Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 333

Thread: Rubio tells donors he is running for White House

  1. #281
    Sage


    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    23,118
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Rubio tells donors he is running for White House

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Mornin Conservative. Rubio is no hack and is a clear threat to Hillary. He would tear Hillary up in a Debate and while sipping water and gargling with it.




    Hillary drops 10 pts. to GOP field - why?.....


    The newest Public Policy Polling (PPP) National Presidential Poll reveals that Clinton's lead against her top conservative contenders has diminished to between 3 and 9 points down from leading them by 7 to 10 points in its February poll. Just one month earlier in January, a Washington Post poll showed her lead was between 13 and 15 points against her top three rivals at the time (Jeb Bush, Mitt Romney and Rand Paul).

    "Even with her advantage over the Republican field on the decline, Clinton is still clearly a stronger candidate than anyone else the Democrats might put forward at this point," PPP asserts. "Clinton leads Scott Walker, who currently leads in our national GOP polling, 46/42. By comparison Joe Biden (46/40) and Elizabeth Warren (43/39) would both trail Walker in hypothetical match ups."

    In addition to Walker, two other GOP hopefuls come within four points of Clinton: Marco Rubio trails her just 46/43, and Rand Paul's deficit is 46/42," the PPP poll divulges. "Paul's numbers are interesting. He actually does better than anyone else on his side with independents, leading Clinton by 14 points at 47/33. But the 77 percent of the Republican vote he gets against Clinton is the lowest of any candidate other than Chris Christie.".....snip~

    Hillary drops 10 pts. to GOP field - why?


    Its like many are saying now.....the longer she is in front of the public. The more her numbers will go down.
    Interesting, then, that she'd adopted such a 'hide and seek' or low key campaign strategy at this point, given what coverage in the news more and larger meetings and speeches and especially interviews with the press would entail. As if she's willing to give up her poll lead to run away from her most recent scandals or something rather than having some really good responses to those questions (unlike the UN presser which was failing answers).
    Disinformation campaign? The Russian collusion meme pushed by the 'news' media, behaving as a political propaganda organ, hell bent to destroy a legitimately elected president to implement his agenda per the votes of the same electorate. Reference The Big Lie Reference Goebbels

  2. #282
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:25 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,823

    Re: Rubio tells donors he is running for White House

    His immigration bill will hurt him unless he comes right out and say's "I made a mistake" something neither of the Clintons ever did or ever will. He is Hispanic, young, a very good communicator and speaker so yes I think he will be the running as a very refreshing face of a young America.

  3. #283
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 08:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Rubio tells donors he is running for White House

    Quote Originally Posted by rhinefire View Post
    His immigration bill will hurt him unless he comes right out and say's "I made a mistake" something neither of the Clintons ever did or ever will. He is Hispanic, young, a very good communicator and speaker so yes I think he will be the running as a very refreshing face of a young America.
    Mornin RF. Not really.....Rubio was on Face the Nation and spoke on where he stands on Immigration. He learned from that fiasco with the Gang of 8.

  4. #284
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    29,370

    Re: Rubio tells donors he is running for White House

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Because he believes it could propel him to front runner status in 2020 when the GOP has a better shot at taking the whitehouse than they do in 2016
    Being the VP nom is hardly ever a springboard. Heard Paul Ryan's name recently? His chances are even worse if he's second fiddle on a winning ticket. Being the VP nominee is a quick ticket to being irrelevant.

    GOP's chance is 2016. It's much harder to run against an incumbent, and it's very rare for either party to hold on to the WH after an 8 year run. Last Democrat to do that was Van Buren if I'm not mistaken.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    I smell hosiery....
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    I call my wife a slut

  5. #285
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    24,421

    Re: Rubio tells donors he is running for White House

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Being the VP nom is hardly ever a springboard. Heard Paul Ryan's name recently? His chances are even worse if he's second fiddle on a winning ticket. Being the VP nominee is a quick ticket to being irrelevant.

    GOP's chance is 2016. It's much harder to run against an incumbent, and it's very rare for either party to hold on to the WH after an 8 year run. Last Democrat to do that was Van Buren if I'm not mistaken.
    Paul Ryan will put his name back in the pot soon enough. I think he is sitting out 2016, waiting for 2020. I think the GOP pretty much figures that with Hillary in the race, they have little shot in 2016, especially without much of a strong field to get a nominee.
    ....and I disagree with your assessment of VP not being a springboard. Throughout the history of this country it has been a springboard to get the party's nod.

  6. #286
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    29,370

    Re: Rubio tells donors he is running for White House

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Paul Ryan will put his name back in the pot soon enough. I think he is sitting out 2016, waiting for 2020. I think the GOP pretty much figures that with Hillary in the race, they have little shot in 2016, especially without much of a strong field to get a nominee.
    ....and I disagree with your assessment of VP not being a springboard. Throughout the history of this country it has been a springboard to get the party's nod.
    It's never been a springboard. Did we ever have President Hannibal Hamlin? Most VPs never got to be President or even get the nomination. Smart money says Joe Biden doesn't run. Cheney didn't run. FDRs first couple of VPs didn't get to run. History has never had being the VP as a springboard to anything except obscurity. Ask Al Gore.

    The GOPs chance is 2016. If you look at history, the party of a two term President very rarely holds on. Ask John McCain.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    I smell hosiery....
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    I call my wife a slut

  7. #287
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    24,421

    Re: Rubio tells donors he is running for White House

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    It's never been a springboard. Did we ever have President Hannibal Hamlin? Most VPs never got to be President or even get the nomination. Smart money says Joe Biden doesn't run. Cheney didn't run. FDRs first couple of VPs didn't get to run. History has never had being the VP as a springboard to anything except obscurity. Ask Al Gore.

    The GOPs chance is 2016. If you look at history, the party of a two term President very rarely holds on. Ask John McCain.
    After GWB....there was NO Republican that could win in 2008...it had nothing to do with McCain. As for the rest of your reply....get the party nod doesn't always lead to the whitehouse, but it definitely provided a springboard to Gore to get the nomination....as it did GHB and Mondale. In fact, the only VP in recent years that didn't use it as a springboard was Cheney (Too old and unelectable) and probably Biden.


    After

  8. #288
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    29,370

    Re: Rubio tells donors he is running for White House

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    After GWB....there was NO Republican that could win in 2008...it had nothing to do with McCain. As for the rest of your reply....get the party nod doesn't always lead to the whitehouse, but it definitely provided a springboard to Gore to get the nomination....as it did GHB and Mondale. In fact, the only VP in recent years that didn't use it as a springboard was Cheney (Too old and unelectable) and probably Biden.


    After
    I think after Obama there's pretty much no Democrat that can win in 2016. That's the way it is for most ruling parties over the years. So being VP puts Rubio in the back seat until 2024 at least. That's not what he's looking for.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    I smell hosiery....
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    I call my wife a slut

  9. #289
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 08:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Rubio tells donors he is running for White House

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    I think after Obama there's pretty much no Democrat that can win in 2016. That's the way it is for most ruling parties over the years. So being VP puts Rubio in the back seat until 2024 at least. That's not what he's looking for.
    Mornin 88. If Rubio doesn't make the grade. Word is, in 2018 he will run for the Governor of Florida.

  10. #290
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    24,421

    Re: Rubio tells donors he is running for White House

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    I think after Obama there's pretty much no Democrat that can win in 2016. That's the way it is for most ruling parties over the years. So being VP puts Rubio in the back seat until 2024 at least. That's not what he's looking for.
    That's not even close to being true. GWB had an approval rating of 29%....only the most hard-core of the right-wing stuck with him. Obama hovers right around 45-50%...subtract that hard-cord 29% that Obama is never going to please and you only have about 20% of voters who right now could possibly be voters for a Democratic candidate but are displeased with Obama. That is vastly different than it was in the 2008 election....so your premise is flawed from the start.
    As for Rubio, I don't think that realistically he sees himself as a strong enough candidate to get the nomination. Maybe he is hoping for some stumbles, but I still believe he is playing for VP.

Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •