Page 94 of 110 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast
Results 931 to 940 of 1092

Thread: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

  1. #931
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    02-18-17 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,828

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    He's going down.

    Slager laughed about his 'adrenaline-rush' : Cop Laughed About His Adrenaline Rush After Shooting Walter Scott

    What kind of a person can laugh after shooting and killing someone?
    That's a non-issue. People often give off a nervous laugh like that under stress

  2. #932
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,686
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by Blemonds View Post
    That's a non-issue. People often give off a nervous laugh like that under stress


    If that was one of your relatives who was shot and killed I seriously doubt that you would see it as a non-issue.

  3. #933
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    02-18-17 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,828

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    If that was one of your relatives who was shot and killed I seriously doubt that you would see it as a non-issue.
    If it was one of my relatives I would be apologetic for his bad behavior

  4. #934
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,686
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by Blemonds View Post
    If it was one of my relatives I would be apologetic for his bad behavior


    Why would you apologize for Slager's bad behavior? That's his problem, which he'll have to deal with.

  5. #935
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,686
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Berate? No.
    Condescending to your arrogance declaring you did something you obviously didn't do, all in an attempt to add more credence to your argument? Yes.


    Which is your fault for trying to engage in debate without familiarizing yourself with that which came before.
    You obviously have been doing this long enough, so you must know that opens you up to being wrong.
    And yet here you were making definite statements while claiming you gave a "careful review" when none of it was true.


    This is ignoring the evidence.
    Again, it could not have come from the Officer's hands.
    The movement of the taser does not allow for it to come from either of his hands, that only allows for it to have come from the suspect. Which corresponds with the Officer's claim.

    And this is again wrong.
    The Officer was already responding to the threat the suspect was before he threw the taser and before he fled.

    And again, as previously shown, once the threat has been established the Officer can continue to respond regardless if the weapon is tossed away.


    Once the resiting and combative suspect took the taser he was such a significant threat.


    A judge and jury will make the decision in this case.

  6. #936
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    02-18-17 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,828

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    Why would you apologize for Slager's bad behavior? That's his problem, which he'll have to deal with.
    Why would you try to twist what I said? Oh, that's right. Everything has to be twisted to make Slager look as bad as possible so that this incident falls into an agenda

  7. #937
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,686
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by Blemonds View Post
    Why would you try to twist what I said? Oh, that's right.
    Everything has to be twisted to make Slager look as bad as possible
    so that this incident falls into an agenda


    How could this world-class loser look any worse than he does right now?

    Fill us in.

    Once you're sitting on the bottom that's as low as you can go.

  8. #938
    Ideologically Impure
    Simon W. Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fayettenam
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,134
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    What kind of a person can laugh after shooting and killing someone?
    People react to and handle these sorts of things in all different ways.
    I may be wrong.

  9. #939
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    03-23-17 @ 06:15 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    30,588

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina



    "Safe rule if thumb…if someone tries to tell you a cop murdered someone in broad daylight, on a public street, in front of who knows how many witnesses, with no chance in hell of getting away with it, stop and think about what it is they are asking you to believe. No doubt, there are bad cops out there, but that doesn’t mean they are stupid. Heck, even non-cop criminals know better than that for the most part, except for the ones who don’t care if they get caught."








    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    A judge and jury will make the decision in this case.

    Your comment is absurd in light of the fact that this is a debate.

    So again, as you were previously asked and didn't answer.

    You do understand that this is going to a GJ right?
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  10. #940
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    03-23-17 @ 06:15 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    30,588

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    The point is they weren't stopping a suspected rapist, murderer, armed robber, drug courier although it shouldn't matter he was. He was pulled over for a broken tail light.
    As I stated, your narrative was off. His fleeing is not over a traffic violation.
    And your current point is irrelevant to the specific circumstance of the shooting.


    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    Secondly, he wasn't unarmed at the moment the Officer started responding.
    I don't even know what that means.
    As it has been stated several times differently, you already do know what is being said.

    The suspect had the taser which made him a significant threat. The Officer was already responding to that threat when the suspect threw the taser and began fleeing.


    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    It's simple - he was RUNNING AWAY....
    And? The law allows for a firearm to be used on such a fleeing suspect..


    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    And what matters is whether he was armed when shot in the back.
    Wrong. That is not a trump card like you apparently think it is.

    What matters is the Officer's probable cause to believe he was a significant threat, as was already shown by the provided court case.
    Any reviewer of the facts, whether judge or jury, will understand that the suspect having the taser makes him a threat and the Officer's response to that threat was reasonable.


    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    You keep posting that video but it's apples and dump trucks.
    Wrong. It specifically shows the same thing, an Officer firing on an unarmed fleeing suspect.

    Again, you are arguing that the Officer in the current case is prohibited from firing on a fleeing suspect who is unarmed because the suspect being unarmed makes him a non-threat.
    If your argument held water the Officer in the video would not have been cleared because he too was firing on a fleeing suspect who was unarmed.

    If you argue that they are not the same because the suspect in the video had been a threat prior to his throwing the gun, then you also have to consider what occurred prior to the suspect fleeing in this case, which also made him a significant threat.


    And the video was provided to show that it is permissible to fire on unarmed fleeing suspect.

    Nothing you can say changes that.


    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    What threat is a guy with a tazer, which he didn't actually have, to 'the public.' None.
    This is you continuing to ignore what was previously said.
    His taking it made him a significant threat.
    It is when he had it that the Officer started responding.


    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    He's not a threat to the cop armed with a weapon and the guy running away. How's he going to taze the cop while running away. You keep mentioning the probes - yeah, that's tough to hit someone with probes running away from them.....
    This is you not understanding that a taser is a dangerous weapon that can take the life of a person, especially if used wrongly.
    And I keep mentioning probes and prongs, they are not the same. The taser can be used in either fashion.


    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    Yeah, OK, running away is a license to kill, by shooting them in the BACK. I think we understand your position.
    Emotive nonsense.

    The law allows a firearm to be used to stop significant threats from fleeing.

    If you do not like the law, lobby to get it changed.
    But it is a stupid position to think society should allow a criminal to get the best of an Officer and be able to flee with no recourse at the time.


    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    Everyone else sees a cop resorting to deadly force when it's clearly and wildly inappropriate.
    No, they don't.
    And I highly doubt you know what everyone believes.

    The fact that you would even say such nonsense just says you have no valid argument.


    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    then he's liable to see grandmas in wheelchairs armed with a fork as a significant threat, etc.
    More emotive nonsense indicative of your whole position.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

Page 94 of 110 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •