Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 58

Thread: Prosecution of 2nd Officer in Walter Scott Shooting Is Sought

  1. #11
    Living in Gods country


    JANFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    14,242

    Re: Prosecution of 2nd Officer in Walter Scott Shooting Is Sought

    Quote Originally Posted by Blemonds View Post
    Funny thing is that at least three other officers reported that they observed him administering first aid and at least one reported to assist him in doing so. Not to mention video that shows officers administering first aid. People need to stick to the facts and quit making things up.
    Dollars to doughnuts that the Officer charged with murder had submitted quite the report
    2nd Officer – 2 lines – care to speak to that?
    Next- I am well aware that you think that if he had not run, he would still be alive today.

    Lawyers say second officer in Walter Scott shooting Clarence Habersham should be arrested | Daily Mail Online

    A group of black attorneys have called for the second officer connected to the fatal shooting of South Carolina father Walter Scott to be arrested.
    National Bar Association officials said that Officer Clarence Habersham, 37, who was the second policeman to arrive at the dead man's body after shooter Michael Slager, should be fired and prosecuted for filing a false report.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    The damage to the black community from all this will be devastating.
    Not only on public perception and reputation, but cops simply won't want to police these neighborhoods anymore.
    The shooter was later found to be white.

  2. #12
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    05-24-16 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    26,435

    Re: Prosecution of 2nd Officer in Walter Scott Shooting Is Sought

    What is the department policy on rendering first aid to suspects? And what is the state law on the same?

    A cop may have other duties and responsibilities that come before that...those regarding risks to themselves and the public. And preserving the crime scene. I dont know but I'm not assuming they have any legal obligation...altho I believe there is a moral one if there's no danger to others.
    "Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free."

    "No, you'll be *a* judge of that, just like everyone else who reads it."
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  3. #13
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    02-18-17 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,828

    Re: Prosecution of 2nd Officer in Walter Scott Shooting Is Sought

    Quote Originally Posted by JANFU View Post
    Dollars to doughnuts that the Officer charged with murder had submitted quite the report
    2nd Officer – 2 lines – care to speak to that?
    Next- I am well aware that you think that if he had not run, he would still be alive today.

    Lawyers say second officer in Walter Scott shooting Clarence Habersham should be arrested | Daily Mail Online
    The second officer can only report what he knows

  4. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 02:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Prosecution of 2nd Officer in Walter Scott Shooting Is Sought

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    I think everybody needs to wait for more facts to come in and not rush to judgment about Habersham.
    Why, he is an accessory to murder. Or at least that's what they will say.

  5. #15
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    05-27-17 @ 11:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,082

    Re: Prosecution of 2nd Officer in Walter Scott Shooting Is Sought

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    Neither you nor I know what departmental policy is and whether Habersham was advised by his superiors to say as little as possible until expert counsel had been brought in by his department. We don't know whether he subsequently has written a lengthier report or who has interviewed him or anything else. I am unwilling to rush to judgment without more facts. How about you?
    Regardless of whether it's department policy or not, it's sickening that not all of the facts are documented for a police shooting the same day it happened. It's nothing short of appalling. If it's policy then who ever made the policy should be fired and it should be changed. If his superiors told him to omit facts from the report then they should all go to jail. If he did it himself then he should go to jail. Anything else only shows that our current system is a joke.

  6. #16
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    02-18-17 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,828

    Re: Prosecution of 2nd Officer in Walter Scott Shooting Is Sought

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    Regardless of whether it's department policy or not, it's sickening that not all of the facts are documented for a police shooting the same day it happened. It's nothing short of appalling. If it's policy then who ever made the policy should be fired and it should be changed. If his superiors told him to omit facts from the report then they should all go to jail. If he did it himself then he should go to jail. Anything else only shows that our current system is a joke.
    What facts do you think were omitted

  7. #17
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    05-27-17 @ 11:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,082

    Re: Prosecution of 2nd Officer in Walter Scott Shooting Is Sought

    Quote Originally Posted by Blemonds View Post
    What facts do you think were omitted
    I was responding to a hypothetical scenerio if you see the post that I was responding to. Where the officer was told to write as little as possible.

    There's no way all of his experience of the situation was converyed in two setences. How many times was the guy shot? What position was he in on the ground? Did he talk to the other officer? Did the officer say that the guy was running at him or running away?

    I've seen police reports. Generally they are laid out:

    Upon arriving at the scene ... details of what was there and what he saw....

    I took these actions in this order for this reason...

    I also noticed this while responding. I investigated this. As a result I found this.

    etc etc...


    To think that this guy only wrote down two sentences is laughable. Two sentences isn't enough to even cover the condition of the suspect upon arrival. Was he breathing, how was he positioned, how many times was he shot, was he unconscious, do you have a physical description of the guy, did you check his ID and get a name for the guy, what did the other police officer say?

    Pure insanity that anyone could possibly think two sentences are ok for a police report like this.

  8. #18
    Living in Gods country


    JANFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    14,242

    Re: Prosecution of 2nd Officer in Walter Scott Shooting Is Sought

    Quote Originally Posted by Blemonds View Post
    The second officer can only report what he knows
    You have very low standards for Police Officers when finding a 2 sentence report on an Officer involved killing acceptable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    The damage to the black community from all this will be devastating.
    Not only on public perception and reputation, but cops simply won't want to police these neighborhoods anymore.
    The shooter was later found to be white.

  9. #19
    User
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    atlanta, georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44

    Re: Prosecution of 2nd Officer in Walter Scott Shooting Is Sought

    If I had to defend this man I would put police chiefs and police union on trial. They are the ones who have manipulated that environment.

  10. #20
    Living in Gods country


    JANFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    14,242

    Re: Prosecution of 2nd Officer in Walter Scott Shooting Is Sought

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    Neither you nor I know what departmental policy is and whether Habersham was advised by his superiors to say as little as possible until expert counsel had been brought in by his department. We don't know whether he subsequently has written a lengthier report or who has interviewed him or anything else. I am unwilling to rush to judgment without more facts. How about you?
    Not rushing, it is becoming apparent that this Police force has serious issues within the force.
    A 2 sentence report on a killing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    The damage to the black community from all this will be devastating.
    Not only on public perception and reputation, but cops simply won't want to police these neighborhoods anymore.
    The shooter was later found to be white.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •