Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 504

Thread: Game Hunter Trampled To Death By Elephant

  1. #61
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Game Hunter Trampled To Death By Elephant

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    I said I feel sad for his family and the loss they have suffered, but not for him. He took a risk and it cost him his life, sorry, but them's the breaks.
    Those are the breaks, indeed, but it's still as I stated. Feeling noting for the loss of human life is a bit sick, IMO.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  2. #62
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 07:21 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,276

    Re: Game Hunter Trampled To Death By Elephant

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    So you don't eat meat or wear leather. anti hunters are pretty disgusting hypocrites in my book and again, its almost always the province of the far left.
    I haven't eaten any elephant or giraffe lately nor have I used their skins. I seriously doubt that our deceased hunter was just about to either

  3. #63
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Game Hunter Trampled To Death By Elephant

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Those are the breaks, indeed, but it's still as I stated. Feeling noting for the loss of human life is a bit sick, IMO.
    You know those people who watch WWII documentaries and cheer when the Nazis get killed?

    I'm one of those people.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  4. #64
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Game Hunter Trampled To Death By Elephant

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    You know those people who watch WWII documentaries and cheer when the Nazis get killed?

    I'm one of those people.
    War is a sad state, sometimes inevitable, but sad none the less. We should fell bad when forced to take life and strive to find ways in which we can build a better future wherein we don't need to take the lives of others.

    That being said, this case isn't human v human, it's human v animal and human life has more weight than that of other animals.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  5. #65
    Sage
    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    12-11-17 @ 01:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    14,014

    Re: Game Hunter Trampled To Death By Elephant

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Those are the breaks, indeed, but it's still as I stated. Feeling noting for the loss of human life is a bit sick, IMO.
    I think it is sick to kill majestic animals like the elephant for no good reason whatsoever. If you engage in the act of killing these animals and you get killed then sorry, but I do not feel sorry for him. I hate that he ended up in such a horrendous manner but that does not mean I have to feel bad for him being dead, just about the manner of how he died.
    Former military man (and now babysitter of Donald Trump) John Kelly, is a big loud lying empty barrel!

  6. #66
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Game Hunter Trampled To Death By Elephant

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    I think it is sick to kill majestic animals like the elephant for no good reason whatsoever. If you engage in the act of killing these animals and you get killed then sorry, but I do not feel sorry for him. I hate that he ended up in such a horrendous manner but that does not mean I have to feel bad for him being dead, just about the manner of how he died.
    You don't have to have any empathy for others, never said you did. It's just that lack of empathy isn't necessarily something I'd say is a good thing.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  7. #67
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Game Hunter Trampled To Death By Elephant

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    War is a sad state, sometimes inevitable, but sad none the less. We should fell bad when forced to take life and strive to find ways in which we can build a better future wherein we don't need to take the lives of others.
    My point wasn't so much about war, which is sad, but that there are people who deserve to die so there's no need to mourn every death.

    However, this doesn't mean this hunter deserved to die. It's just that different people will be affected by it in different ways due to their beliefs.

    That being said, this case isn't human v human, it's human v animal and human life has more weight than that of other animals.
    And some people have a less anthropocentric view than you do. You may think less of them for it. I suspect they do the same wrt to your beliefs.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  8. #68
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 07:21 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,276

    Re: Game Hunter Trampled To Death By Elephant

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    You don't have to have any empathy for others, never said you did. It's just that lack of empathy isn't necessarily something I'd say is a good thing.
    There's another way to look at it too. How many magnificent African wild animals will now be alive in the future that otherwise wouldn't had this guy not been killed ?

  9. #69
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Game Hunter Trampled To Death By Elephant

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    My point wasn't so much about war, which is sad, but that there are people who deserve to die so there's no need to mourn every death.

    However, this doesn't mean this hunter deserved to die. It's just that different people will be affected by it in different ways due to their beliefs.
    I'm not sure who deserves death or not, I'm not god so I can't say. There are situations where you must protect your own life, and that may entail the use of lethal force. But it's still not a good thing to kill other humans. We should feel bad, even when justified, because human life has value.

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    And some people have a less anthropocentric view than you do. You may think less of them for it. I suspect they do the same wrt to your beliefs.
    That's fine, I'm just stating my opinion. Other people get to make posts such as "hahahah, serves him right, go elephant", and I get to express my own opinions as well. Of which include that cheering the death of a human is a bit sick.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  10. #70
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Game Hunter Trampled To Death By Elephant

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    There's another way to look at it too. How many magnificent African wild animals will now be alive in the future that otherwise wouldn't had this guy not been killed ?
    It depends on what they were hunting, the biology of the creature (such as age, health, etc.) and the effects it has on that local population. You may find that with proper population management, you can end up with more animals on an absolute scale than you would have otherwise.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •