Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 127

Thread: Boston cop shot in the face

  1. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    10-11-15 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    282

    Re: Boston cop shot in the face

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    I want you to think about those figures for a moment...think long and hard about them.

    3 out of 4 cops are White. That means that the Black community is "policed" more often by White cops than Black cops. Hold onto that revelation for a second...we'll come back to it in a moment.

    39.4% of the prison population is Black. That would mean that 60.6% of prisoners are White...maybe. Keep that factoid in the forefront of your mind as well.

    You posted the following just prior to posting the above statistics:



    If criminals damage society, shouldn't your focus be on those of your own race? Recall that 39.4% Black prison population statistic you quoted. Seems the folks who are causing the biggest problems for society aren't Black folks. Unless, of course, you can show comparative statistics across all racial demographics AND illustrate that the majority of those crimes committed by Black prison inmates were violent and heinous. Otherwise, your blanket stats holds no merit.

    As for the disparity in the racial makeup of cops out on the beat, it stands to reason that if White cops are the only cops Black people face and these cops enter into "stop and frisk" encounters with a bias from the jump, does it not make sense to you that Black people would inherently mistrust White law enforcement? I'm not saying that the answer in and of itself is to hire more Black cops, but it certainly would go a loooooooooong way towards bridging the trust gap within Black communities.
    The problem is that only 34.2% of prison population is white. Other 20.6% are Hispanic. Don't you think the distribution is quite unequal and barely fits to your don't-hear-don't-see logic?
    In order to overcome the problem you have to admit it exists first.


  2. #42
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:43 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,353

    Re: Boston cop shot in the face

    Quote Originally Posted by Schwartz View Post
    Decorated Boston police officer shot in the face - CNN.com

    This time it is hard to blame officers for being brutal. Maybe it is time to accept there is a reason behind police brutality except for deprived and immoral nature of American policemen (according to liberals). How many cases could have ended like this if officer didn't follow the instruction and shoot the suspect? I bet potential criminals' lives are less valuable than lives of law-abiding cops. Not all of them are good but attacking American police in general is a sign of anti-governmental propaganda.
    Your police officers are per capita 17 times more likely to be killed and over 2000 times more likely to kill a suspect in the line of duty than they are in the UK. This is the society you have created for yourselves and that most seem to be happy living in.

  3. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    10-11-15 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    282

    Re: Boston cop shot in the face

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    Your police officers are per capita 17 times more likely to be killed and over 2000 times more likely to kill a suspect in the line of duty than they are in the UK. This is the society you have created for yourselves and that most seem to be happy living in.
    It is easy to blame the society because there is nobody in particular to address. The society can be wicked, depraved or whatever but in order to fix it you have to solve problems. Blame-the-society path is not getting us anywhere. Unfortunately there are still people who ignore real issues and veil them with demagogy.

  4. #44
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:43 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,353

    Re: Boston cop shot in the face

    Quote Originally Posted by Schwartz View Post
    It is easy to blame the society because there is nobody in particular to address. The society can be wicked, depraved or whatever but in order to fix it you have to solve problems. Blame-the-society path is not getting us anywhere. Unfortunately there are still people who ignore real issues and veil them with demagogy.
    The facts of the matter rather speak for themselves so there is no necessity to veil them with anything. In order to solve the problems you speak of it is first necessary to acknowledge they exist. Far too many of your countrymen are unprepared to do so

  5. #45
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    8,831

    Re: Boston cop shot in the face

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    They knew it. It didn't make a difference. Just another opportunity to bang the drum of oppression.

    Why does the phrase 'black lives matter' exist? CLEARLY they don't matter. The only black lives that matter are the ones that die at the hands of cops. That's ridiculously exploitative. But that's not an exclusive club of folk. There are people that come out in droves following a school shooting. Cuz children's lives matter...right? Nah. Cute little pink chirruns matter because they can be exploited in the anti-gun cause.
    In short, you believe that the only reason members of the Black community or (liberal) politicians come out to protest the death/murder of Black people or children is to gain notoriety. While I won't dispute that concerning politicians because some do jump at the chance to gain brownie points with the public in any given tragedy especially if it's a social issue that tugs at the heart strings, I disagree with your assessment of the Black community as a whole.

    We care about what happens to our people just as much as any White person cares about the death or abduction of a little White kid, a White mother who goes missing, or gradma who goes out for a while but can't find her way home because she has a mental disorder (Alzheimer). The reason you can't see it is because you wear your racial bias like a pair of

    "I can feel your anger. Let go of your hate before it consumes you and leads you to the Dark Side, young ." (Just had to throw that in there. )
    Last edited by Helix; 04-12-15 at 02:00 PM. Reason: user request
    "A fair exchange ain't no robbery." Tupac Shakur w/Digital Underground

  6. #46
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    38,811

    Re: Boston cop shot in the face

    Quote Originally Posted by Schwartz View Post
    Officers are paid for keeping our society safe, first of all. If there is a chance they can be damaged, especially on duty, it is their right to use force against criminals.
    I am not saying 'black people = criminals', yet for some reason crime rates among Afro-Americans are substantially higher.
    Criminal damages the society while officer is protecting it. Based on this you can say their lives are valued differently.
    Because "Afro-Americans" are disproportionately poor.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  7. #47
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    17,313

    Re: Boston cop shot in the face

    Quote Originally Posted by Schwartz View Post
    It is easy to blame the society because there is nobody in particular to address. The society can be wicked, depraved or whatever but in order to fix it you have to solve problems. Blame-the-society path is not getting us anywhere. Unfortunately there are still people who ignore real issues and veil them with demagogy.
    In this country, the bulk of our prison problems and huge population is the result of absurd and counterproductive public policy, in this case the drug prohibition. We have the government we deserve over here.

  8. #48
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    8,831

    Re: Boston cop shot in the face

    Quote Originally Posted by Schwartz View Post
    The problem is that only 34.2% of prison population is white. Other 20.6% are Hispanic. Don't you think the distribution is quite unequal and barely fits to your don't-hear-don't-see logic?
    In order to overcome the problem you have to admit it exists first.

    So, 39.6% Black prison inmates -vs- 34.2% White prison inmates. I'd say the numbers are pretty even wouldn't you? Kind throws your "Blacks destroying society" accusation out the window since "the disruption" appears to be spread rather evenly. And this IS the problem Black people see with the prevailing attitudes from police today.

    There's a virtual even split in the level of crimes being committed by both Blacks and Whites, but it appears (at least in how the media portrays such and some bias citizens) that Black men are the only ones out there committing the harshest crimes. Yes, per your chart Black men may make up a larger percentage of prison inmates, but as I previously inquired, are their crimes any more violent or heinous than their White (or Hispanic) counterparts?

    Show me a breakdown of the criminal offenses committed by Black and White prison inmates and if the numbers on violent and heinous crimes support your claim, you'll get my support. Until then... Your side is just as much of a detriment to society as mine. Put another way: "People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones."

    (Note that your chart above combines prisons and jail inmates. Kinda skews the numbers a bit don't you think?)
    Last edited by Objective Voice; 04-12-15 at 08:23 AM.
    "A fair exchange ain't no robbery." Tupac Shakur w/Digital Underground

  9. #49
    Student Iron River's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    11-11-16 @ 11:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    251

    Re: Boston cop shot in the face

    Quote Originally Posted by a351 View Post
    Get the **** outta here.
    No.. 0bama has been bashing cops from very early on in his treasonous tenure in the White House when he told the world that the cops dealing with the Black teachers were acting stupidly. He has made comment after comment that the police have a long and unbroken string of racists acts against Blacks that doesn't seem to have changed since christions enslaved his father and then passed the Jim Crow laws to keep them down.

    0bma violated his oath of office when he involved himself time after time in ongoing legal matters and his words have further divided our nation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Somerville View Post
    HOW is this "another case that is on Obama's head"? Irrational hatred of others does not lead to rational solutions.
    And that irrational hatred of white cops by Blacks is fueled by 0bama at every opportunity.

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    You made several logical fallacies, the most obvious one being the flaming strawman that liberals think police are immoral or deprived. No one has ever said that.
    0bama has said it over and over again. You may not have seen him say it or even hear MSNBC mention that he said it but he has siad that cops are still racists pigs and he sent to DOJ in to see what to do and Holder came back with the idea that police forces all over the country are racist.
    The police are paid to take risks. That's their job. That's why they are often considered heroes.
    But 0maba makes cops out to be racist pigs and some have argued that this killer should not have been chased and killed like a dog.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    I want to comment on the headline.

    My question is, was that really necessary of CNN?

    "Shot in the face" in massive bold letters...

    Might as well have put "BOOM! HEADSHOT!"
    Watch MSNBC if you don't like the truth. They will make this look like the cops fault.

  10. #50
    Living in Gods country


    JANFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,411

    Re: Boston cop shot in the face

    Quote Originally Posted by Schwartz View Post
    OK, the next time I talk to you I will show the sarcasm banner.
    Then why cannot we talk about black population problems with the police openly? There are two opposite positions and everything that is between is not acceptable because it is either too conservative or too liberal. Think of Afro-Americans as a group of risk. We all know about the problems they have to face daily but it is blacks' duty to change their own image.
    Good morning
    You may wish to do some searches on Officer related killings.
    Here is an eye opening link. One of many.

    Fatal shootings by on-duty police officers: An analysis | The Washington Post
    If my post offends you, I deeply Apple-O-Jize.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •