Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 470 of 504

Thread: Game Hunter Trampled To Death By Elephant

  1. #461
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    53,842

    Re: Game Hunter Trampled To Death By Elephant

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    Conservation my back side. To give just and example of that hypocrisy. The auction of black Rhino kills last year

    Despite the Dallas Safari Clubs 's effort to pass off the rhino auction as a conservation initiative, they have since hinted that they will withdraw their conservation funding pledge if they are denied a permit to bring the trophy from the hunt back to the U.S., thereby stripping away the conservation rhetoric and showing it to be merely the blood-sport safari that most people suspected it always was.


    Stop senseless trophy hunting | IFAW - International Fund for Animal Welfare
    Another propaganda OPINION article. Where's the data? Where's the statistic? Where's the measurement? Anyone can write an opinion piece and not back anything up. I gave you a study citing scientific, peer-reviewed journal. Where's your proof of any of these accusations? You don't have it, you have nothing from peer-reviewed sources. I swear, I don't understand anti-science religious folk, and I hope I never do.

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    Threatening the tens of billions of tourist dollars so that a few cowards can decimate rare African wildlife even further in order to massage their ego's is not a good way to go for either the animals or the countries involved
    HOW? How is it threatening this? I've asked you several times now, and all you can do is dodge. How is it "decimating rare African wildlife"? Where are your numbers? Where is your proof? Where is the evidence? I don't want your tired propaganda, I don't want any more of your continual intellectually dishonest posts and argument. I want the MEASUREMENT. Produce the numbers, cite scientific journal. I did, can you?

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    I'm calling for the banning of the disgusting practice trophy hunting in Africa
    What you said was:

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    No it was about a trophy hunter being killed by an elephant in Africa. What a pity it wasn't this one
    Wishing for the death of another human being because they partake in an activity you disagree from is immoral and sick. Furthermore, article after article, statistic and measurement showing that these big trophy hunts feed the poor, bring in millions of dollars to conservation movements, help protect the herds, help expand the land the preserves can operate have been listed and you have not once been successful in combating that. You can only list opinion pieces to justify your bloodlust against human beings.

    What a depraved position to take.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  2. #462
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:31 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,995

    Re: Game Hunter Trampled To Death By Elephant

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Another propaganda OPINION article. Where's the data? Where's the statistic? Where's the measurement? Anyone can write an opinion piece and not back anything up. I gave you a study citing scientific, peer-reviewed journal. Where's your proof of any of these accusations? You don't have it, you have nothing from peer-reviewed sources. I swear, I don't understand anti-science religious folk, and I hope I never do.
    I take it that you haven't ever heard of organisations like the WWF etc. Which species would you like to talk about ?

    Banding together to ban trophy hunting | IFAW - International Fund for Animal Welfare

    Countries worldwide are noticing the detrimental effects trophy hunting has on already decimated wildlife populations.

    Last month, Zambia’s Minister of Tourism and Arts, Sylvia T. Masebo, announced that specific hunting licenses would be suspended as they had “been abused to the extent they threatened animal populations.”

    Now, the response of the Zambian government is escalating.

    This week the government took the necessary action to ban lion and leopard hunting, citing that populations have abruptly declined in recent years.

    Botswana has a similar stance. In this nation, a country-wide ban on sport hunting will begin on January 1, 2014.

    As President Ian Khama noted, “The shooting of wild game for sport and trophies is no longer compatible with our commitment to preserve local fauna.”


    HOW? How is it threatening this? I've asked you several times now, and all you can do is dodge.
    Because if the animals are dead the tourists wont come ! . Why do you need dragged kicking and screaming towards a recognition of the obvious ?

    How is it "decimating rare African wildlife"?
    Because I can count

    Where are your numbers? Where is your proof?
    Lion numbers 1965 around 120,000 today at most 32,000
    Rhinos all species 1900 around 500,000 today 29,000
    Shall I continue ....

    Where is the evidence? I don't want your tired propaganda, I don't want any more of your continual intellectually dishonest posts and argument. I want the MEASUREMENT. Produce the numbers, cite scientific journal. I did, can you?
    I just cited statements by both Zambian and Botswanan governments to that effect

    Wishing for the death of another human being because they partake in an activity you disagree from is immoral and sick.
    Perhaps I just don't like sick human beings

    Furthermore, article after article, statistic and measurement showing that these big trophy hunts feed the poor, bring in millions of dollars to conservation movements, help protect the herds, help expand the land the preserves can operate have been listed and you have not once been successful in combating that. You can only list opinion pieces to justify your bloodlust against human beings.
    Of course its bloodlust otherwise why would anyone want to do it in the first place. Kenya has had an outright trophy hunting ban since 1977 and its wildlife tourism is thriving to the tune of almost a billion dollars per annum
    Last edited by flogger; 04-24-15 at 02:54 PM.

  3. #463
    cynical class clown
    Luftwaffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    CONNECTICUT
    Last Seen
    02-14-17 @ 08:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    10,352

    Re: Game Hunter Trampled To Death By Elephant

    Quote Originally Posted by Dovkan View Post
    Game Hunter Ian Gibson Trampled To Death By Elephant
    I hope the elephant is doing well.
    Yes he is probably doing well. Meanwhile the bones of his brothers are all around him. Its a beautiful scene.
    -----MOS 19D = cavalry scout = best damn MOS there is

  4. #464
    cynical class clown
    Luftwaffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    CONNECTICUT
    Last Seen
    02-14-17 @ 08:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    10,352

    Re: Game Hunter Trampled To Death By Elephant

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    You know those people who watch WWII documentaries and cheer when the Nazis get killed?

    I'm one of those people.
    Watching Hitler smile and then hearing the words "committed suicide in his underground bunker" is almost orgasmic.
    -----MOS 19D = cavalry scout = best damn MOS there is

  5. #465
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:31 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,995

    Re: Game Hunter Trampled To Death By Elephant

    Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe View Post
    Watching Hitler smile and then hearing the words "committed suicide in his underground bunker" is almost orgasmic.
    I'd have been even happier to see what the Soviets would have done to him if they caught him

  6. #466
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    53,842

    Re: Game Hunter Trampled To Death By Elephant

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    I take it that you haven't ever heard of organisations like the WWF etc. Which species would you like to talk about ?

    Banding together to ban trophy hunting | IFAW - International Fund for Animal Welfare

    Countries worldwide are noticing the detrimental effects trophy hunting has on already decimated wildlife populations.

    Last month, Zambia’s Minister of Tourism and Arts, Sylvia T. Masebo, announced that specific hunting licenses would be suspended as they had “been abused to the extent they threatened animal populations.”

    Now, the response of the Zambian government is escalating.

    This week the government took the necessary action to ban lion and leopard hunting, citing that populations have abruptly declined in recent years.

    Botswana has a similar stance. In this nation, a country-wide ban on sport hunting will begin on January 1, 2014.

    As President Ian Khama noted, “The shooting of wild game for sport and trophies is no longer compatible with our commitment to preserve local fauna.”




    Because if the animals are dead the tourists wont come ! . Why do you need dragged kicking and screaming towards a recognition of the obvious ?



    Because I can count



    Lion numbers 1965 around 120,000 today at most 32,000
    Rhinos all species 1900 around 500,000 today 29,000
    Shall I continue ....



    I just cited statements by both Zambian and Botswanan governments to that effect



    Perhaps I just don't like sick human beings



    Of course its bloodlust otherwise why would anyone want to do it in the first place. Kenya has had an outright trophy hunting ban since 1977 and its wildlife tourism is thriving to the tune of almost a billion dollars per annum
    The animals are not all dead. That's what you seem to be missing. While it is certain that, given the amount of money these hunts bring in, that there is potential for abuse, there is no doubt that these hunts bring in many funds to preserves. In fact, Zimbabwe has to sell elephants to foreign zoos to make up for the short fall caused by their ban

    Zimbabwe plans to sell young elephants – to compensate for funds lost from ban on trophy hunters - Telegraph

    But I'm sure the elephant trade is all great for you. I mean, tourists love to see those animals....oh wait, they'll be in other country's zoos. I'm sure they'll be treated OK.

    In December Pierce Brosnan, a long-standing campaigner for animal rights, criticised the "gruesome" announcement that 36 baby elephants had been taken from their mothers and were awaiting shipment "to the UAE and possibly China".
    "A number of baby elephants died in China the last time we exported there. I suppose export is the best of two evils.
    Also while you say

    Lion numbers 1965 around 120,000 today at most 32,000
    Rhinos all species 1900 around 500,000 today 29,000
    Shall I continue ....

    Yes, continue. Show that drop is due to these licensed, regulated hunts and not poachers. Again, show the measurement, show the data, cite peer-reviewed scientific journal. Hell, you have things from the early 1900's, but the restrictions on hunting and these regulated hunts didn't exist back then. It doesn't demonstrate that these hunts had an impact, it doesn't demonstrate that these hunts cannot be conducted within conservation guidelines.

    And a human that wishes for the death of other humans merely because of the legal hobby they engage in IS a sick human.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  7. #467
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:31 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,995

    Re: Game Hunter Trampled To Death By Elephant

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    The animals are not all dead. That's what you seem to be missing. While it is certain that, given the amount of money these hunts bring in, that there is potential for abuse, there is no doubt that these hunts bring in many funds to preserves.
    You keep trying to ascribe altruistic motive to a disgusting 'hobby'. As I've said before if altruism and conservation were really their motives they can send a cheque to pay for extra veterinarians and anti poaching game wardens. A darned sight more animals would then still be alive. I really don't buy this argument that killing them saves them. It sounds a bit like the US policy during the Vietnam war and that was bogus too. Its a pretty feeble excuse in order to kill for fun.

    , Zimbabwe has to sell elephants to foreign zoos to make up for the short fall caused by their ban
    Zimbabwe is also one of the most corrupt regimes in Africa so its hardly a shining example of conservation or anything else for that matter.

    Yes, continue. Show that drop is due to these licensed, regulated hunts and not poachers. Again, show the measurement, show the data, cite peer-reviewed scientific journal.
    When a species is hanging on to survival by its fingernails you don't let people pay to jump up and down on its fingers

    Hell, you have things from the early 1900's, but the restrictions on hunting and these regulated hunts didn't exist back then. It doesn't demonstrate that these hunts had an impact, it doesn't demonstrate that these hunts cannot be conducted within conservation guidelines.
    So killing for fun in order to reduce the numbers still further is a good thing then ?

  8. #468
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    53,842

    Re: Game Hunter Trampled To Death By Elephant

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    You keep trying to ascribe altruistic motive to a disgusting 'hobby'. As I've said before if altruism and conservation were really their motives they can send a cheque to pay for extra veterinarians and anti poaching game wardens. A darned sight more animals would then still be alive. I really don't buy this argument that killing them saves them. It sounds a bit like the US policy during the Vietnam war and that was bogus too. Its a pretty feeble excuse in order to kill for fun.



    Zimbabwe is also one of the most corrupt regimes in Africa so its hardly a shining example of conservation or anything else for that matter.

    Also while you say

    Lion numbers 1965 around 120,000 today at most 32,000
    Rhinos all species 1900 around 500,000 today 29,000
    Shall I continue ....



    When a species is hanging on to survival by its fingernails you don't let people pay to jump up and down on its fingers



    So killing for fun in order to reduce the numbers still further is a good thing then ?
    If the animals you are hunting are past reproduction age, then yes, killing them will maintain herd health and will not impact the numbers of future generations.

    So here we have the sale Elephants to make up for the money lost by banning trophy hunting and that's a good thing apparently. Not only that, but the complete turnaround you have to do to your argument. You used Zimbabwe as an example of how trophy hunting hurts tourism, but when faced with the fact that they are losing money from the ban and have to sell elephants, you just claim that Zimbabwe is corrupt and not an example of conservation. So what is it? Is it invested enough in conservation that we can say its closing of trophy hunts was for the protection of animals and conservation, that the trophy hunts didn't contribute to it. Or is it corrupt and not a good example of conservation?

    And you still have no defense against the measured facts that these trophy hunts provide food for the poor, money for the preserve, aid in conservation efforts, and benefit the overall health of the animal population.

    You ain't sending no checks, so someone else has to. Maybe if you pulled your weight in this topic, other places wouldn't need to turn to trophy hunting.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  9. #469
    cynical class clown
    Luftwaffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    CONNECTICUT
    Last Seen
    02-14-17 @ 08:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    10,352

    Re: Game Hunter Trampled To Death By Elephant

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    I'd have been even happier to see what the Soviets would have done to him if they caught him
    Yeah but Stalin killed more people in a couple years than Hitler did in nearly a decade :/

    But yeah, that'd be one hell of a good show.
    -----MOS 19D = cavalry scout = best damn MOS there is

  10. #470
    Powered by diesel
    EMNofSeattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Grapeview, Washington
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,664

    Re: Game Hunter Trampled To Death By Elephant

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    I'd have been even happier to see what the Soviets would have done to him if they caught him
    Why do you think he killed himself?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    No one cares about your stupid hippy logic
    "Be careful of averages, the average person has one breast and one testicle"
    -Dixy Lee Ray

Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •