Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 127

Thread: Boston cop shot in the face

  1. #71
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    03-23-17 @ 12:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,484
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Boston cop shot in the face

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron River View Post
    This is another case that is on 0bama's head.
    NO Its on all our heads, yours, mine, the Presidents, the Governors, all of our lawmakers - who refuse to do anything !
    True and absolute controls of guns
    no more privacy - used as an excuse ..
    And, its the children -playing the blame game ..

  2. #72
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    8,974

    Re: Boston cop shot in the face

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    I responded directly to the OP and the OP was ALL ABOUT the Boston incident. When you responded to me I very clearly indicated it was NOT an exclusive group, nor was it about 'black'. But that's all you see in your responses.
    And when you did reply you did so with racial innuendo.

    Here's the OP again:

    Quote Originally Posted by Schwartz View Post
    Decorated Boston police officer shot in the face - CNN.com

    This time it is hard to blame officers for being brutal. Maybe it is time to accept there is a reason behind police brutality except for deprived and immoral nature of American policemen (according to liberals). How many cases could have ended like this if officer didn't follow the instruction and shoot the suspect? I bet potential criminals' lives are less valuable than lives of law-abiding cops. Not all of them are good but attacking American police in general is a sign of anti-governmental propaganda.
    Your first posts to this thread which can be found on page 4, was:

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Nope...not hard at all to blame the officer. Hands Up Boston did just that. In fact...they coordinated protests and held planning meetings to blame the cops for killing the black man. Of course...those planning meetings were 'colored people only'.

    Protesters Caught on Video Taunting Police With
    Followed by...

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    They knew it. It didn't make a difference. Just another opportunity to bang the drum of oppression.

    Why does the phrase 'black lives matter' exist? CLEARLY they don't matter. The only black lives that matter are the ones that die at the hands of cops. That's ridiculously exploitative. But that's not an exclusive club of folk. There are people that come out in droves following a school shooting. Cuz children's lives matter...right? Nah. Cute little pink chirruns matter because they can be exploited in the anti-gun cause.
    Towhich I replied:

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    In short, you believe that the only reason members of the Black community or (liberal) politicians come out to protest the death/murder of Black people or children is to gain notoriety. While I won't dispute that concerning politicians because some do jump at the chance to gain brownie points with the public in any given tragedy especially if it's a social issue that tugs at the heart strings, I disagree with your assessment of the Black community as a whole.

    We care about what happens to our people just as much as any White person cares about the death or abduction of a little White kid, a White mother who goes missing, or gradma who goes out for a while but can't find her way home because she has a mental disorder (Alzheimer). The reason you can't see it is because you wear your racial bias like a pair of

    "I can feel your anger. Let go of your hate before it consumes you and leads you to the Dark Side, young ." (Just had to throw that in there. )
    Clearly, you're the one focused on the racist angle. If this isn't your intent, however, perhaps you should be clear about what you mean instead of speaking in what I can only described as well rehearsed bigotry to make your comments appear to be non-bias when the really are. You've just learned how to say things in a way that provide cover for your hate.

    (BTW, what exactly did you mean by, "But that's not an exclusive club of folk". Here's your chance to demonstrate your non-biasness...unless what you really meant was "exclusive club of Black folk".)
    Last edited by Objective Voice; 04-12-15 at 04:20 PM.
    "A fair exchange ain't no robbery." Tupac Shakur w/Digital Underground

  3. #73
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    48,800

    Re: Boston cop shot in the face

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    And when you did reply you did so with racial innuendo.

    Here's the OP again:



    Your first posts to this thread which can be found on page 4, was:



    Followed by...



    Towhich I replied:



    Clearly, you're the one focused on the racist angle. If this isn't your intent, however, perhaps you should be clear about what you mean instead of speaking in what I can only described as well rehearsed bigotry to make your comments appear to be non-bias when the really are. You've just learned how to say things in a way that provide cover for your hate.

    (BTW, what exactly did you mean by, "But that's not an exclusive club of folk". Here's your chance to demonstrate your non-biasness...unless what you really meant was "exclusive club of Black folk".)
    Pathetic. What is comical is that YOU are the one placing bolding and emphasis and YOU are the one making it be about BLACK. Ironic, since your initial presentation here was 'look at me...Im such a reasonable person..."

    YOU ignore the facts to try continue to support YOUR bias. You still are.

  4. #74
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    09-08-15 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Boston cop shot in the face

    Obama has a brother too.

  5. #75
    Student Iron River's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    11-11-16 @ 11:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    251

    Re: Boston cop shot in the face

    Quote Originally Posted by earthworm View Post
    NO Its on all our heads, yours, mine, the Presidents, the Governors, all of our lawmakers - who refuse to do anything !
    True and absolute controls of guns
    no more privacy - used as an excuse ..
    So, you disagree with the USSC on the right to privacy?? However, privacy has little to do with the right to protect ourselves from criminals and a tyrannical government that the progressives represent.

    And, its the children -playing the blame game ..
    So are you retracting your blaming me for this shooting of a cop??

  6. #76
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    8,974

    Re: Boston cop shot in the face

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Pathetic. What is comical is that YOU are the one placing bolding and emphasis and YOU are the one making it be about BLACK. Ironic, since your initial presentation here was 'look at me...Im such a reasonable person..."

    YOU ignore the facts to try continue to support YOUR bias. You still are.
    Where's the bias in anything I've posted in regards to replying to your commentary or anyone else's in this thread? I've not once said Black people shouldn't be held accountable for their irresponsible behavior or poor choices. I have, however, pointed out that sometimes cops and politicians AND White people, particularly of the past, have done things socially and/or politically that have oppressed Black people OR put themselves in a good light while taking advantage of other people's misery. But I've in no way shown bias one way or the other.

    You talk about me ignoring facts, but you haven't provided any to refute. All you've done is make blanket statements inferring that Black people, Black political action groups and Black politicians only get on their soap box when Black lives are lost at the hands of White people. Well, I've got news for you, there have been plenty of candle light vigils hosted by Blacks where a Black person's life was lost by the hand of another Black person. There have been plenty of Black politicians and Black Activist who have spoken out against Black on Black crime. Problem is folks like you only come out of the wood works when you believe White authority or White superiority is being threatened. Just as you claim Blacks stop short of calling out Black on Black crime, you stop short of doing research to find out whether Black people are as one-sided in regards to Black lives as you claim.

    You're very wrong in your assessment, sir.

    Now, we can't help what the media picks up on but in this social media driven world we live in today, it's easy for anyone to post a YouTube video of a protest movement. But who amongst White society is willing to look at a speech given by a Black student, a Black parent, a Black teacher/college professor, a Black activist of relevance who speaks out against Black on Black crime? Are you?

    Let me make myself perfectly clear: I CONDEMN ANY SENSELESS DEATH NO MATTER THE RACE, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, RELIGION. But I don't go out of my way to put White people down as you (and others) have clearly done against Blacks. I may point out an individual act I believe was wrongly committed by an individual and such person may be White, but I'd do that if the person were Black, Chinese, Japanese, Mexican, Russian, Greek, French, etc., etc. It doesn't matter to me because wrong is wrong. PERIOD! And you, sir, are wrong! And just to show how wrong you are about my commentary, go back and read post #35 (page 4), as specific portion of which I've reposted below:

    However, I DO believe that there are some instances where we, as Black people, bring trouble unto ourselves, i.e., driving without a valid driver's license, having outstanding warrants or just being uncooperative with police. None of those things places any person least of all a Black person in a good light with local police.
    You need to stop focusing on me and check yourself!

    (And BTW, that which I've placed in BOLD are YOUR WORDS, not mine.)
    Last edited by Objective Voice; 04-12-15 at 09:37 PM.
    "A fair exchange ain't no robbery." Tupac Shakur w/Digital Underground

  7. #77
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    48,800

    Re: Boston cop shot in the face

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    Where's the bias in anything I've posted in regards to replying to your commentary or anyone else's in this thread? I've not once said Black people shouldn't be held accountable for their irresponsible behavior or poor choices. I have, however, pointed out that sometimes cops and politicians AND White people, particularly of the past, have done things socially and/or politically that have oppressed Black people OR put themselves in a good light while taking advantage of other people's misery. But I've in no way shown bias one way or the other.

    You talk about me ignoring facts, but you haven't provided any to refute. All you've done is make blanket statements inferring that Black people, Black political action groups and Black politicians only get on their soap box when Black lives are lost at the hands of White people. Well, I've got news for you, there have been plenty of candle light vigils hosted by Blacks where a Black person's life was lost by the hand of another Black person. There have been plenty of Black politicians and Black Activist who have spoken out against Black on Black crime. Problem is folks like you only come out of the wood works when you believe White authority or White superiority is being threatened. Just as you claim Blacks stop short of calling out Black on Black crime, you stop short of doing research to find out whether Black people are as one-sided in regards to Black lives as you claim.

    You're very wrong in your assessment, sir.

    Now, we can't help what the media picks up on but in this social media driven world we live in today, it's easy for anyone to post a YouTube video of a protest movement. But who amongst White society is willing to look at a speech given by a Black student, a Black parent, a Black teacher/college professor, a Black activist of relevance who speaks out against Black on Black crime? Are you?

    Let me make myself perfectly clear: I CONDEMN ANY SENSELESS DEATH NO MATTER THE RACE, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, RELIGION. But I don't go out of my way to put White people down as you (and others) have clearly done against Blacks. I may point out an individual act I believe was wrongly committed by an individual and such person may be White, but I'd do that if the person were Black, Chinese, Japanese, Mexican, Russian, Greek, French, etc., etc. It doesn't matter to me because wrong is wrong. PERIOD! And you, sir, are wrong! And just to show how wrong you are about my commentary, go back and read post #35 (page 4), as specific portion of which I've reposted below:



    You need to stop focusing on me and check yourself!

    (And BTW, that which I've placed in BOLD are YOUR WORDS, not mine.)
    In our exchange I very clearly stated that it was not a 'black thing'. You cant see your way out of that. Still.

  8. #78
    Don't give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,407

    Re: Boston cop shot in the face

    Quote Originally Posted by Schwartz View Post
    Decorated Boston police officer shot in the face - CNN.com

    This time it is hard to blame officers for being brutal. Maybe it is time to accept there is a reason behind police brutality except for deprived and immoral nature of American policemen (according to liberals). How many cases could have ended like this if officer didn't follow the instruction and shoot the suspect? I bet potential criminals' lives are less valuable than lives of law-abiding cops. Not all of them are good but attacking American police in general is a sign of anti-governmental propaganda.
    No it is not - usually deranged morons.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  9. #79
    Don't give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,407

    Re: Boston cop shot in the face

    Quote Originally Posted by a351 View Post
    Get the **** outta here.
    Ayup - time to start the countdown timer.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  10. #80
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    8,974

    Re: Boston cop shot in the face

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    In our exchange I very clearly stated that it was not a 'black thing'. You cant see your way out of that. Still.
    The only post where you came close to doing as you claim was post #38, page 4:

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    They knew it. It didn't make a difference. Just another opportunity to bang the drum of oppression.

    Why does the phrase 'black lives matter' exist? CLEARLY they don't matter. The only black lives that matter are the ones that die at the hands of cops. That's ridiculously exploitative. But that's not an exclusive club of folk. There are people that come out in droves following a school shooting. Cuz children's lives matter...right? Nah. Cute little pink chirruns matter because they can be exploited in the anti-gun cause.
    But notice how you said it?

    But that's not an exclusive club of folk. There are people that come out in droves following a school shooting. Cuz children's lives matter...right? Nah. Cute little pink chirruns matter because they can be exploited in the anti-gun cause.
    You didn't make yourself clear at all. What you did was slip from condemning Black people for speaking out against the killing of Black men by cops to Black activist/(Black-liberal) politicians who exploit the death of "pink chirruns" to rally against anti-gun legislation. While I can agree with you that some Black people and some politicians do exploit some situations to champion their cause and cause mayhem, you made it clear that most of those people in your opinion are Blacks. I mean, what White person would use the slang dialect "pink chirruns" to describe White kids? And what "folk" were you referring to? You still haven't explained that one.

    Maybe I haven't lived among southerners enough, but the only people I know who'd even use the word "chirrun" to describe kids are southern Blacks. I guess now you'll tell me your White grandmother uses that term on a regular basis. (And yes, this time I used the racial descriptive characterizing "grandmother" on purpose to make a distinctive point.)

    Look, it's real simple: If you don't want to be viewed as a racist or a bigot, don't act like one...at least not in your posts. Make yourself clear! Stop relying on subtle innuendo for people to decipher your meaning.
    Last edited by Objective Voice; 04-12-15 at 10:19 PM.
    "A fair exchange ain't no robbery." Tupac Shakur w/Digital Underground

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •