Page 83 of 110 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast
Results 821 to 830 of 1092

Thread: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

  1. #821
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    46,761

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Who is this this "they" you speak of?



    Wrong.
    He was a significant threat the moment he took the Officer's taser.



    For your perusal.
    Here we have a video of an Officer shooting at a fleeing suspect four more times after the suspect threw the gun he had. And the Officer knew he threw it.
    He was still considered a threat.
    That is what the law allows.



    Those two things are not the same.
    Yes, we're aware that the law allows the police to murder people sometimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Well, certainly the customer is not an N-word.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You know her?

  2. #822
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    12-04-16 @ 12:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,828

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by cAPSLOCK View Post
    Things Slager may have done are alleged according to you.



    But you seem certain about this.

    You are biased. But you are unable to admit it.

    One thing I'm willing to bet on. A court of law will find Slager guilty and he will pay for his crime. It's tragic, really.
    We know that Scott ran, resisted arrest. We also know that he fought with Slager. We have video and eyewitness accounts. But we don't know what Slager picked up and dropped or why. Those are the facts

  3. #823
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    12-04-16 @ 12:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,828

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Irrelevant.

    He was clearly not a threat when shot.
    Not a threat to you, because you weren't there. But Slager was there and had to asses the situation in short order

  4. #824
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    01-14-17 @ 11:57 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    29,413

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Yes, we're aware that the law allows the police to murder people sometimes.
    What a lame reply.
    A legal killing is not murder.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle

  5. #825
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    01-14-17 @ 11:57 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    29,413

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    Still ignoring the evidence,

    No. As already shown, it is you who are ignoring the evidnce and making things up.


    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    threads from the taser into the victim, not the cop.
    And? Why are you not paying attention?

    Just why do you think this matters?


    Everybody but you apparently knows that the taser was discharged prior to what we see.
    Why do you not understand this?
    They were on the ground struggling. But you again do not seem to understand that.
    You just continue to ignore the sequence of events.


    Had you bothered to pay attention, this lead (leads?) actually travels down to the suspect's ankle area.
    But of course you ignore that in your rush to judgment.




    And to not understand that those leads would have gotten tangled around both of them as the suspect fought the Officer on the ground, is showing a person who doesn't understand or doesn't know the sequence of event.


    The lead (leads) which can be seen above, appears to travel over the Officer's arm and then down to what appears to be the used cartridge by his feet.



    And had you paid attention to the video you would have seen what appears to be the cartridge being dragged by the fleeing suspect.


    Your focus on this is irrelevant, as clearly you do not understand it's relevance.


    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    Still does not change a frigging thing,
    As that is what it is, of course it can not change reality, but it does show you to be wrong.


    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    even if you were right and the dead man threw the taser (even though zero evidence supports that) that would weaken the officers case.
    And this is where you are again wrong.
    The moment he grabbed the taser he became a significant threat. The Officer is already responding to this threat prior to it being thrown. That is a major point and does not weaken his case at all, but actually supports it.


    Review the video provided to finebead. The Officer continues to fire on a fleeing suspect after he throws his weapon and was cleared because the suspect established himself as a significant threat.
    So maybe you should brush up your understanding of the law and of what is and is not permissible.


    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    The facts still remain the same:
    Yes the facts as I showed them to you remain the same and are not going to change.
    What you do not have though are facts as you absurdly claim.


    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    1. running man with nothing in his hands
    2. considerable distance from the officer with his back turned to the officer when the officer started shooting
    3. there was no legal basis for this shooting
    4. you are wrong, your so called evidence says nothing. The video I posted showed the threads from the officer towards the dead man. You have nothing.
    1. Not a fact. An assumption.
    2. Ignores the fact that the Officer was already in the process of responding to the threat he made himself prior to his fleeing.
    3. Again not a fact as there clearly is legal basis. He was a significant threat the moment he took the taser.

    4. More non-facts.
    As for the video.. iLOL And? You do not seem to understand what it shows (as already shown) or it's significance.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle

  6. #826
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    01-14-17 @ 11:57 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    29,413

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    It is not procedure to stage the crime scene,
    There was no staging of a scene.
    Your claim is nothing more than evidnce of convoluted thoughts.


    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    he took the taser from the spot the officer dropped it, from what one can see threw it towards the suspect and later picked it up.
    And again, you are assuming he took the taser.
    Secondly, if it was the taser, it is procedure to secure it. How that is accomplished is irrelevant.
    Finally, suggesting that his taking it, (when it is procedure to secure it) away from the area it was used indicates some kind of malfeasance, is just showing the claimant is ignorant of procedure, and ignorant of the fact that the taser cartridge shoots out id tags to establish and mark were it was used.


    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    There was nothing to secure at the spot mr. Scott was executed at.
    Your comment is irrelevant as well as counter to the position you already professed.
    Execution is not manslaughter.
    So all you are doing is showing you are purposely and obnoxiously making false claims.
    And of course the reasons for such nonsense do not speak well of the person making such claims.



    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    Yet more evidence of the lies of mr. Slager.
    What lie?
    Saying he is lying is a lie in itself.
    So again, what lie?
    Prove there is a lie.


    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    TASER TASER TASER

    Is what officer Slager shouted according to the LA times on the dashcam video.

    And they noted that when Slager shouted, "Taser! Taser! Taser!" it meant he was about to use the non-lethal weapon.
    'Taser! Taser! Taser!' a possible clue in dashboard camera video - LA Times

    Again showing you do not understand the sequence of events.
    Do you not understand that this happened prior to what we see in the video?
    Please tell me you didn't so I can laugh even harder.


    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    He was using his taser ... and then he just went for his gun and shot the guy dead.
    Your comment just shows you choose to ignore the evidence and are ignorant of the sequence of events.


    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    but must have done it piss poor
    What an absurd comment.
    1. If it malfunctioned a malfunction may not be attributable to the Officer.
    2. It was used while the suspect was resisting both probes may not have landed properly.

    But of course to someone who is absurdly biased, it has to be the Officer's fault.
    Your comment was lame and truly paints you as a non-objective and significantly biased person.


    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    And his false statements also remain evidence.
    No one has been able to show he lied at any point.
    Yet here you are continuing to make the same false claim.

    Back up what you say.
    Prove he lied.


    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    Pulling away from an officer you fear is going to hurt is not the same thing as being a violent criminal.
    Your narrative is spin.
    In reality he was fighting a cop who was doing his job.
    That fighting makes him violent.

    And lets not forget his previous police encounter in 1987 either.
    Walter Scott was jailed for assault and battery in 1987 and shoved a deputy when he was arrested
    Walter Scott was jailed for assault and battery in 1987 | Daily Mail Online

    Here he was fighting another person and then pushed a cop doing his job.
    Some people never learn.


    And don't try to claim he ran because he was fearful of the Officer. That would be nonsense.

    He took off while his information was being checked, not because he feared the Officer.
    That is indicative of another narrative.

    He took off for another unknown reason that he thought was serious enough to run from law enforcement.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle

  7. #827
    Winged Eel Fingerling
    beefheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The burning sands of the desert southwest.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    15,341

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by Blemonds View Post
    We know that Scott ran, resisted arrest. We also know that he fought with Slager. We have video and eyewitness accounts. But we don't know what Slager picked up and dropped or why. Those are the facts
    Fact, the coward Slager shot a fleeing unarmed man in the back. Too bad that makes you happy, the normal world reacted with disgust and anger.
    Ich habe schon Pferde vor der Apotheke kotzen sehen.

  8. #828
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    01-14-17 @ 11:57 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    29,413

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by beefheart View Post
    Fact, the coward Slager shot a fleeing unarmed man in the back. Too bad that makes you happy, the normal world reacted with disgust and anger.
    Not fact. Just convoluted imaginative biased nonsense.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle

  9. #829
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,421

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Wrong.
    He was a significant threat the moment he took the Officer's taser.



    For your perusal.
    Here we have a video of an Officer shooting at a fleeing suspect four more times after the suspect threw the gun he had. And the Officer knew he threw it.
    He was still considered a threat.
    That is what the law allows.
    I'm actually curious about that whole thing...

    How did we get to this point where it was considered acceptable for police officers to shoot fleeing suspects if they "were considered a threat"?

    It seems...extreme.

    Yet also possibly necessary, in the right circumstances.

    Are the determining factors we instruct police officers to use too broad?
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  10. #830
    Winged Eel Fingerling
    beefheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The burning sands of the desert southwest.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    15,341

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Not fact. Just convoluted imaginative biased nonsense.
    Cowards shoot people in the back when they are running away.
    Ich habe schon Pferde vor der Apotheke kotzen sehen.

Page 83 of 110 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •