Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 188

Thread: Putin warns Israel against selling arms to Ukraine

  1. #91
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,998

    Re: Putin warns Israel against selling arms to Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicci View Post
    We over threw the democratically elected leader as is quoted below. Which when you mess with someone's government they are bound to not like yours. If you think we did nothing, then history has truly been re-visioned. We are the only ones to blame for the hatred we get and helped foster during our attempt to be an imperial power. The British learned their lesson the hard way and now we are learning ours. It is time to say, its over and done with and leave them alone. Not only for our sakes but also for theirs. The more we interfere the worse it is going to get and if you can't see it, just look at the Iraq vs Iran war that we helped cause. (USSR isn't without blame either) but when we help install a hated government and then blame the people because of our short sightedness.
    The Shah era has ended over 36 years ago, and your words carry no relevancy whatsoever to present time or to your argument that the present day Iranian government is not engaging in terrorism or even to your claim that the radicals were imposed by the US. Refer to these arguments that you've made.

    They were happy to fight amongst themselves for thousands of years, and it is our interference that has caused them to turn towards the west. Time to let them go back to that.
    No it's not. It's their agenda that caused them to turn towards the West. You don't see the Indian government managing terror proxies and ordering them to hit Western targets in revenge for the British colonialism era. Don't be absurd.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  2. #92
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    13,256

    Re: Putin warns Israel against selling arms to Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    No, we're saying that your characterization of it as an "invasion" is false. And that's been hammered out endlessly in dozens of threads for a year and a half, so don't ask again. Go back and read.
    Are you saying the Russian invasion isn't aggression?

  3. #93
    Student Nicci's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Seattle
    Last Seen
    03-16-16 @ 06:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    230

    Re: Putin warns Israel against selling arms to Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    The Shah era has ended over 36 years ago, and your words carry no relevancy whatsoever to present time or to your argument that the present day Iranian government is not engaging in terrorism or even to your claim that the radicals were imposed by the US. Refer to these arguments that you've made.
    Yes, it was 36 years ago, less than a generation and of course they are going to be pissed. We fought a second war with the British less than a generation after our War of Independence. All because we didn't want them meddling with our government, again. Its like we are ignoring the lessons history has taught us and going into someone else's country and messing with their government. Our only option is to literally say, "Hey remember a few decades ago when we messed with your government, yeah sorry about that. We'll butt out now." Then we reestablish trade relations and show them we are not someone to hate. It worked for the USSR, will work for Cuba, worked for East Germany and etc. Failing to do this will just result in more hate towards us.

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    No it's not. It's their agenda that caused them to turn towards the West. You don't see the Indian government managing terror proxies and ordering them to hit Western targets in revenge for the British colonialism era. Don't be absurd.
    Bull****, there were plenty of terrorist attacks against the British during their rule of India. Don't pretend there wasn't, I did a quick search to help you out.


    Chauri Chaura - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Bhagat Singh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Kakori conspiracy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    There are plenty more prior to Ghandi demanding peaceful protests.
    "Love is a passion for life shared with another person."

    "How do you know the good memories from the bad, if you only have good ones."

  4. #94
    Professor
    kjwins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Last Seen
    07-01-17 @ 01:15 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,898

    Re: Putin warns Israel against selling arms to Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by Simpleχity View Post
    Putin warns Israel against selling arms to Ukraine


    Well now. Vlad has had no qualms about supplying lethal arms to the pro-Russia rebels in eastern Ukraine which has resulted in well over 6,000 dead and over 1,000,000 displaced.

    Considering also that Putin is beginning to supply Israel arch-foe Iran with high-tech weapons systems ... the pinnacle of audacity and hypocrisy.
    As he should. Its no different than the US warning Brazil to not sell arms to Mexico if they were fighting a war on our border.

    As for 6000 dead, was it not Kiev that was attacking the pro-Russia rebels.

    Were did the 1,000,000 displaced go. They went to Russia, were they got food & shelter.
    A drug is not bad. A drug is a chemical compound. The problem comes in when people who take drugs treat them like a license to behave like an asshole. People do drugs because reality sucks, If you want people to stop doing drugs change reality.
    ― Frank Zappa

  5. #95
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,998

    Re: Putin warns Israel against selling arms to Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicci View Post
    Yes, it was 36 years ago, less than a generation
    Just to be precise a generation is less than 36 years, not over 36.
    A generation as a quantity of time is the average amount of years a person lives before having his first offspring.

    and of course they are going to be pissed. We fought a second war with the British less than a generation after our War of Independence. All because we didn't want them meddling with our government, again. Its like we are ignoring the lessons history has taught us and going into someone else's country and messing with their government. Our only option is to literally say, "Hey remember a few decades ago when we messed with your government, yeah sorry about that. We'll butt out now." Then we reestablish trade relations and show them we are not someone to hate. It worked for the USSR, will work for Cuba, worked for East Germany and etc. Failing to do this will just result in more hate towards us.
    So, using that logic, do you believe the world should invade present Germany and tear it to the ground due to the crimes it had committed against the world during WWII? Should the world sponsor and direct terror attacks that target German citizens in Germany and abroad? Seriously? Why do you insist on justifying the actions of the Iranian regime?

    Bull****, there were plenty of terrorist attacks against the British during their rule of India. Don't pretend there wasn't, I did a quick search to help you out.
    Now you're just presenting poor reading comprehension skills.

    I referred to Indian acts of terror sponsored by the Indian government against British officials in the present era, not during the time India was colonized, since we're comparing this to the acts of terror taken against the West by Iran in this era, more than 36 years after the Shah era had ended.

    Hopefully that makes it easier to understand although I find my original statement to be a very basic one and your lack of understanding of it to be confusing.

    If you want to prove your point you will thus have to show how the Indian government is sponsoring terror attacks against the United Kingdom or the West in the present era. Since you can't do that, your point is obviously nonexistent.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  6. #96
    Student Nicci's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Seattle
    Last Seen
    03-16-16 @ 06:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    230

    Re: Putin warns Israel against selling arms to Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Just to be precise a generation is less than 36 years, not over 36.
    A generation as a quantity of time is the average amount of years a person lives before having his first offspring.

    So, using that logic, do you believe the world should invade present Germany and tear it to the ground due to the crimes it had committed against the world during WWII? Should the world sponsor and direct terror attacks that target German citizens in Germany and abroad? Seriously? Why do you insist on justifying the actions of the Iranian regime?
    We did, during WW2 we invaded and tore it to the ground. It was pretty successful if you recall as their major industries were heavily crippled. Granted a lot of them were producing weapons but we did exactly what you described for that generation. You might recall the Marshall plan? I'd suggest reading up on that one. It is exactly as you described. It doesn't need to be done today because Germany stopped what it was doing after we dismantled it.

    It's almost as if you don't want to take responsibility for our actions that are causing the problems in the Middle East. We have been the cause of their problems since the end of WW2. We haven't helped them other for our own ends and continue to do so. By placing extra trading restrictions, embargos, and other requirements that we do not require of say Germany or Japan.



    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse;1064547024
    Now you're just presenting poor reading comprehension skills.

    I referred to Indian acts of terror sponsored by the Indian government against British officials [B
    in the present era[/B], not during the time India was colonized, since we're comparing this to the acts of terror taken against the West by Iran in this era, more than 36 years after the Shah era had ended.

    Hopefully that makes it easier to understand although I find my original statement to be a very basic one and your lack of understanding of it to be confusing.

    If you want to prove your point you will thus have to show how the Indian government is sponsoring terror attacks against the United Kingdom or the West in the present era. Since you can't do that, your point is obviously nonexistent.
    You understand India is no longer controlled by the UK any more? They haven't been for nearly ~70 years (1947 fyi).

    Pick a more modern example if you want to compare it to Iran, except we are still influencing their government because of what we caused originally.

    Don't be willfully ignorant of what we are still doing to the country and try to compare it to something that was resolved.

    We haven't completely taken over Iran like the UK did with India, but we need to leave them alone. Just like the British did back in 1947, and look at that no terrorist acts against the UK.
    "Love is a passion for life shared with another person."

    "How do you know the good memories from the bad, if you only have good ones."

  7. #97
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,998

    Re: Putin warns Israel against selling arms to Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicci View Post
    We did, during WW2 we invaded and tore it to the ground.
    Are you being deliberately obtuse?
    We're talking about Iranian actions more than 36 years after the Shah era had ended, since you're the one who is justifying these actions with the historical occurrence that is the Shah regime and how the US put it into power over 36 years ago. Why then are you referring to the deeds occurring during WWII when you should be referring to a timeline long after the war has ended?

    Unless the US and the allies had committed terrorism against German citizens 37 years after 1945, the end year of WWII, you - and it's getting usual now - have no point. Why? Because Iran is committing these acts of terror more than 36 years after the Shah era had ended.

    You understand India is no longer controlled by the UK any more? They haven't been for nearly ~70 years (1947 fyi). Pick a more modern example if you want to compare it to Iran, except we are still influencing their government because of what we caused originally.
    Which is precisely the point here. Iran is no longer under a Shah rule. They haven't been for nearly ~37 years(1979 fyi). So the Shah rule is irrelevant to the current Iranian policy to commit widespread terrorism around the globe. What, exactly, are you not getting here?

    Don't be willfully ignorant of what we are still doing to the country and try to compare it to something that was resolved.
    And what might that be?

    We haven't completely taken over Iran like the UK did with India, but we need to leave them alone. Just like the British did back in 1947, and look at that no terrorist acts against the UK.
    That's the crazy thing here - that you believe the reason there is no terrorism in India's case directed against the West while there is in Iran's case is, ridiculously enough, also the West's fault. That's absurd.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  8. #98
    Sic et Non


    Rogue Valley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:01 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,830

    Re: Putin warns Israel against selling arms to Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by kjwins View Post
    As he should. Its no different than the US warning Brazil to not sell arms to Mexico if they were fighting a war on our border.
    Putin has no right to lecture anyone about arms sales. Russian weapons have devastated Syria.

    Quote Originally Posted by kjwins View Post
    As for 6000 dead, was it not Kiev that was attacking the pro-Russia rebels.
    It would have been a simple police action had Putin not sent Russian forces and arms into eastern Ukraine.

    Quote Originally Posted by kjwins View Post
    Were did the 1,000,000 displaced go. They went to Russia, were they got food & shelter.
    Many went to Russia because it's less than an hour drive away and Ukraine wasn't invading Russia.


    Do not believe anything until the Kremlin denies it

  9. #99
    The Expert
    JP Cusick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Hollywood, MD. USA, 20636
    Last Seen
    04-22-15 @ 02:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,240

    Re: Putin warns Israel against selling arms to Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by Simpleχity View Post
    And it seems that you've forgotten that over one million Jews fled the USSR at the first opportunity.
    It is hardly "fled or flee" when the Jews wanted to move to the Jewish State, so that was moving from Russia to the stolen land of Palestine.

    And apparently you forget that the founders of the USSR as in Marx and Lennon and many more were all Jewish.

    BUT NONE OF THAT has anything to do with the Jews refusing to participate with Russia over defeating Nazi Germany.

    The Jewish State is being forgetful of their own history, along with being ungrateful to their own huge liberator of Russia.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++
    SIGNATURE: JP Cusick
    Mr. Know-it-all, sir.

  10. #100
    Student Nicci's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Seattle
    Last Seen
    03-16-16 @ 06:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    230

    Re: Putin warns Israel against selling arms to Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Are you being deliberately obtuse?
    We're talking about Iranian actions more than 36 years after the Shah era had ended, since you're the one who is justifying these actions with the historical occurrence that is the Shah regime and how the US put it into power over 36 years ago. Why then are you referring to the deeds occurring during WWII when you should be referring to a timeline long after the war has ended?
    Yes, the Shah era has ended but who put the Shah in power against popular opinion, that would be us. Then we punish the people of the country by not liking the government we put in power and the one after it the people elected themselves by placing them on a terror list because "they talked to those dirty Commies (USSR)". Do you not see the hypocrisy of that?

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Unless the US and the allies had committed terrorism against German citizens 37 years after 1945, the end year of WWII, you - and it's getting usual now - have no point. Why? Because Iran is committing these acts of terror more than 36 years after the Shah era had ended.
    Iran is still being punished by us 36 years later after we set up their government.


    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Which is precisely the point here. Iran is no longer under a Shah rule. They haven't been for nearly ~37 years(1979 fyi). So the Shah rule is irrelevant to the current Iranian policy to commit widespread terrorism around the globe. What, exactly, are you not getting here?
    Not really, its pretty relevant as their country is being punished by us for its government, that we helped set up. (Remember had we not set up the Shah rule, they might not be in the same predicament they are now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    That's the crazy thing here - that you believe the reason there is no terrorism in India's case directed against the West while there is in Iran's case is, ridiculously enough, also the West's fault. That's absurd.
    That is because the UK hit it and quit it. Just like we should have done a long time ago. We haven't.
    "Love is a passion for life shared with another person."

    "How do you know the good memories from the bad, if you only have good ones."

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •