Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: A gyrocopter just landed on the Capitol lawn

  1. #11
    Sage
    Lutherf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,060

    Re: A gyrocopter just landed on the Capitol lawn

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    Why didn't your cops just shoot him ? They seem to want to shoot just about everybody else !
    Mostly because he was a lefty. - The man who planned to fly a gyrocopter to the Capitol has a Web site. Here’s what it says. - The Washington Post

    This also happened in front of the capitol, not the White House. While not a huge difference it is a less controlled area.

  2. #12
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,951

    Re: A gyrocopter just landed on the Capitol lawn

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    Mostly because he was a lefty. - The man who planned to fly a gyrocopter to the Capitol has a Web site. Here’s what it says. - The Washington Post

    This also happened in front of the capitol, not the White House. While not a huge difference it is a less controlled area.
    Why take the chance and just shoot him anyway. Many have been shot dead for a darned sight less these days I mean what if he had been a black shoplifter or had failed to keep up his child maintenance payments for example

  3. #13
    Dungeon Master
    Chicks dig the long ball
    azgreg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,159

    Re: A gyrocopter just landed on the Capitol lawn

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    Why didn't your cops just shoot him ? They seem to want to shoot just about everybody else !
    Sometimes we run them over with our patrol cars.

  4. #14
    Educator
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Last Seen
    02-25-17 @ 06:26 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    805

    Re: A gyrocopter just landed on the Capitol lawn

    Quote Originally Posted by azgreg View Post
    Sometimes we run them over with our patrol cars.
    I used to think their guns should be taken away and that would end the mindless overviolence, but I see they have cars, so what's the point

  5. #15
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    17,855

    Re: A gyrocopter just landed on the Capitol lawn

    Quote Originally Posted by azgreg View Post
    A gyrocopter just landed on the Capitol lawn - The Washington Post


    I thought manned craft had to keep far away from the White House?
    My bet is you also think that in 2001 cell phones worked in airplanes at altitude. I hope I'm wrong.

    Gotta laugh about the mailman delivering the mail by gyrocopter.

  6. #16
    Educator
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Last Seen
    02-25-17 @ 06:26 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    805

    Re: A gyrocopter just landed on the Capitol lawn

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    My bet is you also think that in 2001 cell phones worked in airplanes at altitude. I hope I'm wrong.

    Gotta laugh about the mailman delivering the mail by gyrocopter.
    Like you never make a mistake...you know that confused thing in your avatar is sitting on its ass? Does it think it's a big chopper or what?

    On this gyrocopter mailman thing, Amazon are trying to deploy drones for deliveries. I am hoping at some point they will instead deploy cheap human lifting drones, to airlift me to work. If they can deliver a package, why not me? Well they're so backward...and I am so cheap...

  7. #17
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    17,855

    Re: A gyrocopter just landed on the Capitol lawn

    Quote Originally Posted by Viv View Post
    Like you never make a mistake...you know that confused thing in your avatar is sitting on its ass? Does it think it's a big chopper or what?

    On this gyrocopter mailman thing, Amazon are trying to deploy drones for deliveries. I am hoping at some point they will instead deploy cheap human lifting drones, to airlift me to work. If they can deliver a package, why not me? Well they're so backward...and I am so cheap...
    No, I'm only human and make mistakes all the time.

    Believing in falsehoods is not really a mistake, just a case of being gullible somehow, or simply unaware of certain facts.

    I ride a motorcycle, but I would not want to ride a remotely controlled human lifting drones, especially if there were many of them buzzing 'round here and there.

  8. #18
    Dungeon Master
    Chicks dig the long ball
    azgreg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,159

    Re: A gyrocopter just landed on the Capitol lawn

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    My bet is you also think that in 2001 cell phones worked in airplanes at altitude. I hope I'm wrong.

    Gotta laugh about the mailman delivering the mail by gyrocopter.
    I never thought about it since I rarely travel by plane. Thanks for your concern though.

  9. #19
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    12,765

    Re: A gyrocopter just landed on the Capitol lawn

    Good for this guy using civil disobedience to oppose the govt. I dont agree with this ideas, but I respect his method. We need more of this.

  10. #20
    Sage
    Skeptic Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    7,606

    Re: A gyrocopter just landed on the Capitol lawn

    Mr. Hughes did this as an act of civil disobedience. He notified the authorities in advance of who he is and what he was going to do. He risked his life to draw attention to the problems we have with money in politics. Here is what he had to say about his plans.



    I am a big proponent of non-violent civil disobedience so I applaud his resolve.

    And of course the media the most important thing is how he pulled it off, not WHY.
    Last edited by Skeptic Bob; 04-19-15 at 01:29 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •