Page 44 of 51 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast
Results 431 to 440 of 504

Thread: Game Hunter Trampled To Death By Elephant

  1. #431
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    53,083

    Re: Game Hunter Trampled To Death By Elephant

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    If they are truly worried about conservation they can give their money to the various wildlife charities without killing anything. Ascribing altruistic motives to trophy hunters is laughable
    They give their money to conservation programs and facilities though. So already done.

    You're just upset that they hunt, even when the meat gets consumed and the hunting is in line with conservation. You have no rational objection, you just don't like it and you don't want to do anything about it other than wish for the death of humans who contribute more towards the conservation of African wildlife than you do.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  2. #432
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:56 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,063

    Re: Game Hunter Trampled To Death By Elephant

    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    The science.. which you keep ignoring shows that "sparing the animals".. has been shown to be ineffective.

    Hunting which includes the death of the animal is an extremely valuable management tool. You keep advocating for something the science overwhelmingly shows to be ineffective.
    So those trophy hunters just do it out of the goodness of their hearts because of their solid science and conservation ethics then ...... uh huh

    I've got a bridge I could sell you ....

  3. #433
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    53,083

    Re: Game Hunter Trampled To Death By Elephant

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    So those trophy hunters just do it out of the goodness of their hearts because of their solid science and conservation ethics then ...... uh huh

    I've got a bridge I could sell you ....
    They're doing more for conservation of African wildlife than you.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  4. #434
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    169,663

    Re: Game Hunter Trampled To Death By Elephant

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Do you want to be seen as credible? If so, then stop falsely accusing me. I'm most certainly not anti-hunter, though it makes it easier to advance your argument accusing me so. I've already told you I go to the deer woods every year, I also told you I kill a host of nuisance animals on my ranch, regularly. I also would point out that Texas is a model state when it comes to evidence that regulated hunting improves game numbers. The Texas Parks and Wildlife Dept. took a sluggish deer population and built the largest herd of any state, with good management.

    But the African elephant is unique, and it's under heavy pressure from illegal poaching which must be fixed before hunting can be effective.
    Horse poop

    you are in no position to claim that the hunting of elephant is improper.

    lets hunt poachers? I wonder what the bag limit should be or is there a bounty on them like coyotes?
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    Why would you not want to register your weapon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Celebrity View Post
    , as long as you can own one or fewer guns, your right to bear a firearm is not being infringed upon.

  5. #435
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    169,663

    Re: Game Hunter Trampled To Death By Elephant

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    Game Hunter Trampled To Death By Elephant

    Serves him right.
    Bambists tend to love animals while hating humans
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    Why would you not want to register your weapon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Celebrity View Post
    , as long as you can own one or fewer guns, your right to bear a firearm is not being infringed upon.

  6. #436
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:56 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,063

    Re: Game Hunter Trampled To Death By Elephant

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    They're doing more for conservation of African wildlife than you.
    Yes yes . And of course out of the goodness of their trophy hunting hearts they are only going over there to kill the wildlife for its own good and then feed the helpless starving locals with it .....

    Catch a whiff of what you are shovelling
    Last edited by flogger; 04-23-15 at 05:37 PM.

  7. #437
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    53,083

    Re: Game Hunter Trampled To Death By Elephant

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    Yes yes . And of course out of the goodness of their trophy hunting hearts they are only going over there to kill the wildlife for its own good and then feed the helpless starving locals with it .....

    Doesn't matter why they're going over there, just that they've contributed far more money and engaged in activities beyond your arguments here that serve conservation measures for African Wildlife. I mean, if they were stuck with your contributions, poachers would have killed most of those herds by now. Thankfully these hunters contribute significantly to the conservation of herds and species, so these preserves can continue to exist and have the staff necessary to protect the animals.

    How many starving villagers have you fed? It's easy to sit there from behind your keyboard denigrating these people and wishing for their deaths, but functionally they do far more towards conservation than you. Maybe it's time to get up from the keyboard, get out there and maybe do something, yes?
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  8. #438
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:56 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,063

    Re: Game Hunter Trampled To Death By Elephant

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Doesn't matter why they're going over there, just that they've contributed far more money and engaged in activities beyond your arguments here that serve conservation measures for African Wildlife. I mean, if they were stuck with your contributions, poachers would have killed most of those herds by now. Thankfully these hunters contribute significantly to the conservation of herds and species, so these preserves can continue to exist and have the staff necessary to protect the animals.

    How many starving villagers have you fed? It's easy to sit there from behind your keyboard denigrating these people and wishing for their deaths, but functionally they do far more towards conservation than you. Maybe it's time to get up from the keyboard, get out there and maybe do something, yes?
    They can send a cheque then which I'm sure would go a whole lot further.

  9. #439
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,542

    Re: Game Hunter Trampled To Death By Elephant

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    So those trophy hunters just do it out of the goodness of their hearts because of their solid science and conservation ethics then ...... uh huh

    I've got a bridge I could sell you ....
    Nope.. that's only one reason.. they also do it because hunting is an enjoyable and rewarding lifestyle. As I and others have said all along. So its a great lifestyle, its a lot of fun, and it helps the environment and habitat and provides excellent, healthy meat for my family and others.

    Whats not to like?..

  10. #440
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,542

    Re: Game Hunter Trampled To Death By Elephant

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    They can send a cheque then which I'm sure would go a whole lot further.
    Actually no it won't because hunting is a valuable management tool for herd management. Sorry sir.. but can't get around the facts.

Page 44 of 51 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •