Page 23 of 51 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 504

Thread: Game Hunter Trampled To Death By Elephant

  1. #221
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    163,621

    Re: Game Hunter Trampled To Death By Elephant

    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    Except you are wrong. First of all,,, when it comes to hunting success rates are generally extremely low. And elk hunter in my region has about a 14% success rate. If it was "love of killing". then why would you do something that killing was something that occurred about 14% of time?. Yet thousands of hunters hunt elk in my region. The same with elephants and giraffes etc. the success rates are not 100%.. and again.. if it was just about killing.. then bull, calf, cow.. would not matter. Yet it does... hunters will pay 50,000 dollars to hunt that big bull. And pass up other bulls, and so on... and they will go home without making a kill, simply because they didn't feel that the bull was big enough. Or that they never got an ethical shot off.

    By the way... most likely in the region that you were watching elephants... they were likely not hunted and therefore have lost their fear of man and often associate humans and food . That's in large part what makes them such easy targets for poachers that venture into these game parks and makes them nuisances to farmers when they wander out of the reserves protected areas and into farmland.
    You are applying rational thought to emotional psychobabble. NO matter how much proof is presented that legal hunters actually promote the continued survival of a game species, the anti hunters-who almost always are left-wingers, will project Bambist views onto these animals and ignore logic
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    Why would you not want to register your weapon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Celebrity View Post
    , as long as you can own one or fewer guns, your right to bear a firearm is not being infringed upon.

  2. #222
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,356

    Re: Game Hunter Trampled To Death By Elephant

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    Never heard of a mountain climber that deliberately set out to kill.
    So... the end result is what matters. That's the problem with you non hunters. You have absolutely no understanding of the wilderness. NONE...

    You think because you don't pull a trigger.. that you have no effect on wildlife populations. You have no understanding that the greatest threat to wildlife, is habitat destruction. When thousands of mountain climbers wander through the mountains.. the breeding and calving grounds of native wildlife... especially in the spring. Tramping along.. making noise, creating trails etc. You have no understanding that can have a detrimental effect on animal populations. They get pushed off good habitat and onto marginal habitat.. or out into areas that makes them more susceptible to predation. That the trails that are created.. can cause soil erosion, and as water now flows fast down these trails, it ends up in streams that have critical habitat for fish.. and the silt covers up eggs and causes them to die.

    You have no idea that even if you don't go out into the wilderness that you have an impact on wildlife populations. Where you live? Animals used to use that as habitat? And if you are a vegetarian? You have an even greater detrimental effect on the wilderness, because you have to get your protein from intensive farming practices.

    No clue.. and its sad.

  3. #223
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:54 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,911

    Re: Game Hunter Trampled To Death By Elephant

    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    I call BS..

    From the South African rules and regulations:
    I cannot post the programme in question because its copywrited. It was called Louis Theroux African Hunting Party and it was broadcast on the BBC back in 2007

  4. #224
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:54 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,911

    Re: Game Hunter Trampled To Death By Elephant

    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    So... the end result is what matters. That's the problem with you non hunters. You have absolutely no understanding of the wilderness. NONE...
    And you weekend Marlboro men know better right ?

  5. #225
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Last Seen
    02-02-16 @ 04:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,375

    Re: Game Hunter Trampled To Death By Elephant

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    can anyone tell me what is the purpose of the post above?

  6. #226
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,356

    Re: Game Hunter Trampled To Death By Elephant

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    Does a prairie dog mourn its dead? Is a prairie dog capable of empathy and every single emotion we human's experience? As I stated earlier, I grew up hunting, damn near everyone in my family hunts, but killing a creature that is nearly as smart as we are, that deeply mourns its dead, and that experiences every single emotion that we experience just aint right. Its wrong. Its not comparable to killing prairie dogs, or whitetail deer, or rabbits, or squirrel or any of the animals we hunt over here.
    First... most animals have some time of feeling for others of their family or kind. Deer will hang around and try to get up dead calves.. and will stand over and defend them against predators. Prairie dogs will come over and nose up dead in their family group. So on and so forth. If you watch animals as long as I have as a hunter, you will see that animals have all sorts of behaviors that humans can call "emotion".. whether its emotion or not? that's humans putting their own twist on things. Cows will defend a dead calf.. and no leave the calfs sides. I have seen cows develop what appears to be friendships with other cows.. they will nurse their friends calves and watch over them while their friends eat.

    Do you eat beef?

  7. #227
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,356

    Re: Game Hunter Trampled To Death By Elephant

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    And you weekend Marlboro men know better right ?
    First.. don't smoke.. never smoked. Second, I live a hunting lifestyle. Do I know better? Absolutely. As do the vast majority of hunters. That's why the actual effective conservation that has been done in this country over the past 150 years has been done by hunters.. and is still done today. Not just for species that are hunted but for all species since the ecosystem is just that.. a system. Of which humans are a part of. And we understand that because we participate in it. We understand it and respect it. and we want to continue to see the environment thrive.

    We realize that the "environment" isn't something that's "out there".. we understand that its all around us.. and the reason that we need to protect the environment is because we are a part of it..

    We understand that because we are active participants in it.

  8. #228
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,356

    Re: Game Hunter Trampled To Death By Elephant

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    I cannot post the programme in question because its copywrited. It was called Louis Theroux African Hunting Party and it was broadcast on the BBC back in 2007
    And I posted the South African hunting regulations. According to that.. what you say happened was illegal. And no hunting show, marketed to hunters would show such a thing. A tied animal? There would be such and uproar in the hunting community that the show producers would never work in the hunting industry again.

    What most likely happened.. if what you say is even true.. is that it was a propaganda video.. that documented illegal and unethical behavior, and called it "hunting".. to cause ignorant folks like yourself to get worked up about hunting.

  9. #229
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:54 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,911

    Re: Game Hunter Trampled To Death By Elephant

    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    First.. don't smoke.. never smoked. Second, I live a hunting lifestyle. Do I know better? Absolutely. As do the vast majority of hunters. That's why the actual effective conservation that has been done in this country over the past 150 years has been done by hunters.. and is still done today. Not just for species that are hunted but for all species since the ecosystem is just that.. a system. Of which humans are a part of. And we understand that because we participate in it. We understand it and respect it. and we want to continue to see the environment thrive.

    We realize that the "environment" isn't something that's "out there".. we understand that its all around us.. and the reason that we need to protect the environment is because we are a part of it..

    We understand that because we are active participants in it.
    No you use the term 'conservation' to whitewash what you are really doing and therefore pass it off as morally legitimate thats all.

    We are not all so easily fooled

  10. #230
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,356

    Re: Game Hunter Trampled To Death By Elephant

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    You are applying rational thought to emotional psychobabble. NO matter how much proof is presented that legal hunters actually promote the continued survival of a game species, the anti hunters-who almost always are left-wingers, will project Bambist views onto these animals and ignore logic
    So true... but without us hunters sticking up for logic and facts.. the only voice heard is the anti hunters voice. For far to long we have been quiet when we hear such ignorance.. not wanting to start a rile up in polite company.

Page 23 of 51 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •