Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 135

Thread: Cop shoots suspect, mistakes gun for tazer

  1. #111
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    09-08-15 @ 06:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Cop shoots suspect, mistakes gun for tazer

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    So it takes 4 guys to take 1 guy down. He was outnumbered 10 to 1. You just agreed with me and then told me that what I said was nonsense. Are you trying to debate me or yourself?
    You seem to ignore the fact that officers can only hold, grip, detain, use pressure to fight back.
    Where as criminals can kick, punch, head butt, bite, spit and anything else they want.

  2. #112
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,591

    Re: Cop shoots suspect, mistakes gun for tazer

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    So it takes 4 guys to take 1 guy down. He was outnumbered 10 to 1. You just agreed with me and then told me that what I said was nonsense. Are you trying to debate me or yourself?
    Hell yeah....

    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #113
    Professor
    Capster78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    08-24-15 @ 12:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,253

    Re: Cop shoots suspect, mistakes gun for tazer

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    I don't think that anybody is telling people that negative actions have no consequences. Who are these people who believe that they can act however they want and it's ok? Most criminals are either desperate or have mental illness. You seem to have this hilariously absurd notion that there are liberals going around preaching that we should all do whatever feels good. We're 40 years past "tune in, turn on, drop out," are you?

    And I don't know how you have come to the conclusion that I want to raise naive people. I simply think that rapists are always to blame for rape and murderers are always to blame for murder. Blaming the victim is just plain stupid. What this man did warranted an arrest and a prison sentence. They could tackle him and get a little rough if he resists arrest, but they can't shoot him, and just because I think law enforcement officers shouldn't kill people doesn't mean that I am a proponent of crime (WHO IS?!)

    We see it all the time. People running from police, yelling and screaming at police for just doing their jobs. They think that they can push cops around because society has told them that cops wont do anything about it. Its not like the old days where there was some fear of the police. You did not dare piss a police officer off 50 years ago, because you would get your ass kicked. And if you complained about getting your ass kicked, you probably would get your ass kicked again. The problem is, people think they can act however they want because they always have that lawsuit card in their wallet that they will pull anytime an officer forces them to comply.
    - There was never a good war, or a bad peace.
    - Idealistically, everything should work as you planed it to. Realistically, it depends on how idealistic you are as to the measure of success.
    - Better to be a pessimist before, and an optimist afterwords.

  4. #114
    Winged Eel Fingerling
    beefheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The burning sands of the desert southwest.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    15,441

    Re: Cop shoots suspect, mistakes gun for tazer

    Quote Originally Posted by JANFU View Post
    Turns out, I am related to someone who knows this sheriff, not too many kind words about him. This whole thing is so unacceptable and crazy.
    Ich habe schon Pferde vor der Apotheke kotzen sehen.

  5. #115
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 09:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Cop shoots suspect, mistakes gun for tazer

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    You seem to ignore the fact that officers can only hold, grip, detain, use pressure to fight back.
    Where as criminals can kick, punch, head butt, bite, spit and anything else they want.
    Lol. Cops can't kick, punch, head but, bite, spit and shoot you in the back if you run away?????
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  6. #116
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 09:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Cop shoots suspect, mistakes gun for tazer

    Quote Originally Posted by Capster78 View Post
    We see it all the time. People running from police, yelling and screaming at police for just doing their jobs. They think that they can push cops around because society has told them that cops wont do anything about it. Its not like the old days where there was some fear of the police. You did not dare piss a police officer off 50 years ago, because you would get your ass kicked. And if you complained about getting your ass kicked, you probably would get your ass kicked again. The problem is, people think they can act however they want because they always have that lawsuit card in their wallet that they will pull anytime an officer forces them to comply.
    When did society tell us that cops won't do anything? We're just getting started prosecuting bad cops for abusing the power we've vested in them. Hopefully we get it all.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  7. #117
    Sage
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    8,169

    Re: Cop shoots suspect, mistakes gun for tazer

    Anecdotes are only an argument when the proposition is "all" or "none". That is NOT the proposition here, so your anecdotes are irrelevant... can you show me that black cops kill white kids at a problematic rate knowing that white cops kill blacks at the rate of 2 or more per week?

  8. #118
    Professor
    Capster78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    08-24-15 @ 12:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,253

    Re: Cop shoots suspect, mistakes gun for tazer

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    When did society tell us that cops won't do anything? We're just getting started prosecuting bad cops for abusing the power we've vested in them. Hopefully we get it all.
    No, the bad cops will never get it. Bad cops will be bad cops no matter how many rules you make. All this type of thing does is hurt good cops.
    - There was never a good war, or a bad peace.
    - Idealistically, everything should work as you planed it to. Realistically, it depends on how idealistic you are as to the measure of success.
    - Better to be a pessimist before, and an optimist afterwords.

  9. #119
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    09-08-15 @ 06:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Cop shoots suspect, mistakes gun for tazer

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Lol. Cops can't kick, punch, head but, bite, spit and shoot you in the back if you run away?????
    They can shoot a fleeing felon.

  10. #120
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 09:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Cop shoots suspect, mistakes gun for tazer

    Quote Originally Posted by Capster78 View Post
    No, the bad cops will never get it. Bad cops will be bad cops no matter how many rules you make. All this type of thing does is hurt good cops.
    Who wants to make rules. We just want to be diligent at screening the bad ones out.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •