Page 39 of 51 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 390 of 504

Thread: Game Hunter Trampled To Death By Elephant

  1. #381
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:19 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,119

    Re: Game Hunter Trampled To Death By Elephant

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    So your objection is the kill... yet you admit having others kill animals for your pleasure (your meals).
    See a bit of a problem there? A teeny-weeny contradiction? A hint of hypocrisy?
    I'm still waiting for your answer. I'm certainly not prepared to engage in your attempted deflection. This isn't about food

  2. #382
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    10-20-17 @ 07:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,049

    Re: Game Hunter Trampled To Death By Elephant

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    So your objection is the kill... yet you admit having others kill animals for your pleasure (your meals).


    See a bit of a problem there? A teeny-weeny contradiction? A hint of hypocrisy?
    No, it's religion. His is a crusade against things he doesn't like, and is so fervent about it that it excuses death wishes against human beings.

    I don't know, but it seems a lot like Westboro Baptist tactics to me.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  3. #383
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,597

    Re: Game Hunter Trampled To Death By Elephant

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    That's your rebuttal?

    You could say that about anything.

    'Crack cocaine? You haven't tried it, don't knock it.'

    'Murder? You haven't tried it, don't knock it.'


    Jump in right in the middle without reading what came before and make assumptions and inane posts why doncha? Because this thread could certainly use more nonsense.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  4. #384
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Game Hunter Trampled To Death By Elephant

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    So, flogger... have you prepared an answer for why it is okay for others to kill animals FOR you, so that you can have fun and enjoy a nice steak dinner with your mates...


    ... but it is someone wrong when others kill animals themselves (even when the animals are eaten)?
    It is wrong (imo)...that's why I don't eat anything I am not prepared to kill myself.

  5. #385
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:19 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,119

    Re: Game Hunter Trampled To Death By Elephant

    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    I choose the environmentally friendly way to feed my family... how about you?
    I choose not to engage in deflection.

  6. #386
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,597

    Re: Game Hunter Trampled To Death By Elephant

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    I'm still waiting for your answer. I'm certainly not prepared to engage in your attempted deflection. This isn't about food

    I answered. Now you answer.

    How is it okay for you to get others to do your killing for you, for your pleasure (eating nice meats), but it ISN'T okay for me to do my own killing for the same end?

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  7. #387
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:19 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,119

    Re: Game Hunter Trampled To Death By Elephant

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    No, it's religion. His is a crusade against things he doesn't like, and is so fervent about it that it excuses death wishes against human beings.

    I don't know, but it seems a lot like Westboro Baptist tactics to me.
    Do you play any other records because this ones got stuck

  8. #388
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,922

    Re: Game Hunter Trampled To Death By Elephant

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Yes, but folk keep bringing poaching into this, which isn't the topic of the thread, and I was pointing out, I'm already opposed to poaching, so it doesn't need to be pointed to as a problem. At any rate, the African elephant is under too much pressure from it to be hunting them "legally" right now.

    That's the point.. hunting legally reduces the pressure from poaching for a variety of reasons.

    You keep ignoring the evidence already presented to you. A ban on all hunting and poaching... fewer animals..

    Allow legal hunting.. animal numbers improve.

    that's the evidence. I already gave you the citations.

  9. #389
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    10-20-17 @ 07:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,049

    Re: Game Hunter Trampled To Death By Elephant

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    I'm still waiting for your answer. I'm certainly not prepared to engage in your attempted deflection. This isn't about food
    These animals are eaten, so it is. The money goes to the game preserves and to employ wardens and help protect against poachers, so it helps conservation efforts as well.

    Just because it makes your argument easier to say it's not about food or conservation, doesn't make it so.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  10. #390
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,922

    Re: Game Hunter Trampled To Death By Elephant

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    I choose not to engage in deflection.
    If by deflection, you mean you choose not to admit your hypocrisy. Go answer Goshin's question...

Page 39 of 51 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •