Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 127

Thread: Boston cop shot in the face

  1. #81
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Boston cop shot in the face

    Quote Originally Posted by Schwartz View Post
    Is it my or your or someone else's fault? Many people in this country are poor yet they choose other paths in life and don't turn to crime. Afro-Americans should help themselves. Instead of living decent life it is much easier to blame cops, whites and society in general for the bitter cup.
    Oh dear!
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  2. #82
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    50,403

    Re: Boston cop shot in the face

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    The only post where you came close to doing as you claim was post #38, page 4:



    But notice how you said it?



    You didn't make yourself clear at all. What you did was slip from condemning Black people for speaking out against the killing of Black men by cops to Black activist/(Black-liberal) politicians who exploit the death of "pink chirruns" to rally against anti-gun legislation. While I can agree with you that some Black people and some politicians do exploit some situations to champion their cause and cause mayhem, you made it clear that most of those people in your opinion are Blacks. I mean, what White person would use the slang dialect "pink chirruns" to describe White kids? And what "folk" were you referring to? You still haven't explained that one.

    Maybe I haven't lived among southerners enough, but the only people I know who'd even use the word "chirrun" to describe kids are southern Blacks. I guess now you'll tell me your White grandmother uses that term on a regular basis. (And yes, this time I used the racial descriptive characterizing "grandmother" on purpose to make a distinctive point.)

    Look, it's real simple: If you don't want to be viewed as a racist or a bigot, don't act like one...at least not in your posts. Make yourself clear! Stop relying on subtle innuendo for people to decipher your meaning.


    Thats right. Notice. I pointed out very clearly...exploitative douchebags are not relegated to race.

    But you only see race. Cuz...well...you are 'that guy'.

  3. #83
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,187

    Re: Boston cop shot in the face

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post


    Thats right. Notice. I pointed out very clearly...exploitative douchebags are not relegated to race.

    But you only see race. Cuz...well...you are 'that guy'.
    Right...

    Once again in your own words:

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Nope...not hard at all to blame the officer. Hands Up Boston did just that.
    Hands Up Boston....a predominately Black civil protest group...

    In fact...they coordinated protests and held planning meetings to blame the cops for killing the black man. Of course...those planning meetings were 'colored people only'.
    Suggesting "No Whites or Non-Blacks" allowed. And then there's this:

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    They knew it.
    "They" here is the Boston Police Department.

    It didn't make a difference. Just another opportunity to bang the drum of oppression.
    A reference to Black people. You certainly weren't referring to Native American Indians.

    Why does the phrase 'black lives matter' exist? CLEARLY they don't matter. The only black lives that matter are the ones that die at the hands of cops. That's ridiculously exploitative. But that's not an exclusive club of folk. There are people that come out in droves following a school shooting. Cuz children's lives matter...right? Nah. Cute little pink chirruns matter because they can be exploited in the anti-gun cause.
    You did NOT refer to "exploitative douchbags" here. You said:

    The only black lives that matter are the ones that die at the hands of cops. That's ridiculously exploitative.
    Which is a far cry from suggesting that exploitation of such tragic events are not exclusive to Black people. Of course, while you did go on to say:

    But that's not an exclusive club of folk.
    You NEVER explained who those "folk" are. And even when I've asked you to clarify who you meant, you still have not done so. So, once again, what "folk" were you referring to?

    Now, while you did follow that up with saying that "there are people that come out in droves following a school shooting," you quickly went into a sarcastic rant over the concern for the young lives of our nation's children. BUT you immediately went into what can only be described as a "colorful vernacular" which I can only assume was a jab at Black politicians since you used the color "pink" to describe the pigmentation of those "chirrun" whose lives apparently only matter to certain politicians when they can "exploit" a tragic event such as a school shooting for political gain.

    Your words, not mine. You're just pissed 'cause I called you out. If I or anyone else am seeing racism in your words, it's because they are either the words you used or the tone you set. Either way, either own up to them or clarify exactly what you meant by them. But don't try to turn the tables on somebody else because you've been called out for your racism or bigotry.
    Last edited by Objective Voice; 04-13-15 at 08:27 AM.
    "A fair exchange ain't no robbery." Tupac Shakur w/Digital Underground

  4. #84
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    50,403

    Re: Boston cop shot in the face

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    Right...

    Once again in your own words:


    Hands Up Boston....a predominately Black civil protest group...



    Suggesting "No Whites or Non-Blacks" allowed. And then there's this:



    "They" here is the Boston Police Department.



    A reference to Black people. You certainly weren't referring to Native American Indians.



    You did NOT refer to "exploitative douchbags" here. You said:



    Which is a far cry from suggesting that exploitation of such tragic events are not exclusive to Black people. Of course, while you did go on to say:



    You NEVER explained who those "folk" are. And even when I've asked you to clarify who you meant, you still have not done so. So, once again, what "folk" were you referring to?

    Now, while you did follow that up with saying that "there are people that come out in droves following a school shooting," you quickly went into a sarcastic rant over the concern for the young lives of our nation's children. BUT you immediately went into what can only be described as a "colorful vernacular" which I can only assume was a jab at Black politicians since you used the color "pink" to describe the pigmentation of those "chirrun" whose lives apparently only matter to certain politicians when they can "exploit" a tragic event such as a school shooting for political gain.

    Your words, not mine. You're just pissed 'cause I called you out. If I or anyone else am seeing racism in your words, it's because they are either the words you used or the tone you set. Either way, either own up to them or clarify exactly what you meant by them. But don't try to turn the tables on somebody else because you've been called out for your racism or bigotry.

    Its sad to see you are so obsessed with race and racism that you cant see anything but race and racism. Thats pretty pathetic...but not at all unexpected.

    Hands Up Boston (as you said...a Black civil protest group) did some incredibly stupid things by ignoring the facts in the shooting and trying to make it be about the poor dead 'victim'. They responded just like other 'cause' groups respond...not because they are black, but because they are douchebags. But I get it. YOU want it to be because they are black. But its not because YOU are black....

  5. #85
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:07 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,011

    Re: Boston cop shot in the face

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post

    Its sad to see you are so obsessed with race and racism that you cant see anything but race and racism. Thats pretty pathetic...but not at all unexpected.

    Hands Up Boston (as you said...a Black civil protest group) did some incredibly stupid things by ignoring the facts in the shooting and trying to make it be about the poor dead 'victim'. They responded just like other 'cause' groups respond...not because they are black, but because they are douchebags. But I get it. YOU want it to be because they are black. But its not because YOU are black....
    Its your guns that are the problem not your racism which exists to a greater or lesser degree in every other developed nation.

  6. #86
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,187

    Re: Boston cop shot in the face

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post

    Its sad to see you are so obsessed with race and racism that you cant see anything but race and racism. Thats pretty pathetic...but not at all unexpected.

    Hands Up Boston (as you said...a Black civil protest group) did some incredibly stupid things by ignoring the facts in the shooting and trying to make it be about the poor dead 'victim'. They responded just like other 'cause' groups respond...not because they are black, but because they are douchebags. But I get it. YOU want it to be because they are black. But its not because YOU are black....
    No. What's sad is when given the opportunity to explain yourself and clarify your position you balked!

    I've been transparent about how I feel about what happened with the police officer who is the subject of this thread, but I've also been candidate about my feelings on race baiting within this thread, as well as, expressing how I feel about those of my own race - that many of us need to get our acts together and stop being stupid when it comes to being confronted by the police. However, I've also stated quite clearly that sometimes some police officers take things too far. But you...?

    I think anyone who reads your posts in this thread would likely come away with the same conclusion as I: That you mask the meaning behind your words with innuendo instead of coming out and saying what you mean. At least I had the balls to call out my own, acknowledge that in the case of the situation as addressed in the OP article that the Black man got what he deserved, agreed that sometimes Black "folks" and Black politicians can use a tragic situation to rally their cause. But I don't hide behind my words. I let my words carry my message, plain and clear. What have you done throughout this thread except mask your words, hide behind them as if to appear to be impartial when the truth is you're not.

    Yes, I stood up for my own....when it comes to police brutality and wrongful police profiling. And I classified the purpose of this thread as "race baiting" same as a few others. And I believe I (we) am/are justified to do so. Are you brave enough to do the same? Or will you continue to hide behind your words?
    Last edited by Objective Voice; 04-13-15 at 01:48 PM.
    "A fair exchange ain't no robbery." Tupac Shakur w/Digital Underground

  7. #87
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    50,403

    Re: Boston cop shot in the face

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    Its your guns that are the problem not your racism which exists to a greater or lesser degree in every other developed nation.
    Really? Funny...but my guns are quite safe. In fact...the guns of my fellow 120 million gun owners are pretty much not the problem. At all. No...the problem is the violent criminal types that permeate society. Deal with them, you deal with the problem. The Japanese learned that. Banning guns didnt solve their problems. Passing draconian sentencing and their own version of RICO which locked up people for long long long periods of times for the commission of violent crimes using a firearm worked pretty well.

    Why is it that people never want to target the people that are actually committing the crimes?

  8. #88
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    50,403

    Re: Boston cop shot in the face

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    No. What's sad is when given the opportunity to explain yourself and clarify your position you balked!

    I've been transparent about how I feel about what happened with the police officer who is the subject of this thread, but I've also been candidate about my feelings on race baiting within this thread, as well as, expressing how I feel about those of my own race - that many of us need to get our acts together and stop being stupid when it comes to being confronted by the police. However, I've also stated quite clearly that sometimes some police officers take things too far. But you...?

    I think anyone who reads your post in this thread would likely come away with the same conclusion as I: That you mask the meaning behind your words with innuendo instead of coming out and saying what you mean. At least I had the balls to call out my own, acknowledge that in the case of the situation as addressed in the OP article that the Black man got what he deserved, agree that sometimes Black "folks" and Black politicians can use a tragic situation to rally their cause. But I don't hide behind my words. I let my words carry my message, plain and clear. What have you done throughout this thread except mask your words, hide behind them as if to appear to be impartial when the truth is you're not.

    Yes, I stood up for my own....when it comes to police brutality and wrongful police profiling. And I classified the purpose of this thread as "race baiting" same as a few others. Are you brave enough to do the same? Or will you continue to hide behind your words?
    "your own"?



    Yeah...you did. You stood up for a bunch of mindless douchebags that tried to turn a scumbag into a victim just like other cause driven douchebags have done. You continue to try to turn it into a race issue. Yes...you absolutely did stand up for 'your own'. Couldnt have said it better myself.

  9. #89
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,187

    Re: Boston cop shot in the face

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    "your own"?



    Yeah...you did. You stood up for a bunch of mindless douchebags that tried to turn a scumbag into a victim just like other cause driven douchebags have done. You continue to try to turn it into a race issue. Yes...you absolutely did stand up for 'your own'. Couldnt have said it better myself.
    Quote where I've stood up for the cop's assailant or the Hands Up Boston activist group?

    Oh, and be careful....your true colors are beginning to show.

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post


    Thats right. Notice. I pointed out very clearly...exploitative douchebags are not relegated to race.

    But you only see race. Cuz...well...you are 'that guy'.
    Who are these "mindless douchebags" and "other cause driven douchebags" you speak of? Here's your final change to make clear your meaning, sir.
    Last edited by Objective Voice; 04-13-15 at 02:06 PM.
    "A fair exchange ain't no robbery." Tupac Shakur w/Digital Underground

  10. #90
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:07 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,011

    Re: Boston cop shot in the face

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Really? Funny...but my guns are quite safe. In fact...the guns of my fellow 120 million gun owners are pretty much not the problem.
    Denial is the first thing you need to address

    At all. No...the problem is the violent criminal types that permeate society. Deal with them, you deal with the problem.
    We have those too but our crime rates are at the lowest on record

    The Japanese learned that. Banning guns didnt solve their problems.
    Having an even lower gun crime rate than the UK would suggest otherwise

    Passing draconian sentencing and their own version of RICO which locked up people for long long long periods of times for the commission of violent crimes using a firearm worked pretty well.
    Your 30K + deaths per annum suggest otherwise

    Why is it that people never want to target the people that are actually committing the crimes?
    Why is it Americans are so in denial about the price their wider society pays for shooting them ?

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •