Page 60 of 110 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast
Results 591 to 600 of 1092

Thread: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

  1. #591
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    01-18-17 @ 04:10 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    29,427

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    I disagree Excon... what other facts can you provide?
    Stop your silly game.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle

  2. #592
    Guru
    Ben K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Last Seen
    01-18-17 @ 04:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,709

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    As for this witness.
    He has lost credibility.

    He claims he did not see anyone provide assistance to the shot suspect.


    From his video.


    He is obvious influenced by a bias against Police.
    I thought he claimed he never saw anyone perform CPR. The image above ain't how you perform CPR.

  3. #593
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,432
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    It is too hard to tell if that is exactly what happened when the taser FIRST went on the ground. Experts with the video will be able to tell. IF the officer himself dropped the tazer THEN to justify the shooting, it becomes 1st degree pre-meditated. In some states that's potential death penalty or if not then life without parole.

    Dropping it later? That is calculating a lie.

    I bet that officer does less than 5 years hard time - at worse. Anyone disagree?

    Let's hear our police junkies defend this one?


    My guess is that he'll be executed or spend the rest of his life in prison.

    The video of what this cop did will have a lot more impact on the trial than what a lot of people on this forum who weren't there think.

    Wait and see.
    Last edited by shrubnose; 04-10-15 at 05:16 AM.

  4. #594
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The South Pacific
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    52,321

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Excon is obviously running away from the facts... I wonder why that is?
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The Supreme Court can't interpret The Constitution. They don't have that power.

  5. #595
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The South Pacific
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    52,321

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by Ben K. View Post
    I thought he claimed he never saw anyone perform CPR. The image above ain't how you perform CPR.
    Some people have a "special" way of looking at things...
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The Supreme Court can't interpret The Constitution. They don't have that power.

  6. #596
    Sage

    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,635

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Wrong.
    You are assuming that which you can not. And ignoring that at the moment he was drawing his firearm the suspect was a threat.
    It is what he was responding to.
    But of course you sadly wish to ignore that.


    OMG!
    Judge Napolitano is not the dictator of what did and didn't happen.


    Most folks have not payed attention to the video showing the guy throwing the taser down or considering the circumstances his taking it caused.

    He was clearly a threat when he had it which you want to conveniently disregard in your rush to judgement.


    Wrong.


    Again, this is you ignoring reality that he took the taser and made himself a threat.


    This is you ignoring that the quote pointed out that it isn't illegal when the suspect is a threat just as this suspect was.


    Sad. I haven't posted any untruths, while you sure have made things up.


    Wrong.
    You have to show that the Officer knew he threw the taser down to even make such an argument.


    Irrelevant.


    Irrelevant.
    Also irrelevant, and apparently he didn't analyze the video. Had he, he would have seen they had been on the ground before hand and that the suspect had taken the Officers taser making the suspect a threat at the moment the Officer was reaching for his firearm.


    Well when you show everybody like you have that you have not bothered to analyze the video, make things up and make false assertions, it is obvious that you are not seeing it "like it is". D'oh!



    Irrelevant.
    He was responding to a threat. You fire until the threat ceases to be a threat. That is when he stops moving.

    Again, if you do not like that, lobby to get that changed.
    I am not going to rehash the truth and reality for you time and time again.

    To legally be allowed to shoot a fleeing suspect the officer has to have a reasonable suspicion that he poses a significant threat of death or serious physical injury to the officer or others, and you keep complaining and posting "nonsense" and "" until the end of this officers trial, but it does not change the fact that at the time this officer executed (according to republican presidential candidate Ben Carson) this man in a disgusting (words of the officers boss/police chief of the city where they man was gunned down) and illegal fashion (according to judge Napolitano and others), the fleeing victim was NOT a threat of any kind to the officer and thus his actions where illegal.

    So keep posting your claims, but most people with eyes in their heads and a modicum of common sense realize that what this officer did was illegal. That is the reason why he is in jail at this moment in time and why he has no bail.

    This is a classic example of police brutality and instead of trying to prevent horrendous misdeeds like this to happen, it is sad that some people keep whining about the poor officer rather than the actual poor victim who was gunned down by this officer with 8 bullets to the back. The officer did not fire a warning shot but shot to kill a man fleeing a busted tail light stop on foot. Sorry, but this was wrong and illegal and the officer now has to pay the prize for his actions.
    Wilders is a piece of gutter trash, a gutless populist who has no morality to speak of.

  7. #597
    Ideologically Impure
    Simon W. Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fayettenam
    Last Seen
    01-17-17 @ 07:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,906
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    So we're pretty much down to the occasional,"Slager sure looks guilty, but how guilty exactly..."
    And, of course, Excon saying, "nuh-uh. nuh-uh. nuh-uh."


    The incident is just so far outside of the expected norms of behavior that it's riveting even though there's really not much reasonable debate as to the essence of the incident.
    I may be wrong.

  8. #598
    Sage

    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,635

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    This is you not paying attention to the video. It is clear he threw it.

    He was already drawing before the taser hit the ground, showing that the Officer was responding to his taking the taser.



    His combativeness and taking of the taser makes him a threat.
    No judge would say otherwise, nor did he.


    Wrong. The Officer was responding to a threat. You are going to have to show that the Officer knew he threw the taser to say otherwise.


    You have no business assuming.
    You do not know what or if.

    All you are doing is assuming. Why can't you recognize that?



    Obviously you do not understand what the word "may" means.


    Wrong again.
    It was all your nonsense as stated.


    Oy vey! Again showing that you do not understand the difference between an actual threat and a perceived one and that their is no difference in how you respond to them.

    The Officer was correct in his perception that the suspect was lethal threat to his person when he took the taser, as such was allowed to respond to the threat with lethal force.
    Again, you are going to have to show that the Officer knew he threw the taser while he was in the middle of responding to the threat to show he shouldn't have responded the way he did.


    As for not being like Ferguson. : iLOL
    It is definitely like Ferguson in that people are jumping to conclusions and not looking at the totality of the evidence like you are doing.
    See my other post, that you want to ignore the reality and legal position that allows officers to shoot is not my problem.

    There is no defense for the indefensible and this shooting is indefensible.

    https://youtu.be/cN6kXRM3g7I

    Watch the above video and please tell us what Slager is seen picking up from the ground besides the killed Walter Scott and put back in his belt? It's not his handcuffs because they are still on the dying/dead man. It isn't his gun because that is situated on the other side of the officers belt. I would assume/am almost certain of it that this is the taser that originally was laying far away from where the body is dying on the ground. Because when the shooting starts the taser was on the ground at the officers feet.

    You are wrong in your comments, this was the officer perverting the course of justice, interfering with the evidence, staging the scene and trying to get away with murder.
    Wilders is a piece of gutter trash, a gutless populist who has no morality to speak of.

  9. #599
    Sage
    Infinite Chaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Seen
    01-17-17 @ 01:29 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,742

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Why are you quoting my response to another poerson and asking such?
    I already answered your question.
    I hadn't seen it but it didn't explain what I was asking anyway.


    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    It doesn't matter one bit to his claim. It is on his video.
    Do you really not understand that?
    I see it in the incident reports but I don't see "assistance" provided until the second video starts on the New York Times copy. Even that doesn't look like the CPR mentioned.

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post

    All you had to do was watch his interview.
    He is answering questions from the interviewer and saying he did not see any. Yet it is on his video.
    Start about the 02:25 to the 03:06 mark.
    Police Shooting Witness Says He Saw Officer Drop Something by Walter Scott's Body - ABC News


    OK, that's a different interview from the one I previously saw. I don't see CPR - certainly not the kind I had to learn for first aid training or when I was in the army. It must be done differently in America?

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Tasers can tase multiple times. Not just one zap as you were already told.
    And police tasers usually have more than one way to tase. As I stated, the X3 has three separate loads.
    And the X26 once discharged can use the prongs to tase again.
    It depends on the taser, and Police do not usually have one use tasers.
    OK, the Buzzfeed link shows Slager was trained in the X26 which is not the multiple use X3.. which brings back my question - at what point does either Slager or Scott reload this taser to make it a threat to Slager?


    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    And I provided a link to the actual Incident report which is a better source.
    The video disproves much claimed in the initial report - which is why this investigation went from a possible simple SLED inquiry to the officer arrested without bail...

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post

    Police taser usually have more than one load or way to tase. They are not one use tasers nor do they always need to be reloaded to use.
    Look at at the image provided. It also has prongs.
    Again, the reports state one of the cables was still attached to Scott's body. How would the charge be administered without reloading or a new set of charges? When did this reloading of his X26 happen?

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post

    You are not paying attention.
    Depending on the type of taser he wouldn't need to for it to be used on him.
    See your own Buzzfeed and search for X3 training. The guy used an X26, cables still attached to the body and it hadn't been reloaded.


    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    See above.

    Anyways. I have to go, so if you reply do not expect and answer until later this afternoon.
    See above. Slager's record is of use of an X26 which needs reloading after each discharge.

  10. #600
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    8,824

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeTrumps View Post
    I understand this. I understand it if all true it will lead to the officer being convicted of murder.

    it still doesn't allow me to have an ounce of remorse or sorrow for the victim. If you run from an officer, are caught, are warned not to run again or you will be shot, and you run again, as far as I'm concerned whatever happens after that is on the victim. He took his chances and(unfortunately) paid the price for it. If you or I were in that EXACT SAME situation, and chose to flee, we take our lives in our own hands. and we are AWARE we are doing it, so there is no victim in my honest opinion.
    Human compassion should allow you to feel sorrow for any person who loses their life over something so senseless.

    Yes, you're absolutely right in that had Mr. Scott just did two things differently, he'd still be alive today:

    1) had he remained in his car, or;

    2) had he not attempted to run the second time after being tased.

    The worse that would have happened to him was he'd have gone back to jail based on the outstanding warrants. Nonetheless, it's clear to me from the second video that Mr. Scott was no longer a threat to Officer Slager when he ran. He did not have a weapon - and this regardless of whether he had taken the officer's taser beforehand or not. If he did have it before, he certainly dropped it before attempting to flee the second time. Moreover, even if he did take it, he clearly didn't attempt to use it on Officer Slager at the time evident from the fact that the tether line clearly extends from Mr. Scott, not Officer Slager.

    So, whether you believe Mr. Scott acted foolishly not once, but twice even after presumably being warned by Officer Slager that he would shoot him if he ran, he wasn't a threat when he fled since he was unarmed. His death was very much un-necessary.
    "A fair exchange ain't no robbery." Tupac Shakur w/Digital Underground

Page 60 of 110 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •