Page 88 of 110 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098 ... LastLast
Results 871 to 880 of 1099

Thread: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

  1. #871
    Sage

    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    13,161

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by Blemonds View Post
    You forgot the part about him fighting with Slager.
    I did not forget the alledged fight (even though the eyewitness denies there was one) but that is not at all of any importance. At the time of the shooting, the suspect was not any danger to the officer. He should not have shot the man, clear and simple. What is wrong is wrong, his employers understand that, a lot of experts have stated comments to that effect, he is under arrest for murder and most logically there is no evidence that the shooting took place because of a struggle about a taser.

    In fact evidence suggests that Slager was using his taser so how could it be that a presumed struggle over an already deployed taser could be the reason for shooting someone in the back 8 times when that person was running away from the officer. The supreme court has already decided that there has to be a danger element to the officer or others to justify such a shooting and no matter what nonsense people throw at this issue, it does not change the images on the video which show a cop executing/slaughtering someone who was no danger to him or anybody else.
    #StayStrongAppie

  2. #872
    Sage

    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    13,161

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    There was no staging of a scene.
    Your claim is nothing more than evidnce of convoluted thoughts.


    And again, you are assuming he took the taser.
    Secondly, if it was the taser, it is procedure to secure it. How that is accomplished is irrelevant.
    Finally, suggesting that his taking it, (when it is procedure to secure it) away from the area it was used indicates some kind of malfeasance, is just showing the claimant is ignorant of procedure, and ignorant of the fact that the taser cartridge shoots out id tags to establish and mark were it was used.



    Your comment is irrelevant as well as counter to the position you already professed.
    Execution is not manslaughter.
    So all you are doing is showing you are purposely and obnoxiously making false claims.
    And of course the reasons for such nonsense do not speak well of the person making such claims.



    What lie?
    Saying he is lying is a lie in itself.
    So again, what lie?
    Prove there is a lie.



    Again showing you do not understand the sequence of events.
    Do you not understand that this happened prior to what we see in the video?
    Please tell me you didn't so I can laugh even harder.


    Your comment just shows you choose to ignore the evidence and are ignorant of the sequence of events.


    What an absurd comment.
    1. If it malfunctioned a malfunction may not be attributable to the Officer.
    2. It was used while the suspect was resisting both probes may not have landed properly.

    But of course to someone who is absurdly biased, it has to be the Officer's fault.
    Your comment was lame and truly paints you as a non-objective and significantly biased person.


    No one has been able to show he lied at any point.
    Yet here you are continuing to make the same false claim.

    Back up what you say.
    Prove he lied.


    Your narrative is spin.
    In reality he was fighting a cop who was doing his job.
    That fighting makes him violent.

    And lets not forget his previous police encounter in 1987 either.
    Walter Scott was jailed for assault and battery in 1987 and shoved a deputy when he was arrested
    Walter Scott was jailed for assault and battery in 1987 | Daily Mail Online

    Here he was fighting another person and then pushed a cop doing his job.
    Some people never learn.


    And don't try to claim he ran because he was fearful of the Officer. That would be nonsense.

    He took off while his information was being checked, not because he feared the Officer.
    That is indicative of another narrative.

    He took off for another unknown reason that he thought was serious enough to run from law enforcement.
    This whole nonsense story just reminds me of a song text of Rage against the Machine:

    When ignorance reigns, life is lost, lost!

    And I am sorry because I do not want to insult anyone, but if you defend the actions of this police officer than you are ignoring reason and reasonablity in a manner that is just mindboggling.

    The supreme court is clear, only in case of danger is the officer allowed to use deadly force, and a running away unarmed suspect of a broken tail light is not a danger. No matter what nonsense you post here, it just isn't. What, the black back of the suspect running away from him was so threatening that he needed to execute him? Sorry, that is nonsense. The man was no danger, there was no reasonable reason to even draw the weapon let alone shoot to kill.

    And a 28 year old case in which the man pushed an officer is proof for a violent man stop making this case even more ridiculous from the apologist side as it already is.

    This police officer will see his day in court, and if you get your wish he will be found not guilty, if it goes like I think it will go down he will be sentenced for the unlawful taking of Walter Scott's life.

    We can keep posting this "yes" and "no" game for another 100 pages but you are determined to say that the police officer did shoot him legally and I will never see it that way. It is that way and no other way so I do not think me yet again pointing to the facts (which you keep disputing even though they are for all to see) is going to help.
    #StayStrongAppie

  3. #873
    Guru

    cAPSLOCK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Dallas Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,879
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Appeals to authority are nonsense.
    Especially as the underlined standard was gotten wrong. It is not an immediate threat that is required.
    You are wrong. The police officer that wrote that piece is right. You are even in the vast minority for right leaning people (like myself). I defended the cop in the Ferguson event. Still do. This one is different. WAY different.

    Both men in this tragedy did something wrong. Scott ran from and MAY HAVE struggled with a policeman. Slager shot a fleeing Scott in the back and killed him unnecessarily, and I believe the court will find him in the wrong.

  4. #874
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:45 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,686

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    This whole nonsense story just reminds me of a song text of Rage against the Machine:

    When ignorance reigns, life is lost, lost!
    Hey, that sounds just like your babblings.


    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    And I am sorry because I do not want to insult anyone, but if you defend the actions of this police officer than you are ignoring reason and reasonablity in a manner that is just mindboggling.
    You are the one ignoring reason and reasonability here.
    All your assumptions and false claims show just that.


    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    The supreme court is clear, only in case of danger is the officer allowed to use deadly force, and a running away unarmed suspect of a broken tail light is not a danger.
    Your understanding of what the SCOTUS held is flawed.


    Again;
    We conclude that such force may not be used unless it is necessary to prevent the escape and the officer has probable cause to believe that the suspect poses a significant threat of death or serious physical injury to the officer or others.


    Had you bothered to take the time to read the case you would have read the following dicta in relevance to the holding.
    Where the officer has probable cause to believe that the suspect poses a threat of serious physical harm, either to the officer or to others, it is not constitutionally unreasonable to prevent escape by using deadly force. Thus, if the suspect threatens the officer with a weapon or there is probable cause to believe that he has committed a crime involving the infliction or threatened infliction of serious physical harm, deadly force may be used if necessary to prevent escape, and if, where feasible, some warning has been given.”


    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    No matter what nonsense you post here, it just isn't.

    You are the one posting nonsense and not addressing what has been provided.


    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    The man was no danger, there was no reasonable reason to even draw the weapon let alone shoot to kill.
    Wrong. The suspect was threat at the moment the Officer started responding.
    Yet you continually ignore that.


    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    And a 28 year old case in which the man pushed an officer is proof for a violent man stop making this case even more ridiculous from the apologist side as it already is.

    Look at you conveniently trying to avoid the fact that it was about him fighting, which is violence.


    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    We can keep posting this "yes" and "no" game for another 100 pages but you are determined to say that the police officer did shoot him legally and I will never see it that way. It is that way and no other way so I do not think me yet again pointing to the facts (which you keep disputing even though they are for all to see) is going to help.
    Your rantings are non responsive to the information provided.
    Which just shows everybody that you have no real argument.
    Last edited by Excon; 04-12-15 at 09:28 AM.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  5. #875
    Professor
    finebead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,505

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    So you have absolutely no answer.
    There is no "they" that did anything.
    Of course, Slager shot and killed Scott.


    Quote Originally Posted by Excon
    Also, did you not see the video I provided? The Officer was shooting at a fleeing suspect who already discarded his weapon.
    According to you, that means he was no longer a threat, yet he was cleared of any wrong doing.
    His being a significant threat didn't change simply because he discarded his weapon.
    I did, and it does not apply in this case. Your suspect HAD a gun, he had fired it at people so he clearly posed a significant threat to the community, and he had it on him when he started running. He threw the gun away during the chase, did the officer see that while he was aiming at the suspect, probably not, or one could make that case. None of that applies in the case of Mr. Scott. He was not armed, he had not been a threat to the community, and he was not a threat to Slager. Totally different ball of wax.


    Quote Originally Posted by Excon
    Never said it wasn't.

    Yet it is still a weapon that can cause "serious physical injury" and incapacitate the Officer, which would enabling the suspect to take the Officers firearm. That makes him a significant threat as soon as he took it.
    But he ceased to be a significant threat when he dropped the taser.

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon
    Two things.
    1. You are wrong. It takes hardly anytime to reload another cartridge. And as we can tell from the available videos, he used/or lost his secondary cartridge in the fray.
    2. You are wrong. The taser does not need to be reloaded to be used. It has it's prongs. I provided an image of it earlier. Look at it.
    If the taser can be reloaded in hardly any time, then Slager should have reloaded it and run down Scott. Scott was 50 and not fast. Prongs are useless 20 ft. away, even if Scott had the taser, which he did not. Slager immediately went back and picked up the taser so he knew where it was, and it was not with Scott when Slager shot Scott.

    Wrong and a lame argument in light of what has already been provided and said.

    The Officer was already in the process of responding to the threat prior to the threat leaving and prior to the threat throwing the weapon.
    What a wrong and lame argument, as all the experts have stated. Scott never fired anything at anyone, he dropped the taser and ran away.

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon
    iLOL

    Your appeal to authority is noted and dismissed for the logical fallacy it is.
    And your appeal to authority is even more funny when you consider how many of the so-called authority's were wrong in the Zimmerman case.

    Just like the Zimmerman case, none of the so-called experts have reviewed the evidence closely enough to render any meaningful opinion.
    All you really see from these is what you noted, emotive responses. Not logical ones.
    In the Zimmerman case there was no video to review. There was a great deal of speculation until the trial, and I was not a participant in the speculation, I waited for the trial to see all the evidence. But now we have a video and authoritative experts can give a much more sound analysis and yes, I do give them much more credence than I give you, since they state their experience and qualifications and you don't.


    Quote Originally Posted by Excon
    While Geraldo Rivera has a JD, he really isn't an expert, but he at least he gave the Officer the benefit of the doubt without a careful examination of the video and realized that the Officer was already responding to the threat. He was as sure as I am that murder is inappropriate and believed some type of manslaughter was warranted.
    So, this is different than the video you posted, as you believe some type of manslaughter is warranted.

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon
    Appearances. It sure nipped the BGI in the bud. No massive local protestors, looting, damages, disruptions and all cost associated with them.
    Firing Slager was more than appearances, it was based on an evaluation of the video evidence available and a judgement about the incorrectness of Slager's action. You don't fire a man who is clearly in the right just to appease the community. Your opinion is so incomplete that it is wrong.

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon
    Because? No.
    The suspect was a significant threat at the moment the Officer was responding.
    No, the suspect was never a significant threat.

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon
    iLOL D'oh!
    That was a statement of fact, not an assumption.
    To state that there is a difference between murder and manslaughter is a fact. For you to think that you need to tell me that is an assumption that I don't know the difference, and there you are wrong.

  6. #876
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:45 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,686

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by cAPSLOCK View Post
    You are wrong.
    No I am not. He is wrong.
    That is not what the Court concluded.

    As I posted right after your post.
    Again;
    We conclude that such force may not be used unless it is necessary to prevent the escape and the officer has probable cause to believe that the suspect poses a significant threat of death or serious physical injury to the officer or others.


    Had you bothered to take the time to read the case you would have read the following dicta in relevance to the holding.
    Where the officer has probable cause to believe that the suspect poses a threat of serious physical harm, either to the officer or to others, it is not constitutionally unreasonable to prevent escape by using deadly force. Thus, if the suspect threatens the officer with a weapon or there is probable cause to believe that he has committed a crime involving the infliction or threatened infliction of serious physical harm, deadly force may be used if necessary to prevent escape, and if, where feasible, some warning has been given.”
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  7. #877
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    02-18-17 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,828

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by beefheart View Post
    Fact, the coward Slager shot a fleeing unarmed man in the back. Too bad that makes you happy, the normal world reacted with disgust and anger.
    Interesting how you have to make things up in order to present an argument

  8. #878
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    02-18-17 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,828

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by beefheart View Post
    A 50 yr old man with no weapon running away when you are the only cop there and there is another person in the car, running away is no threat. Killing him did nothing to lower the crime rate.
    Was he also not a threat when he fought with Slager the first time?

  9. #879
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    02-18-17 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,828

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    The facts are that this cops fate will be decided by a judge and jury.
    Unless the grand jury does not indict

  10. #880
    Ideologically Impure
    Simon W. Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fayettenam
    Last Seen
    07-22-17 @ 10:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,316
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    You may wish to carefully consider how much energy you expend engaging Excon.
    His posts have a formidable logic and unassailable facts which are all their own.
    The special pleading is powerful with this one.

    I may be wrong.

Page 88 of 110 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •