Page 71 of 110 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast
Results 701 to 710 of 1099

Thread: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

  1. #701
    Guru

    cAPSLOCK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Dallas Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,916
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Well, don't run. Pretty simple. You have warrants, man up and comply.
    I am sorry. You are wrong here.

    It is true he should not run from the cop. That's a misdemeanor. But that misdemeanor does not justify murder, which is a capital offense.

    Running was wrong. But it pales to nothing in the face of cold blooded murder. Without some serious new evidence it is my sincere hope the shooter gets the maximum penalty. And I hope justice is swift.

  2. #702
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    02-18-17 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,828

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    With the new information coming out, it's very unlikely that Slager will be tried for murder. At the least, he will be reinstated but reassigned to an office job. He'll likely remain fired and may be ultimately tried for manslaughter, but the shooting does not rise to the level of murder. Either way, I'd love to be any jury if there is a trial.

  3. #703
    Ideologically Impure
    Simon W. Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fayettenam
    Last Seen
    09-09-17 @ 11:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,426
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by Blemonds View Post
    With the new information coming out, it's very unlikely that Slager will be tried for murder.
    What new information?
    Can you link to it?
    I may be wrong.

  4. #704
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    02-18-17 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,828

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon W. Moon View Post
    What new information?
    Can you link to it?
    "Santana told NBC's Lester Holt on Wednesday that he saw the two men struggling on the ground.

    "They were down on the (ground) ... before I started recording," Santana said."

    That puts the shooting "in the heat of the moment" which doesn't rise to the level of murder. It means that due to a physical fight with a violent criminal, Slager made a bad decision in the heat of the moment. If they charge him with murder and don't allow for the lesser charge, he'll likely be acquitted and walk

  5. #705
    Guru

    cAPSLOCK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Dallas Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,916
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by solletica View Post
    To qualify as a "hater", one must be hatin' on real people, not SC cops.
    No.. That's hate right there. Exactly. I know because I've done it myself... Feels good doesn't it. Kinda. It usually feels justified too.

  6. #706
    Sage
    SenorXm/Sirius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Northeast US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,864

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by Blemonds View Post
    "Santana told NBC's Lester Holt on Wednesday that he saw the two men struggling on the ground.

    "They were down on the (ground) ... before I started recording," Santana said."

    That puts the shooting "in the heat of the moment" which doesn't rise to the level of murder. It means that due to a physical fight with a violent criminal, Slager made a bad decision in the heat of the moment. If they charge him with murder and don't allow for the lesser charge, he'll likely be acquitted and walk
    No, it still very possible it won't be looked at as 'heat of the moment'. The guy was 20 feet away and running away from Slager. He was no threat to Slager. PLUS then Slager calmly and purposely planted evidence.
    "Big or small, I don't like rabbits. They always look like they're about to say something, but they never do."
    Raj Koothrappali

  7. #707
    Guru

    cAPSLOCK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Dallas Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,916
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by solletica View Post
    You can't--rush is your prophet, as is the case w/all conservatives.
    As wrong as you are... this still made me laugh.

  8. #708
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    02-18-17 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,828

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by SenorXm/Sirius View Post
    No, it still very possible it won't be looked at as 'heat of the moment'. The guy was 20 feet away and running away from Slager. He was no threat to Slager. PLUS then Slager calmly and purposely planted evidence.
    He was 20 feet away when he was killed but he was right up next to the officer when the video started which was right after the two got up from the ground after fighting

  9. #709
    Sage
    SenorXm/Sirius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Northeast US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,864

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by Blemonds View Post
    He was 20 feet away when he was killed but he was right up next to the officer when the video started which was right after the two got up from the ground after fighting
    He was 20 feet away when the cop started shooting. 8 times. IMO that's not heat of the moment. And again, then he calmly planted evidence.
    "Big or small, I don't like rabbits. They always look like they're about to say something, but they never do."
    Raj Koothrappali

  10. #710
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    02-18-17 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,828

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by SenorXm/Sirius View Post
    He was 20 feet away when the cop started shooting. 8 times. IMO that's not heat of the moment. And again, then he calmly planted evidence.
    That distance was gained in mere seconds after the fight where both parties were down on the ground, so yes, it was a bad decision in the heat of the moment. And it hasn't been established that any evidence was planted

Page 71 of 110 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •