Page 73 of 110 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast
Results 721 to 730 of 1099

Thread: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

  1. #721
    Bat Chain Puller
    beefheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The burning sands of the desert southwest.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,658

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by Blemonds View Post
    Cops generally keep firing. They don't aim for the knee or the shoulder, they aim for center body mass and they fire repeatedly.
    A cop shooting an unarmed man, running away, in the back is murder. No matter what you say. The video proves it. Add in the planting of evidence, and lying on the report about CPR, this cop is going to prison.
    "Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

  2. #722
    Guru

    cAPSLOCK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Dallas Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,882
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by ggwilder View Post
    IMO the cop and his accomplice, a black officer who stood by and watched, should not only be arrested but should get the death penalty. There's no way around this, that cop shot an unarmed fleeing for his life man. This was murder.
    The second officer to arrive is not an accomplice. He shows up well after the victim is down, and cuffed. If he is guilty of anything it is being stunned by what he found.

  3. #723
    Sage
    Crosscheck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:28 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,189

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by cAPSLOCK View Post
    The second officer to arrive is not an accomplice. He shows up well after the victim is down, and cuffed. If he is guilty of anything it is being stunned by what he found.
    That is quite true. He didn't have the liberty of watching the video like the rest of us and is probably being fed a story of lies from the first policeman.

  4. #724
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    02-18-17 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,828

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Yeah, he'll get murder 2, just my guess.

    A cop is expected to have some self-control. At least enough not to be judge, jury, and executioner. He very calmly drew and fired. You can see it in the video. The man fleeing was no immediate lethal thread...* and he knew it.*.

    A civilian cannot just go around 'killing people in the heat of the moment' without suffering severe legal consequences. Cops, with more training for dealing with stress, should be held to a higher standard.

    Just like the cops in NYC that shot several bystanders while trying to apprehend a suspect. If a civilian carrying had done the same to prevent a crime....they'd be in jail for life. Not so the cops.
    If they charge him with murder two, he will stand a chance to walk

  5. #725
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    02-18-17 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,828

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by ggwilder View Post
    IMO the cop and his accomplice, a black officer who stood by and watched, should not only be arrested but should get the death penalty. There's no way around this, that cop shot an unarmed fleeing for his life man. This was murder.
    The unarmed man wasn't fleeing for his life. He was a criminal with an apparent outstanding warrant fleeing arrest

  6. #726
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    02-18-17 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,828

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    There is no evidence Scott was a violent criminal, in fact he had no violent criminal record at all.

    And murder charges may stick, if for no other reason than the officer knowing that what he did was illegal and that he took actions to justifiy his shooting (or so it really looks like) by moving the taser and picking it up next to the body of Scott.
    When you flee from an officer and then physically engage him, you are a violent criminal

  7. #727
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    02-18-17 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,828

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by beefheart View Post
    A cop shooting an unarmed man, running away, in the back is murder. No matter what you say. The video proves it. Add in the planting of evidence, and lying on the report about CPR, this cop is going to prison.
    He may go to prison, but I doubt if for murder. That would actually be a miscarriage of justice. And the planting of evidence charge may amount to another "hands up, don't shoot" situation. That hasn't actually been demonstrated yet

  8. #728
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    07-22-17 @ 02:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    21,098

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by Blemonds View Post
    When you flee from an officer and then physically engage him, you are a violent criminal
    That is a lie.

    Innocent until proven guilty.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  9. #729
    Sage

    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    13,175

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by Blemonds View Post
    When you flee from an officer and then physically engage him, you are a violent criminal
    Well, when you shoot an unarmed, non-threatening suspect dead with 8 bullets to the back from a good distance, you are a murderer.
    #StayStrongAppie

  10. #730
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    02-18-17 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,828

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    That is a lie.

    Innocent until proven guilty.
    Innocent under the law doesn't mean you aren't a criminal. Committing the crime makes you a criminal. If you steal $100 from your neighbor and nobody ever knows you did it, you're still a criminal. So the accusation of lying is debunked

Page 73 of 110 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •