Page 59 of 110 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109 ... LastLast
Results 581 to 590 of 1092

Thread: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

  1. #581
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:02 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    30,646

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Chaos View Post
    How long after Scott died was this "assistance" provided and can you link to Feidin Santana's saying "he did not see anyone provide assistance to the shot suspect?"

    Finally, I don't know how quickly taser's recharge but I have now read on CNN and the Washington post that the polcie themselves report that Scott had been hit with the taser and the leads were still attached to him.

    So why would Slater fear Scott would use the taser on him? Does a taser recharge quickly and does it still work if the leads have become separated from the main body of the weapon?
    It doesn't matter one bit. He made one claim while his own video shows it is untrue. That will not play well in front of jurors even if he later revises his statement.
    He has lost credibility and his word is now suspect in regards to anything else he says unless it is corroborated by the video.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  2. #582
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:02 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    30,646

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Sorry bud... no idea what you posted.

    This cop is obviously a murdering piece of crap. Can't wait till the clear cut evidence fries him...
    What an absurdly ignorant comment.
    It clearly is not murder.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  3. #583
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:02 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    30,646

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Chaos View Post
    Finally, I don't know how quickly taser's recharge but I have now read on CNN and the Washington post that the polcie themselves report that Scott had been hit with the taser and the leads were still attached to him.

    So why would Slater fear Scott would use the taser on him? Does a taser recharge quickly and does it still work if the leads have become separated from the main body of the weapon?
    Police tasers usually have more than one use.
    If it was the X3 it has three separate loads, and I am not talking individual zaps.

    If it was the X26, once the cartridge has been used you have the prongs and as such still a viable weapon that can incapacitate an Officer allowing his firearm to be taken.

    Last edited by Excon; 04-10-15 at 05:36 AM.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  4. #584
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The South Pacific
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:11 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,849

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    What an absurdly ignorant comment.
    It clearly is not murder.
    What are you trying to say?

  5. #585
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:02 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    30,646

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    What are you trying to say?
    That you must be absolutely bored to try and pass your bs off this early in the morn, and especially so if you have me on ignore while having already quoted me.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  6. #586
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The South Pacific
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:11 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,849

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Can't look any more... it hurts to see such reasoning. the cop is a murderer.

  7. #587
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:02 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    30,646

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Can't look any more... it hurts to see such reasoning. the cop is a murderer.
    Stop your silly games.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  8. #588
    Sage
    Infinite Chaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:54 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,227

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    -- You can not dispute anything I provided--
    Can you answer my questions please?

    1) How long after Walter Scott is dead is the assistance provided?

    2) Link to Feidin Santana saying no assitance was provided?

    3) So why would Slater fear Scott would use the taser on him? Does a taser recharge quickly and does it still work if the leads have become separated from the main body of the weapon?

    I now have found the original report from before the video is provided -

    A statement released by North Charleston police spokesman Spencer Pryor said a man ran on foot from the traffic stop and an officer deployed his department-issued Taser in an attempt to stop him.

    That did not work, police said, and an altercation ensued as the men struggled over the device. Police allege that during the struggle the man gained control of the Taser and attempted to use it against the officer.

    The officer then resorted to his service weapon and shot him, police alleged. Link
    The original police report states Slater has fired the taser and it didn't work. Taser International's taser (I've done some research) fires once and needs to be reloaded so

    5) At what point in the struggle has Scott or Slater reloaded the Taser for Slater to fear for his life?

    6) Do tasers still work if one of the leads (for an electric circuit to be discharged) has broken off and is still attached to the intended suspect's body?

  9. #589
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The South Pacific
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:11 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,849

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    I disagree Excon... what other facts can you provide?

  10. #590
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:02 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    30,646

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Chaos View Post
    Can you answer my questions please?
    Why are you quoting my response to another poerson and asking such?
    I already answered your question.


    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Chaos View Post
    1) How long after Walter Scott is dead is the assistance provided?
    It doesn't matter one bit to his claim. It is on his video.
    Do you really not understand that?


    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Chaos View Post
    2) Link to Feidin Santana saying no assitance was provided?

    All you had to do was watch his interview.
    He is answering questions from the interviewer and saying he did not see any. Yet it is on his video.
    Start about the 02:25 to the 03:06 mark.
    Police Shooting Witness Says He Saw Officer Drop Something by Walter Scott's Body - ABC News


    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Chaos View Post
    3) So why would Slater fear Scott would use the taser on him? Does a taser recharge quickly and does it still work if the leads have become separated from the main body of the weapon?
    Tasers can tase multiple times. Not just one zap as you were already told.
    And police tasers usually have more than one way to tase. As I stated, the X3 has three separate loads.
    And the X26 once discharged can use the prongs to tase again.
    It depends on the taser, and Police do not usually have one use tasers.


    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Chaos View Post
    I now have found the original report from before the video is provided
    And I provided a link to the actual Incident report which is a better source.


    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Chaos View Post
    The original police report states Slater has fired the taser and it didn't work. Taser International's taser (I've done some research) fires once and needs to be reloaded so

    Police taser usually have more than one load or way to tase. They are not one use tasers nor do they always need to be reloaded to use.
    Look at at the image provided. It also has prongs.


    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Chaos View Post
    5) At what point in the struggle has Scott or Slater reloaded the Taser for Slater to fear for his life?

    You are not paying attention.
    Depending on the type of taser he wouldn't need to for it to be used on him.


    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Chaos View Post
    6) Do tasers still work if one of the leads (for an electric circuit to be discharged) has broken off and is still attached to the intended suspect's body?
    See above.

    Anyways. I have to go, so if you reply do not expect and answer until later this afternoon.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •