Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 252

Thread: One-year-old shot dead by 3-year old in Cleveland home.

  1. #191
    Powered by diesel
    EMNofSeattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Grapeview, Washington
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,631

    Re: One-year-old shot dead by 3-year old in Cleveland home.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    They didnt charge the cop I mentioned in a previous post.

    At least, not until the public complained and contacted the dept. I was one of those people.

    In the end, he got a hung jury and they decided not to retry.

    Meanwhile, in a similar situation across the state where a 3 yr old got hold of parent's gun, and shot himself, BOTH parents were immediately charged with manslaughter.

    The hypocrisy did not sit well.
    I do not consider that hypocrisy though, the second one was in where? Yakima I think, last I checked marysville and Yakima were in different counties and those decisions are made by prosecutors who have differing ideas on what should be charged.

    IMO it's only hypocrisy if the same DA were in charge in both cases.

    Oh yeah and the same jury too because the officer was charged. Btw did he ever get his job back? Because the police guild was going to contest his firing
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    No one cares about your stupid hippy logic
    "Be careful of averages, the average person has one breast and one testicle"
    -Dixy Lee Ray

  2. #192
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 11:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: One-year-old shot dead by 3-year old in Cleveland home.

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    Second, with a suicide, which gun do you think was used if not for the one in the home? The gun was conjured up by magic?
    The study doesn't say. It leaves one to guess, and a study should never do that, the viable one's don't. The viable studies include police reports verifying that the serial number on the firearm owned by the victim is the same as the serial number used by the victim to commit suicide. That is proof that it's the same gun; AND a couple of the studies posted even admitted that they didn't know if the guns were the same.

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    Why would gun owners be at a HIGHER risk of murder from an invader, even if the deaths are due to the criminal bringing his own gun and killing the homeowner?
    The possibilities are legion, from the time of day the crime was committed to what the victim was doing.

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    At best it shows that guns in the home are worthless for self defense and at worst would show that having a gun increases the risk of death because pulling it out might mean the robber will kill you in self defense when he'd otherwise flee or just beat you. At any rate, having a gun for self defense still INCREASES the risk of death - whether it's by your own or someone else's gun is not all that relevant to me.
    You have yet to post even a singe credible source which proves that. Don't expect a goddamn thing out of me until you do. You refuse to post good source material yourself, so don't ask another soul to.

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    But I'm going to bow out of this discussion.
    Yup, there it is, run away. You're on a debate site, son, and you're talking to people with skin in the game who care. I've taken apart your every link, your every source, and you run away because you're wrong, you know you're wrong, and you can't deal with it.
    Last edited by Jerry; 04-14-15 at 04:54 PM.

  3. #193
    Guru
    11Bravo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    03-24-17 @ 03:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,611

    Re: One-year-old shot dead by 3-year old in Cleveland home.

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    Truly crazy stuff
    I know right! Almost as crazy as that time Churchill begged the US to help his poor innocent unarmed public

    You're welcome ;-)

  4. #194
    Powered by diesel
    EMNofSeattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Grapeview, Washington
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,631

    Re: One-year-old shot dead by 3-year old in Cleveland home.

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    Maybe they just have a humanitarian agenda ? Ever consider that ? Only in the US are guns deemed a political issue. Elsewhere in the developed world its a health and safety concern with the US model held up as the perfect example not to follow
    Ah there we go, I was just waiting for it, the old "the rest of the world is laughing at you unsophisticated Americans" argument
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    No one cares about your stupid hippy logic
    "Be careful of averages, the average person has one breast and one testicle"
    -Dixy Lee Ray

  5. #195
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    51,605

    Re: One-year-old shot dead by 3-year old in Cleveland home.

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    Its simply a statement of fact nothing more
    It's a statement of propaganda and supposition. But whatever.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  6. #196
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 11:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: One-year-old shot dead by 3-year old in Cleveland home.

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    Maybe they just have a humanitarian agenda ? Ever consider that ? Only in the US are guns deemed a political issue. Elsewhere in the developed world its a health and safety concern with the US model held up as the perfect example not to follow
    So you don't know about Russia, or the Czech Republic. Interesting.

  7. #197
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 11:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: One-year-old shot dead by 3-year old in Cleveland home.

    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    Ah there we go, I was just waiting for it, the old "the rest of the world is laughing at you unsophisticated Americans" argument
    Flogger claims to be from England. Why should we listen to a chain of countries who, combined, are smaller than our eastern seaboard?

  8. #198
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    05-24-16 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    26,435

    Re: One-year-old shot dead by 3-year old in Cleveland home.

    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    I do not consider that hypocrisy though, the second one was in where? Yakima I think, last I checked marysville and Yakima were in different counties and those decisions are made by prosecutors who have differing ideas on what should be charged.

    IMO it's only hypocrisy if the same DA were in charge in both cases.

    Oh yeah and the same jury too because the officer was charged. Btw did he ever get his job back? Because the police guild was going to contest his firing
    That's what I was told...different jursidictions.

    Still bull****. It was a Hispanic couple vs a cop.
    "Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free."

    "No, you'll be *a* judge of that, just like everyone else who reads it."
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  9. #199
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:35 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,915

    Re: One-year-old shot dead by 3-year old in Cleveland home.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Flogger claims to be from England. Why should we listen to a chain of countries who, combined, are smaller than our eastern seaboard?
    Eh ????

    What does geography have to do with this ?

  10. #200
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,508

    Re: One-year-old shot dead by 3-year old in Cleveland home.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    The study doesn't say. It leaves one to guess, and a study should never do that, the viable one's don't. The viable studies include police reports verifying that the serial number on the firearm owned by the victim is the same as the serial number used by the victim to commit suicide. That is proof that it's the same gun; AND a couple of the studies posted even admitted that they didn't know if the guns were the same.
    But no links.... I'll believe it when you start citing those 'viable' studies. With suicides, there is no reason the rate would go up with gun owners if they're using someone else's gun to kill themselves. You're looking for uncertainty when even if you find it can't affect the results.

    The possibilities are legion, from the time of day the crime was committed to what the victim was doing.
    Why would those variables depend on gun ownership?

    You have yet to post even a singe credible source which proves that. Don't expect a goddamn thing out of me until you do. You refuse to post good source material yourself, so don't ask another soul to.
    The Accessibility of Firearms and Risk for Suicide and Homicide Victimization Among Household Members: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis | Annals of Internal Medicine

    Yup, there it is, run away. You're on a debate site, son, and you're talking to people with skin in the game who care. I've taken apart your every link, your every source, and you run away because you're wrong, you know you're wrong, and you can't deal with it.
    Yeah, nice way to omit the reason why I told you I'm bowing out. Proved to be a wise decision - I've already wasted too much time with this response when I knew what kind of debate was to come.

Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •