Page 58 of 110 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108 ... LastLast
Results 571 to 580 of 1099

Thread: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

  1. #571
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:04 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,097

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    His claim is evidence that he did.
    No it is not. It is a blatant lie in fact in light of what this officer subsequently did with this tazer. The video evidence you claim clearly exonerates the officer does nothing of the sort frankly. On the contrary it incriminates him

    You seem to be an apologist for this sort of extreme violence by your law enforcement

  2. #572
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:53 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,693

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Chaos View Post
    The witness doesn't describe any time where he saw the suspect grab or use the taser. I have read previously that the policeman had discharged the taser but it hadn't worked. (He may not have gotten a clean shot)
    The witness made a very peculiar statement that would not have been made had the suspect not had the taser.

    I remember the police [officer] had control of the situation,” he said. “He had control of Scott. And Scott was trying just to get away from the Taser.
    But like I said, he never used the Taser against the cop.”

    Man who filmed S.C. police shooting: Maybe God ‘put me there for some reason’ - The Washington Post

    That is an indication that he had the taser but didn't use it.
    And the Officer never said he did used it either. Only that he took it.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  3. #573
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    05-24-16 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    26,435

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Chaos View Post
    The witness doesn't describe any time where he saw the suspect grab or use the taser. I have read previously that the policeman had discharged the taser but it hadn't worked. (He may not have gotten a clean shot)
    A misfiring/useless weapon could be quickly tossed aside or dropped by the cop in order to save time retrieving his gun.

    Some people will justify anything. There was no imminent, lethal threat to the cop when he shot the guy and the video shows this clearly.
    "Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free."

    "No, you'll be *a* judge of that, just like everyone else who reads it."
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  4. #574
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:53 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,693

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    No it is not. It is a blatant lie in fact in light of what this officer subsequently did with this tazer. The video evidence you claim clearly exonerates the officer does nothing of the sort frankly. On the contrary it incriminates him

    You seem to be an apologist for this sort of extreme violence by your law enforcement
    You are speaking nonsense.
    Yes his statement is evidence and no it is not a blatant lie. That is a ridiculously false claim.

    And what do you think he did with this taser?
    Are you assuming like everyone else that he picked it up and then dropped it by the suspect to set the suspect up?
    If that is the case, then why can he be seen picking it up again and placing it in his utility belt? Obviously it wouldn't be to plant anything. Duh!
    If you knew procedure, he was securing his weapon just as he called to have is car secured.
    Last edited by Excon; 04-10-15 at 04:46 AM.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  5. #575
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:53 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,693

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    A misfiring/useless weapon could be quickly tossed aside or dropped by the cop in order to save time retrieving his gun.

    Some people will justify anything. There was no imminent, lethal threat to the cop when he shot the guy and the video shows this clearly.

    Look at the provided image.
    He had one hand on the suspect and the other was reaching down to grab his firearm. Not throwing something. That in itself is and indication that the suspect is a threat at that moment.
    The taser than flies past the Officer.
    That is not the Officer throwing it. That is the suspect throwing it, which is supported by the Officer's statement.
    Last edited by Excon; 04-10-15 at 04:44 AM.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  6. #576
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:53 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,693

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Chaos View Post
    The witness doesn't describe
    As for this witness.
    He has lost credibility.

    He claims he did not see anyone provide assistance to the shot suspect.


    From his video.


    He is obvious influenced by a bias against Police.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  7. #577
    Sage
    Infinite Chaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Seen
    06-29-17 @ 06:51 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,854

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    As for this witness.
    He has lost credibility.

    He claims he did not see anyone provide assistance to the shot suspect.


    From his video.


    He is obvious influenced by a bias against Police.
    How long after Scott died was this "assistance" provided and can you link to Feidin Santana's saying "he did not see anyone provide assistance to the shot suspect?"

    Finally, I don't know how quickly taser's recharge but I have now read on CNN and the Washington post that the polcie themselves report that Scott had been hit with the taser and the leads were still attached to him.

    So why would Slater fear Scott would use the taser on him? Does a taser recharge quickly and does it still work if the leads have become separated from the main body of the weapon?

  8. #578
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The South Pacific
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:06 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    57,927

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Excon at it again... defend the indefensible with some veiled crap that will be is held on to no matter what.

  9. #579
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:53 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,693

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Excon at it again... defend the indefensible with some veiled crap that will be is held on to no matter what.


    Bodhisattva at it again...
    You can not dispute anything I provided, so of course you resort to getting personal with false assertions as usual.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  10. #580
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The South Pacific
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:06 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    57,927

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Sorry bud... no idea what you posted.

    This cop is obviously a murdering piece of crap. Can't wait till the clear cut evidence fries him...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •