Page 84 of 110 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast
Results 831 to 840 of 1099

Thread: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

  1. #831
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    05-23-17 @ 06:23 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,018

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Others elsewhere have speculated that perhaps when the suspect took the taser he was able to shoot the Officer with it and that the taser lead we see in the following image may be going into the Officers vest.
    I dismissed that without any other information to support it.


    Then they speculated that the other lead may have gone into his leg because of his weird leg position in the following image.
    Again, I dismiss such without any other information to support such speculation.



    Now we have this image which shows the same leg that the taser lead followed down in the above image, but with the pants leg up.


    We can also see what appears to be a bottle on the edge of the trunk (sanitizer?).

    This could be treating an injury from the scuffle, or an injury from a taser probe entry.

    If the suspect fired the taser at him, this will change many a person's view on what happened.


    You may also note that his taser is in it's holster but without the additional cartridge one would find in it's handle.
    Last edited by Excon; 04-12-15 at 01:51 AM.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  2. #832
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    05-23-17 @ 06:23 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,018

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by beefheart View Post
    Cowards shoot people in the back when they are running away.
    No.
    Especially not when they are a threat.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  3. #833
    Winged Eel Fingerling
    beefheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The burning sands of the desert southwest.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,156

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    No.
    Especially not when they are a threat.
    A 50 yr old man with no weapon running away when you are the only cop there and there is another person in the car, running away is no threat. Killing him did nothing to lower the crime rate.
    "Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

  4. #834
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    05-23-17 @ 06:23 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,018

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    I'm actually curious about that whole thing...

    How did we get to this point where it was considered acceptable for police officers to shoot fleeing suspects if they "were considered a threat"?

    It seems...extreme.

    Yet also possibly necessary, in the right circumstances.

    Are the determining factors we instruct police officers to use too broad?
    I think the underlined explains it and why the Officer is given that discretion.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  5. #835
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    05-23-17 @ 06:23 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,018

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by beefheart View Post
    A 50 yr old man with no weapon running away when you are the only cop there and there is another person in the car, running away is no threat. Killing him did nothing to lower the crime rate.
    And again. At the moment the Officer began responding the suspect had the taser and was a significant threat.
    And as also pointed out earlier, the Officer may not have seen him toss it down while responding to it.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  6. #836
    Winged Eel Fingerling
    beefheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The burning sands of the desert southwest.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,156

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    And again. At the moment the Officer began responding the suspect had the taser and was a significant threat.
    And as also pointed out earlier, the Officer may not have seen him toss it down while responding to it.
    And again, any cop that shoots an unarmed fleeing suspect in the back, is a freaking coward and a murderer.

    He was no threat to anyone running away with nothing in his hand. What do you not get about that?
    "Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

  7. #837
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    05-23-17 @ 06:23 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,018

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by beefheart View Post
    And again, any cop that shoots an unarmed fleeing suspect in the back, is a freaking coward and a murderer.

    He was no threat to anyone running away with nothing in his hand. What do you not get about that?
    And again you are wrong.
    All you are doing is speaking convoluted emotive nonsense.


    As already shown, an Officer is allowed to shoot at an unarmed significant threat who is fleeing. Watch the provided video.

    As already shown, the Officer in this case was already responding to such a threat. Under the above example an Officer can continue his response even if he knew the weapon had been released by the suspect.
    So again, had he not known the taser had been released his continued response was more than justified as reasonable.
    You can't change the facts. But you can admit that your expressions are nothing more than emotionally driven.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  8. #838
    Winged Eel Fingerling
    beefheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The burning sands of the desert southwest.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,156

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    And again you are wrong.
    All you are doing is speaking convoluted emotive nonsense.


    As already shown, an Officer is allowed to shoot at an unarmed significant threat who is fleeing. Watch the provided video.

    As already shown, the Officer in this case was already responding to such a threat. Under the above example an Officer can continue his response even if he knew the weapon had been released by the suspect.
    So again, had he not known the taser had been released his continued response was more than justified as reasonable.
    You can't change the facts. But you can admit that your expressions are nothing more than emotionally driven.
    Fact: He shot 8 times at a fleeing suspect who was unarmed

    Please dispute that.

    BS traffic stop, cop planting evidence and lying on his report.
    "Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

  9. #839
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,945
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    And again you are wrong.
    All you are doing is speaking convoluted emotive nonsense.


    As already shown, an Officer is allowed to shoot at an unarmed significant threat who is fleeing. Watch the provided video.

    As already shown, the Officer in this case was already responding to such a threat. Under the above example an Officer can continue his response even if he knew the weapon had been released by the suspect.
    So again, had he not known the taser had been released his continued response was more than justified as reasonable.
    You can't change the fact
    s.
    But you can admit that your expressions are nothing more than emotionally driven.


    The facts are that this cops fate will be decided by a judge and jury.

  10. #840
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    05-23-17 @ 06:23 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,018

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    The facts are that this cops fate will be decided by a judge and jury.

    Those are not the facts we are speaking about.
    You do understand that this is going to a GJ right?
    Last edited by Excon; 04-12-15 at 02:32 AM.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

Page 84 of 110 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •