Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 61

Thread: Deal Reached on Fast-Track Authority for Obama on Trade Pact

  1. #41
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Deal Reached on Fast-Track Authority for Obama on Trade Pact

    Quote Originally Posted by kjwins View Post
    Sure it is, its a Rep's idea.
    No, that's been debunked long ago. It's not even completely Romneycare, which was voted on by the people of his state..............and not the entire nation. Big difference. The Dems had to lie and bribe their own to get this passed into law. No, you are wildly off course.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  2. #42
    Professor
    kjwins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Last Seen
    07-01-17 @ 02:15 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,898

    Re: Deal Reached on Fast-Track Authority for Obama on Trade Pact

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    No, that's been debunked long ago. It's not even completely Romneycare, which was voted on by the people of his state..............and not the entire nation. Big difference. The Dems had to lie and bribe their own to get this passed into law. No, you are wildly off course.
    So it is, in noway similar to the 1989 Heritage Foundation document?
    A drug is not bad. A drug is a chemical compound. The problem comes in when people who take drugs treat them like a license to behave like an asshole. People do drugs because reality sucks, If you want people to stop doing drugs change reality.
    ― Frank Zappa

  3. #43
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: Deal Reached on Fast-Track Authority for Obama on Trade Pact

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Read more @: Deal Reached on Fast-Track Authority for Obama on Trade Pact

    Well if NAFTA was not enough, get ready for TPP. The TPP has been called "NAFTA on steroids", and is expected to have vast negative consequences for American manufacturing, and the middle and working classes. As a recent study on the implication of TPP stated, "Instead, the TPP looks like it will just constitute one more step toward using commercial agreements to maximize three things: (1) the damage done through global integration to the wages of most American workers; (2) the rents earned by those holding a monopoly on intellectual property claims; and (3) the influence that the preferences of global economic elites have on the policymaking of American trading partners." (http://www.epi.org/publication/tpp-unlikely-to-be-good-deal-for-american-workers/). Now we are just one step closer for this deal to become official trade policy [/FONT][/COLOR]
    Sounds like a good deal to me. Of course losers on the left come up with hostility towards free trade because, well, their losers.

    If someone creates a property, intellectual or real, they should hold a monopoly on renting it. They created it, not you, not me.
    American wages should be normalized with world wide standards. Or better yet, on the quality they produce, in which case, they deserve about the same or less than the Chinese. Most American made products are **** and cost too much.
    Only a fool measures equality by results and not opportunities.

  4. #44
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: Deal Reached on Fast-Track Authority for Obama on Trade Pact

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    there should be no free trade agreements with countries that don't adopt the OSHA and pollution controls that our own businesses are saddled with. if we're exporting those jobs, we should be exporting first world labor rights along with them. otherwise, it just isn't fair.
    I disagree. If we want the jobs, then we need to get ride of "momma government" having so much control. As to pollution, greenie-weenies won't be happy until we're living in caves wearing fig leafs. The Environmentalist are so full of **** in this country and Europe, anything that hurts them is a great thing indeed.
    Only a fool measures equality by results and not opportunities.

  5. #45
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Deal Reached on Fast-Track Authority for Obama on Trade Pact

    Quote Originally Posted by kjwins View Post
    So it is, in noway similar to the 1989 Heritage Foundation document?
    Look up the word similar, it doesn't mean the same. Similar could mean any number of things. It could mean something looks the like it or sounds like it, but yet different in key ways. Then you use the absolute term "noway" as a clever trap that fools fall for. Sorry to disappoint your elementary debate skills. The Heritage document has been discussed, try a search.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  6. #46
    Professor
    kjwins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Last Seen
    07-01-17 @ 02:15 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,898

    Re: Deal Reached on Fast-Track Authority for Obama on Trade Pact

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Look up the word similar, it doesn't mean the same. Similar could mean any number of things. It could mean something looks the like it or sounds like it, but yet different in key ways. Then you use the absolute term "noway" as a clever trap that fools fall for. Sorry to disappoint your elementary debate skills. The Heritage document has been discussed, try a search.
    So parts of Obama Care, are not the same as the 1989 Heritage Foundation document?
    A drug is not bad. A drug is a chemical compound. The problem comes in when people who take drugs treat them like a license to behave like an asshole. People do drugs because reality sucks, If you want people to stop doing drugs change reality.
    ― Frank Zappa

  7. #47
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Deal Reached on Fast-Track Authority for Obama on Trade Pact

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    Sounds like a good deal to me. Of course losers on the left come up with hostility towards free trade because, well, their losers.

    If someone creates a property, intellectual or real, they should hold a monopoly on renting it. They created it, not you, not me.
    American wages should be normalized with world wide standards. Or better yet, on the quality they produce, in which case, they deserve about the same or less than the Chinese. Most American made products are **** and cost too much.
    Ahh yea loss of jobs for Americans, and specifically American manufacturing. Damn "lefties"! Those damn "leftie" jobs are off to China, Vietnam, and Malaysia, because those places are known to make such great, high quality products! Its not like in 2007 millions of product items were recalled. Such great products made there, from the finest 12 year olds!


  8. #48
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,136

    Re: Deal Reached on Fast-Track Authority for Obama on Trade Pact

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    I disagree. If we want the jobs, then we need to get ride of "momma government" having so much control. As to pollution, greenie-weenies won't be happy until we're living in caves wearing fig leafs. The Environmentalist are so full of **** in this country and Europe, anything that hurts them is a great thing indeed.
    sorry, i don't agree. before environmental regulations, creeks were catching on fire. **** that.

  9. #49
    Educator Chainsaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Last Seen
    10-04-16 @ 03:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    790

    Re: Deal Reached on Fast-Track Authority for Obama on Trade Pact

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Because Obama is just another centrist Democrat just like Clinton... Not the left wing radical many of you played him out to be.
    Centrist???!?!??! ^^^^LOL^^^^.

    Obama is the whiny sniveling American apologist and chief, bowing to and sucking up to the worlds worst scum bag dictators and ruling bodies. He is a globalist that is embarrassed, shamed and resentful of US supremacy and success. This is part of his active policy to knock America down to the same level other countries..........and he is willing to achieve his goal on the backs of the American worker.

    PS, quit whining, you voted for this.
    The Gruber-crat is strong in this one!

  10. #50
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,056

    Re: Deal Reached on Fast-Track Authority for Obama on Trade Pact

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Why is Obama championing it?
    Because far from being socialist, he's proven himself, like any Republican, to be entirely corporatist. Trumpeting the "socialist" line constantly can easily prevent one from seeing the obvious, though.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •