Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
Results 351 to 360 of 504

Thread: Game Hunter Trampled To Death By Elephant

  1. #351
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,843

    Re: Game Hunter Trampled To Death By Elephant

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    It all boils down to the fact that you think killing for fun is right and I think that is wrong on the most basic and fundamental of levels. Clearly we are never going to bridge that morality gap
    No.. it boils down to the fact that you have no idea what you are talking about. You have no understanding of hunting and continue to think its "all about killing".. when obviously.. objectively, its much more than that.

    I laugh at your "killing is for fun" quote... You really don't get it. You have no understanding that what you do for fun also kills animals. Just because you don't pull a trigger does not absolve you of their death or give you the moral high ground..

    I take responsibility for my role in the environment.. while you sir do not... and whats morally reprehensible is that you lambast the people like myself that hunt and take responsibility for improving habitat and the environment.

  2. #352
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Game Hunter Trampled To Death By Elephant

    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    Elephants are not special in the science behind saving them from extinction and the importance of the animal having a legitimate value through controlled hunting.. rather than indiscriminate poaching. That's what the science shows...

    Unfortunately... SD and others think that elephants are "special".. and are ignoring the facts, the realities, and the science.. .and that's why other African species have made comebacks.. while the African elephant and other "special" animals languish. Conservation methods and science including the judicial use of hunting have been proven for well over a hundred years... unfortunately.. facts and science are not in the anti hunter playbook.
    I'm opposed to poaching, and where rhinos and elephants are concerned, that's their chief pressure.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  3. #353
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:03 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,099

    Re: Game Hunter Trampled To Death By Elephant

    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    No.. I want the particulars around the rhino pictured and the hunt. "Her first kill".. means nothing...

    As when you posted a picture of her with a rhino and it was actually tranquilized.
    As you can see from the blood on the muzzle of her teen kill it wasn't tranquilized . In 1900 there were estimated to be around half a million Rhinos of all species roaming Africa. There are now some 29,000 left yet you guys see nothing wrong with killing some more for fun. I don't buy this conservationist BS either. If she wants to save animals she can be a vet or a game warden rather than a grinning thrill seeker killing for 'sport' . Live animals attract vastly more money into these regions via tourism than dead ones so the economic argument doesn't wash either

  4. #354
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,843

    Re: Game Hunter Trampled To Death By Elephant

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    And the fact that a child killing such animals for fun doesn't bother you at all speaks volumes.
    It does speak volumes.. it shows that he is a responsible father... who understands the responsibility that we all share for the environment and the animals that live in it.

  5. #355
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,536

    Re: Game Hunter Trampled To Death By Elephant

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    As you can see from the blood on the muzzle of her teen kill it wasn't tranquilized . In 1900 there were estimated to be around half a million Rhinos of all species roaming Africa. There are now some 29,000 left yet you guys see nothing wrong with killing some more for fun. I don't buy this conservationist BS either. If she wants to save animals she can be a vet or a game warden rather than a grinning thrill seeker killing for 'sport' . Live animals attract vastly more money into these regions via tourism than dead ones so the economic argument doesn't wash either


    Nobody said it was ALL about conservation, but in fact hunters are usually conservationists as WELL as hunters.

    You keep focusing myopically on one aspect at a time without seeing the whole.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  6. #356
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:03 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,099

    Re: Game Hunter Trampled To Death By Elephant

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    There are people who do that. They're called "wildlife photographers" not hunters.
    Given these photographers will use virtually identical skills to track down their targets do you concede that its the killing of these wild animals that is the primary motivation then ?

  7. #357
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,536

    Re: Game Hunter Trampled To Death By Elephant

    Flogger, do you eat meat?


    Then you too are an animal killer. You just hire it out to someone else to do the killing.

    Do you have a house? Drive a car or ride the bus? Work somewhere? Use electricity?

    Then you're taking up animal habitat space and indirectly killing animals.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  8. #358
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Game Hunter Trampled To Death By Elephant

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    yeah I am sure places like Botswana or the RSA really care what anti hunting americans think
    Do you want to be seen as credible? If so, then stop falsely accusing me. I'm most certainly not anti-hunter, though it makes it easier to advance your argument accusing me so. I've already told you I go to the deer woods every year, I also told you I kill a host of nuisance animals on my ranch, regularly. I also would point out that Texas is a model state when it comes to evidence that regulated hunting improves game numbers. The Texas Parks and Wildlife Dept. took a sluggish deer population and built the largest herd of any state, with good management.

    But the African elephant is unique, and it's under heavy pressure from illegal poaching which must be fixed before hunting can be effective.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  9. #359
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,536

    Re: Game Hunter Trampled To Death By Elephant

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    Given these photographers will use virtually identical skills to track down their targets do you concede that its the killing of these wild animals that is the primary motivation then ?

    Again, you focus on the killing. The kill is the culmination of the hunt, it is not the whole.

    But clearly you have no interest in seeing that.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  10. #360
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:03 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,099

    Re: Game Hunter Trampled To Death By Elephant

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    Flogger, do you eat meat?
    Yes and the animals I ate were not killed for fun

    .

Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •