Page 27 of 51 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 504

Thread: Game Hunter Trampled To Death By Elephant

  1. #261
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:40 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    17,592

    Re: Game Hunter Trampled To Death By Elephant

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    Was the OP about hunting Elk then ? No it was about a trophy hunter being killed by an elephant in Africa. What a pity it wasn't this one

    Attachment 67183487

    What is wrong with these people !
    Ohh the ignorance. I think you need to do a bit of research but I think that particular picture is of a rhino that was hunted and darted with a tranquilizer, and it was part of a large conservation effort to protect rhinos.

    However, to a larger question... the same processes for the reason for elk hunting and elk conversation are the same processes and reasons for elephant hunting, antelope hunting and other big game hunting in Africa. In fact.... its probably more of a factor since these countries rely on hunting by foreigners for their conservation dollars to protect and manage these animals and their habitat.

    So far.. all you have is emotion and a complete lack of facts.

  2. #262
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Game Hunter Trampled To Death By Elephant

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    Why do you hate pretty blond girls?
    It's Rebecca Francis, Ricky Gervais recently made headlines by making some long list of harassing tweets about her because she hunted. Despite the fact that most of that meat ended up being consumed by poor tribes people of the area.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  3. #263
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Last Seen
    08-02-17 @ 02:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,375

    Re: Game Hunter Trampled To Death By Elephant

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    Yeah I don't know. I don't have that kind of money that an African safari is in my future, but I have daydreamed about it once in a while.

    On the one hand, taking down an elephant, lion, tiger or hippo is appealing as a great hunting accomplishment. They're cunning, not easy to kill, and potentially very dangerous. Taking one would be quite a rush.

    OTOH the very reason that they ARE such magnificent animals would make me a little reluctant to actually kill one. Tigers especially... incredibly beautiful creatures.


    But the paintball idea wouldn't work on those guys... good way to piss them off and get killed.
    Thank you for the thoughtful response and honesty...I understand that "stinging" the animal with a paintball could be dangerous....

  4. #264
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Last Seen
    08-02-17 @ 02:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,375

    Re: Game Hunter Trampled To Death By Elephant

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    Why do you hate pretty blond girls?
    shes hot also.. quite a quandary for me : )

  5. #265
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 07:21 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,276

    Re: Game Hunter Trampled To Death By Elephant

    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    Ohh the ignorance. I think you need to do a bit of research but I think that particular picture is of a rhino that was hunted and darted with a tranquilizer, and it was part of a large conservation effort to protect rhinos.
    Nope. It was quite dead and she killed it. It wasn't her first either

    However, to a larger question... the same processes for the reason for elk hunting and elk conversation are the same processes and reasons for elephant hunting, antelope hunting and other big game hunting in Africa. In fact.... its probably more of a factor since these countries rely on hunting by foreigners for their conservation dollars to protect and manage these animals and their habitat.
    I don't believe for a moment that this persons motivation for shooting a very endangered Rhino had the slightest thing to do with conservation. Given her track record it just ticked another box and filled another gap in her wall

  6. #266
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:40 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    17,592

    Re: Game Hunter Trampled To Death By Elephant

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    Nope. It was quite dead and she killed it. It wasn't her first either



    I don't believe for a moment that this persons motivation for shooting a very endangered Rhino had the slightest thing to do with conservation. Given her track record it just ticked another box and filled another gap in her wall
    I would like a link please... hunting and killing a rhino would be exceedingly rare...

    Second of all..if it was done... it wasn't endangered in the region it was living.. and was part of a management policy.

    Again.. you have no answer for any of the logical points I have made... the end result is that hunting and hunters are valuable conservationists. Whether or not one particular individual does the right thing and helps conservation efforts because they want a trophy or because like most hunters they have a deeper understanding.. is immaterial. At the end of the day.. it is a boon to the environment and to species management.

    Your argument is like arguing that we should do away with charitable organizations because some people do it because they want their name on a building.

  7. #267
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 07:21 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,276

    Re: Game Hunter Trampled To Death By Elephant

    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    I would like a link please... hunting and killing a rhino would be exceedingly rare...
    "Jones says her first kill was a rare African white rhino, part of her quest to bag the Big 5 African game animals (rhino, elephant, Cape buffalo, leopard and lion)"


    Texas cheerleader who shared images of exotic animals she had killed 'has received a death threat from Real Housewives' Joanna Krupa' | Daily Mail Online

    Second of all..if it was done... it wasn't endangered in the region it was living.. and was part of a management policy.
    BS. There are far too few of these creatures left extant anywhere for their numbers to be an issue

    Again.. you have no answer for any of the logical points I have made... the end result is that hunting and hunters are valuable conservationists. Whether or not one particular individual does the right thing and helps conservation efforts because they want a trophy or because like most hunters they have a deeper understanding.. is immaterial. At the end of the day.. it is a boon to the environment and to species management.
    Dress it up anyway you like if it makes you feel better. Killing endangered Rhino's and Leopards has nothing whatsoever to do with conservation. Just the love of killing for fun in order to 'bag the big five' as she put it

    Sick
    Last edited by flogger; 04-22-15 at 03:28 PM.

  8. #268
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Game Hunter Trampled To Death By Elephant

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    "Jones says her first kill was a rare African white rhino, part of her quest to bag the Big 5 African game animals (rhino, elephant, Cape buffalo, leopard and lion)"
    Which us why she should die, yeah?

    So she wanted to hunt the big 5, it's legal. Plus legal hunting of the white rhino is extremely regulated to ensure proper and humane hunting practices.

    You don't like it, so you call it barbaric and you say things like too bad this girl wasn't the one killed, which is far more barbaric than regulated hunting practices.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  9. #269
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,085

    Re: Game Hunter Trampled To Death By Elephant

    Quote Originally Posted by Dovkan View Post
    Game Hunter Ian Gibson Trampled To Death By Elephant
    I hope the elephant is doing well.
    Did the game hunter have it coming or did the elephant fail to use restraint? Maybe its time to put body cams on the elephants. There is much to much of this and the public has the right to know what really happened.

  10. #270
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 07:21 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,276

    Re: Game Hunter Trampled To Death By Elephant

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Which us why she should die, yeah?

    So she wanted to hunt the big 5, it's legal. Plus legal hunting of the white rhino is extremely regulated to ensure proper and humane hunting practices.

    You don't like it, so you call it barbaric and you say things like too bad this girl wasn't the one killed, which is far more barbaric than regulated hunting practices.
    By all means continue to defend the indefensible and whitewash her neanderthal motivations all you like. She has already said and done plenty to condemn herself

Page 27 of 51 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •