Page 70 of 110 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast
Results 691 to 700 of 1092

Thread: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

  1. #691
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,830

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Just send this sucker to Ferguson as a cop with a cap gun. Let's see how he does.
    "I believe that man will not merely endure: he will prevail. He is immortal, not because he alone among creatures has an inexhaustible voice, but because he has a soul, a spirit capable of compassion and sacrifice and endurance." William Faulkner

  2. #692
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,477

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    I am sure according to your true beliefs, that it must be true. as neither a republican or a democrat, I can tell you it seems about the same to me, surely not "9 times" in either direction.


    you "the right wingerz r teh lairz"

    me "seems from my libertarian viewpoint the repulicans and democrats lie about the same, and often"


    but hey, 9 times man republicans must lie 9 times as much. Are you for real? /facepalm




    I gave you the evidence, if you want to suggest that because they have "fact" in thier name that makes it so, there is nothing I can do to change your naivety on the matter.


    Your sig is funny.

    You gave "evidence"? Hardly. An op-ed piece written by a well known right-winger who wrote for the national review is hardly "evidence". Be that as it may....I've heard the same rhetoric from people on all sides of the spectrum. I, absolutely, am left-wing. I don't try to attempt to hide my biases by adopting labels to somehow try to make it seem as if I have no bias, like some try to do. I also recognize that there is left-wing propaganda and there is right-wing propaganda. But to try to pidgoen-hole politifact as a biased liberal shill is a joke. I don't always agree with politifact, but they are one of the most credible sites out there. Sorry.

  3. #693
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,557

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Has it ever occurred to you that perhaps the reason why Politifact issues more "pants on fire" to Republicans than Democrats is because maybe....just maybe.....Republicans tend to tell more lies?



    I'm sure that you probably wouldn't give that any consideration and would dismiss anything that doesn't fit your right-wing world view.


    Sorry....but politifact calls it and disses on left-wing as well as right-wing. You can dismiss them all you want it doesn't change the facts.
    Just to point out the flaws in the research..

    First.. they researched selected the articles..
    University of Minnesota political science professor Eric Ostermeier did an analysis of 511 selected PolitiFact stories issued from January 2010 through January 2011. He said "PolitiFact has generally devoted an equal amount of time analyzing Republicans (191 statements, 50.4 percent) as they have Democrats (179 stories, 47.2 percent)..." Republican officeholders were considered by Politifact to have made substantially more "false" or "pants on fire" statements than their Democratic counterparts
    Secondly.. Politifact decides what stories they wish to do...

    So the fact that they do about the same republican vs democrat is meaningless.. If they have a liberal bias.. they could simply print republican stories that were "pants on fire".. to show that republicans were false.. and they could choose democrat stories that "were true".. in order to show democrats were more truthful.

  4. #694
    Winged Eel Fingerling
    beefheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The burning sands of the desert southwest.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    15,366

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Any cop that pulls people over because their middle brake light is out is just looking to fill a ticket quota.
    Ich habe schon Pferde vor der Apotheke kotzen sehen.

  5. #695
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:57 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    21,069

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by beefheart View Post
    Any cop that pulls people over because their middle brake light is out is just looking to fill a ticket quota.
    I disagree. Courtesy. I've been pulled for it and didn't get a ticket. Was quite happy. It IS a road hazard. Just like driving without 2 headlights.
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  6. #696
    Winged Eel Fingerling
    beefheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The burning sands of the desert southwest.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    15,366

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    I disagree. Courtesy. I've been pulled for it and didn't get a ticket. Was quite happy. It IS a road hazard. Just like driving without 2 headlights.
    No it isn't. Third brake lights are relatively new. We survived without them. Cop just looking for a reason to write a ticket.
    Ich habe schon Pferde vor der Apotheke kotzen sehen.

  7. #697
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:57 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    21,069

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by beefheart View Post
    No it isn't. Third brake lights are relatively new. We survived without them. Cop just looking for a reason to write a ticket.
    Sure it is. Required on all vehicles after 1986. Why? Because it increases visibility from the rear. Sure. It is minor. But it is important.
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  8. #698
    Sage
    SenorXm/Sirius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Northeast US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    5,191

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by cAPSLOCK View Post
    Then I hope he fights it and loses.
    So do I, but with everything going against him he'd do himself a lot of good if he pleas out. If someone is on his Jury, and sees that video, PLUS adds in all his lies, there's no way he's walking. He should just plea to a reduced sentence and get it over with.
    "The school is the last expenditure upon which America should be willing to economize."~F.D.R.
    "Every time you stop a school, you will have to build a jail. What you gain at one end you lose at the other."~Mark Twain

  9. #699
    Sage

    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,635

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    Sure it is. Required on all vehicles after 1986. Why? Because it increases visibility from the rear. Sure. It is minor. But it is important.
    And it's the law. It has to be there so it should be there. Now if someone could fix the light on the spot then maybe I would be willing to let the driver get off with a warning but that is all down to the police officer and whether he believes the light just broke. Because it is everybody's duty to check the lights regularly to make sure this kind of a thing does not happen.

    I make it a habit to stop and inform people if one of their lights is broken. Even if I have to drive to that person on a parking lot and it's costing me some time. I would like it if people warned me my light is broken so I could do something about it and avoid causing a hazard/getting a ticket.
    Wilders is a piece of gutter trash, a gutless populist who has no morality to speak of.

  10. #700
    Winged Eel Fingerling
    beefheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The burning sands of the desert southwest.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    15,366

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    Sure it is. Required on all vehicles after 1986. Why? Because it increases visibility from the rear. Sure. It is minor. But it is important.
    Very minor, just a convenient excuse an officer can use. Not important, the other two lights worked.
    Ich habe schon Pferde vor der Apotheke kotzen sehen.

Page 70 of 110 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •