Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 127

Thread: Boston cop shot in the face

  1. #21
    Liberal Fascist For Life!

    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:54 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    88,300
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Boston cop shot in the face

    Quote Originally Posted by Schwartz View Post
    Officers are paid for keeping our society safe, first of all. If there is a chance they can be damaged, especially on duty, it is their right to use force against criminals.
    I am not saying 'black people = criminals', yet for some reason crime rates among Afro-Americans are substantially higher.
    Criminal damages the society while officer is protecting it. Based on this you can say their lives are valued differently.
    It is not "for some reason", it is for alot of reasons that crime rate among blacks is much higher. And the solution is not assuming every black is a criminal.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #22
    Liberal Fascist For Life!

    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:54 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    88,300
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Boston cop shot in the face

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    I'd like to think that too, but there are a few posters here who do indeed argue that the police are bad through and through.
    Care to show some examples?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #23
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Boston cop shot in the face

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Care to show some examples?
    No thanks, I'm not into doing your homework just because you haven't been paying attention. There are plenty of anti-cop threads and posters here. But you might start with Ikari or Rev Hellhound.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Nothing will come of it. Cops can kill who ever they want it seems. Old cops shooting folk, these cops mauling people to death with dogs, those CA awhile back beating a homeless man to death. Whatever.

  4. #24
    Liberal Fascist For Life!

    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:54 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    88,300
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Boston cop shot in the face

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    No thanks, I'm not into doing your homework just because you haven't been paying attention. There are plenty of anti-cop threads and posters here. But you might start with Ikari or Rev Hellhound.
    First off, neither one of those is a liberal, so that kinda kills the OP presentation. Also, and I doubt either would disagree with me on this, but you are misrepresenting, badly, what they think. Notice in your quoted statement Ikari did not say cops are bad, only that if you are a cop, you can get away with something. Just being able to get away with something does not mean you actually are doing that.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #25
    Chews the Cud
    Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Benghazi
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,081

    Re: Boston cop shot in the face

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    No thanks, I'm not into doing your homework just because you haven't been paying attention. There are plenty of anti-cop threads and posters here. But you might start with Ikari or Rev Hellhound.
    I read your quote and it doesn't reflect what you said. It is a harsh critique of police accountability, but it's not the equivalent of saying that all cops are bad. Maybe you have another quote, but that was a bad example.

  6. #26
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    17,265

    Re: Boston cop shot in the face

    I'm on a first-name basis with a handful of cops including the Sheriff, and my grandfather was a cop.

    That said, things have gotten out of control. Daily the police reputation grows dimmer, and you can thank the war on drugs for much of it.

    The aerial footage of the guy in California looked very much like the Rodney King beating. Philip Zimbardo calls it the Lucifer Effect in human behavior, and that's probably the best description.

  7. #27
    Guru
    Morality Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Last Seen
    05-24-16 @ 08:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,733

    Re: Boston cop shot in the face

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    I'd like to think that too, but there are a few posters here who do indeed argue that the police are bad through and through.
    They're a mixed bag with very specific weaknesses.

    Police work consists of authority based on force, making it an attractive vocation to a low as well as high grade of human, inasmuch as being a priest appeals to child molesters since it puts them in a position of trust where they have relatively free access to potential adolescent sex partners. Meanwhile, police departments must be organized to meet the demands of an often conflicting web of priorities: the interests of the public, the interests of police officers, and the interests of local government.

    The "interests of police officers" generally entail good benefits and license to use a large range of powers with minimal oversight or consequence, and they have robust union with plenty of lawyers willing and able to back that up.

    The "interests of government" (mostly district attorneys and mayors) are having a good working relationship with the police so they put down on their resume that they kept the streets of X city safe during their tenure and can be trusted to be your representative in the next X level of representative government. For that reason they are predisposed to be on the side of the police in any situation where the political climate doesn't make it untenable.

    Then you have the "interests of the public", which mostly go that police officers treat the body politic with respect while being circumspect in their use of force, particularly lethal force.

    These positions don't necessarily contradict each other, but often they do, particularly #1 and #3.
    Last edited by Morality Games; 04-11-15 at 02:37 PM.
    If you notice something good in yourself, give credit to God, not to yourself, but be certain the evil you commit is always your own and yours to acknowledge.

    St. Benedict

  8. #28
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    05-24-16 @ 02:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    26,435

    Re: Boston cop shot in the face

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Have you ever heard of a straw man? That is what your post is. I do not know of a single liberal who thinks police are "deprived and immoral". In fact I think you will find most if not all liberals think the police do a difficult job mostly to the best of their abilities and make our neighborhoods safer. This does leave room for improvement, and I and others have actually had rather interesting and constructive discussions on just that topic recently. But go ahead and stay classy using this sad event and your dishonest spin to attack others...
    Yeah, there's one in the thread about the cop in SC shooting the escaping man in the back. Just rabid. Sad and gives other liberal people a bad name.
    "Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free."

    "No, you'll be *a* judge of that, just like everyone else who reads it."
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  9. #29
    Sage
    SenorXm/Sirius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Northeast US
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    5,176

    Re: Boston cop shot in the face

    Quote Originally Posted by JANFU View Post
    We so need a sarcasm font.
    LOL.. Yes we do..
    "The school is the last expenditure upon which America should be willing to economize."~F.D.R.
    "Every time you stop a school, you will have to build a jail. What you gain at one end you lose at the other."~Mark Twain

  10. #30
    Living in Gods country


    JANFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,287

    Re: Boston cop shot in the face

    Quote Originally Posted by Schwartz View Post
    Decorated Boston police officer shot in the face - CNN.com

    This time it is hard to blame officers for being brutal. Maybe it is time to accept there is a reason behind police brutality except for deprived and immoral nature of American policemen (according to liberals). How many cases could have ended like this if officer didn't follow the instruction and shoot the suspect? I bet potential criminals' lives are less valuable than lives of law-abiding cops. Not all of them are good but attacking American police in general is a sign of anti-governmental propaganda.
    No one blamed the Officer. That statement is just plain trolling for a reaction.
    He and other Officers place their lives on the line daily.
    If my post offends you, I deeply Apple-O-Jize.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •