup | Financial Post
    I'm sorry here is the official memo from the CIA, declassified showing we over threw the elected government.

    There was no emergency referendum called, it was because we did not want Iran to talk to the USSR.

    http://www.nytimes.com/library/world...ia-summary.pdf
    "Love is a passion for life shared with another person."

    "How do you know the good memories from the bad, if you only have good ones."

  2. #122
    Professor
    kjwins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Last Seen
    03-24-17 @ 11:25 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,824

    Re: Putin warns Israel against selling arms to Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicci View Post
    I'm sorry here is the official memo from the CIA, declassified showing we over threw the elected government.

    There was no emergency referendum called, it was because we did not want Iran to talk to the USSR.

    http://www.nytimes.com/library/world...ia-summary.pdf
    A little side note to this, the Ayatollah Khomeini was one of the people paid by the CIA to overthrow Mosaddeq.
    “A drug is not bad. A drug is a chemical compound. The problem comes in when people who take drugs treat them like a license to behave like an asshole.” People do drugs because reality sucks, If you want people to stop doing drugs change reality.
    ― Frank Zappa

  3. #123
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Posts
    555

    Re: Putin warns Israel against selling arms to Ukraine

    Obama let Putin and Iran do wherever they wanted ... Typical liberal foreign policy...

  4. #124
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    05-05-15 @ 06:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    632

    Re: Putin warns Israel against selling arms to Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicci View Post
    I'm sorry here is the official memo from the CIA, declassified showing we over threw the elected government.

    There was no emergency referendum called, it was because we did not want Iran to talk to the USSR.

    http://www.nytimes.com/library/world...ia-summary.pdf
    I'm sorry but your link in no way contests the incontrovertible facts I presented, there was a referendum to dissolve parliament in which Mossadeq garnered a laughable 99.9% yay vote that is a historical fact it is not up for ****ing debate.

    In 1951, Prime Minister of Iran, the leader of the Social Democratic People's Front, Mohammad Mossadegh decided to nationalize Iran's oil industry, which was controlled by the Anglo-Iranian Oil Company (later - British Petroleum). British attempts to exert "influence" on Mossadegh through Shah Mohammad Reza Pahlavi failed. Mossadegh held a referendum in which he secured 99.9% of the votes, assumed emergency powers, took over the command of the armed forces. And, in the end, deposed the Shah and sent him into exile in February 1953. The troops took control of the oil infrastructure facilities in the country.

    Read more: Oil and politics - News - Politics - Russian Radio

    A referendum to dissolve parliament and give the prime minister power to make law was submitted to voters, and it passed with 99 percent approval, 2,043,300 votes to 1300 votes against.[56] According to Mark J. Gasiorowski, "There were separate polling stations for yes and no votes, producing sharp criticism of Mosaddeq" and that the "controversial referendum...gave the CIA's precoup propaganda campaign an easy target". On or around 16 August, Parliament was suspended indefinitely, and Mosaddeq's emergency powers were extended.

    Mohammad Mosaddegh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    https://books.google.com/books?id=7n...ssadeq&f=false

    Mossadeq was aware of the plots around him and called a referendum which returned a highly suspicious 99.9% vote in favour of dissolving parliament and granting him emergency powers. Mohammad Reza demanded that Mossadeq step down and when the beleaguered prime minister refused, the Shah left the country, anticipating trouble.

    The Pahlavis & The Last Shah of Iran | IranVisitor - Travel Guide To Iran

    Facts are stubborn things!
    Last edited by face, your; 04-21-15 at 01:39 PM.

  5. #125
    Student Nicci's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Seattle
    Last Seen
    03-16-16 @ 06:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    230

    Re: Putin warns Israel against selling arms to Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by face, your View Post
    I'm sorry but your link in no way contests the incontrovertible facts I presented, there was a referendum to dissolve parliament in which Mossadeq garnered a laughable 99.9% yay vote that is a historical fact it is not up for ****ing debate.

    In 1951, Prime Minister of Iran, the leader of the Social Democratic People's Front, Mohammad Mossadegh decided to nationalize Iran's oil industry, which was controlled by the Anglo-Iranian Oil Company (later - British Petroleum). British attempts to exert "influence" on Mossadegh through Shah Mohammad Reza Pahlavi failed. Mossadegh held a referendum in which he secured 99.9% of the votes, assumed emergency powers, took over the command of the armed forces. And, in the end, deposed the Shah and sent him into exile in February 1953. The troops took control of the oil infrastructure facilities in the country.

    Read more: Oil and politics - News - Politics - Russian Radio

    A referendum to dissolve parliament and give the prime minister power to make law was submitted to voters, and it passed with 99 percent approval, 2,043,300 votes to 1300 votes against.[56] According to Mark J. Gasiorowski, "There were separate polling stations for yes and no votes, producing sharp criticism of Mosaddeq" and that the "controversial referendum...gave the CIA's precoup propaganda campaign an easy target". On or around 16 August, Parliament was suspended indefinitely, and Mosaddeq's emergency powers were extended.

    Mohammad Mosaddegh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    https://books.google.com/books?id=7n...ssadeq&f=false

    Mossadeq was aware of the plots around him and called a referendum which returned a highly suspicious 99.9% vote in favour of dissolving parliament and granting him emergency powers. Mohammad Reza demanded that Mossadeq step down and when the beleaguered prime minister refused, the Shah left the country, anticipating trouble.

    The Pahlavis & The Last Shah of Iran | IranVisitor - Travel Guide To Iran

    Facts are stubborn things!
    You mean news articles years later trying to vilify a country?

    Let me know when you have something substantial.

    Here is a nice timeline and there is no mention of this "referendum".

    Timeline of Iranian Coup

    All the dates of the articles are from 1953, not 2008+.

    Stop the revisionist history please.
    "Love is a passion for life shared with another person."

    "How do you know the good memories from the bad, if you only have good ones."

  6. #126
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    05-05-15 @ 06:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    632

    Re: Putin warns Israel against selling arms to Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicci View Post
    You mean news articles years later trying to vilify a country?
    Ya like the Iranian tourism website article?


    Let me know when you have something substantial.

    Here is a nice timeline and there is no mention of this "referendum".

    Timeline of Iranian Coup

    All the dates of the articles are from 1953, not 2008+.

    Stop the revisionist history please.
    lol, either you're illiterate or don't bother to read, from your own damn link:

    Aug. 4, 1953
    • Mossadegh, suspecting that British and American governments were plotting against him, holds a referendum calling for the Iranian parliament to be dissolved......

    http://partners.nytimes.com/library/...-timeline.html

    And from the NYT's article contained in that link:


    August 21, 1953

    Mossadegh Quits Teheran Hideout; Is Held for Trial



    Dr. Mossadegh, who had eliminated all means of an orderly change in government and achieved dictatorial powers before his overthrow......


    Mossadegh Quits Teheran Hideout; Is Held for Trial

    The only one posting revisionist history is YOU, I am posting incontrovertible historical fact, Mossadeq held a national referendum to dissolve parliament in which he garnered a laughable 99.9% yay vote after which he granted himself the power to make law by extending his emergency powers indefinitely, some beacon of democracy you have there.
    Last edited by face, your; 04-21-15 at 02:16 PM.

  7. #127
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    17,880

    Re: Putin warns Israel against selling arms to Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by face, your View Post
    Yes you've been spouting nothing but pure propaganda and you can't contest the incontrovertible facts that I have presented. Tell me which part of my post is false. I'll be waiting with baited breath.
    The whole thing is false, pure propaganda, and an effort to rewrite history in accordance with the US perspective.

  8. #128
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    05-05-15 @ 06:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    632

    Re: Putin warns Israel against selling arms to Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    The whole thing is false, pure propaganda, and an effort to rewrite history in accordance with the US perspective.
    Yeah, you don't have a clue what you're talking about, get educated:

    Mosaddeq did come to power legitimately — the Shah had appointed him prime minister in 1951 under the country’s constitutional monarchy — but his continuance in power was anything but. To win re-election in 1952, Mosaddeq stopped the counting of votes midway, after most of the urban vote was in — Mosaddeq’s power base was in the cities — and before the rural votes could be counted. This “secular democrat,” as Argo describes him, then suspended parliament and ruled by emergency power, decreeing sweeping land reforms that expropriated the rural land owners and established a system of collective farming under government land ownership. To deal with objectors, Mosaddeq relied on goon squads from the Iranian Communist party.

    By 1953 his popularity was tanking — his nationalization of the oil industry, though initially popular, led to an economically ruinous international boycott that cost him support with the public and splintered his National Front party, a sprawling coalition of socialists, nationalists, workers and clergy. Looming nationalizations in transportation and communications and attempts to control food production further polarized society, with many fearing Iran would come to resemble the neighbouring Soviet Union, where an atheistic state controlled the economy and society. The final straw was a referendum Mosaddeq called to dissolve parliament, which he won with 99.9% of the vote — those who might want to vote “no” had to use separate ballot boxes, sometimes in different polling places, where voters had to provide their names, addresses, and their identity cards. Within 10 days of the referendum, the people took to the streets and Mosaddeq was deposed.


    Lawrence Solomon: Argo perpetuates myth of CIA coup | Financial Post

    In 1951, Prime Minister of Iran, the leader of the Social Democratic People's Front, Mohammad Mossadegh decided to nationalize Iran's oil industry, which was controlled by the Anglo-Iranian Oil Company (later - British Petroleum). British attempts to exert "influence" on Mossadegh through Shah Mohammad Reza Pahlavi failed. Mossadegh held a referendum in which he secured 99.9% of the votes, assumed emergency powers, took over the command of the armed forces. And, in the end, deposed the Shah and sent him into exile in February 1953. The troops took control of the oil infrastructure facilities in the country.

    Read more: Oil and politics - News - Politics - Russian Radio

    A referendum to dissolve parliament and give the prime minister power to make law was submitted to voters, and it passed with 99 percent approval, 2,043,300 votes to 1300 votes against.[56] According to Mark J. Gasiorowski, "There were separate polling stations for yes and no votes, producing sharp criticism of Mosaddeq" and that the "controversial referendum...gave the CIA's precoup propaganda campaign an easy target". On or around 16 August, Parliament was suspended indefinitely, and Mosaddeq's emergency powers were extended.

    Mohammad Mosaddegh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    https://books.google.com/books?id=7n...ssadeq&f=false

    Mossadeq was aware of the plots around him and called a referendum which returned a highly suspicious 99.9% vote in favour of dissolving parliament and granting him emergency powers. Mohammad Reza demanded that Mossadeq step down and when the beleaguered prime minister refused, the Shah left the country, anticipating trouble.

    The Pahlavis & The Last Shah of Iran | IranVisitor - Travel Guide To Iran

    Facts are stubborn things!

  9. #129
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Putin warns Israel against selling arms to Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by Simpleχity View Post
    No NATO missile systems are in Denmark yet. But Russia has already placed nuclear-capable Iskander missiles in Kaliningrad ... which borders two NATO nations.

    You always conveniently ignore that fact.
    All nations are hypocritical, though you always seem to ignore that fact.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  10. #130
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Putin warns Israel against selling arms to Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by Simpleχity View Post
    Bad things happen when you hold embassy personnel hostage for 444 days.
    That was the culmination of Iranian angst over what the CIA did to their country twenty five years earlier, that you seek to diminish.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •