Page 47 of 110 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 470 of 1099

Thread: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

  1. #461
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    05-25-17 @ 12:52 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,917

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Despite court rulings, people are still getting arrested for recording on-duty cops

    When you see one of these stories, please remember that it is perfectly legal to record on-duty police in every state in the country. That includes states that require all parties to a conversation to consent in order for that conversation to be recorded. Those laws all also contain a provision that the non-consenting party has a reasonable expectation of privacy. So far, every court to rule on this issue has found that on-duty cops in public spaces have no expectation of privacy and that recording them is protected by the First Amendment.
    There are times where someone should be arrested. I'm thinking specially interference or being close enough to pose an additional hazard for police to worry about. I can only imagine the lawsuit if a suspect harms an idiot with a camera, especially if said suspect is scuffling with an officer.
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  2. #462
    Sometimes wrong
    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    30,904

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    A man running from you with no weapons is not a danger to you or anybody else and shooting him down like this is illegal, unlawful, immoral and wrong, wronger and totally and utterly devoid of any defensibility whatsoever.

    And an armed suspect can be a danger to you or other officers/other people, so yes, shooting to kill might be reasonable at that point.
    That is an interesting attitude considering that the fleeing suspect was suspected of driving with a broken tail light.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  3. #463
    Sometimes wrong
    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    30,904

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    Your law enforcement has a track record of using disproportionate lethal response to petty offences and then getting away with it . This guy got unlucky by being filmed when doing so. How many others like him are equally culpable of such excesses and weren't filmed ?
    I have no idea and neither do you.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  4. #464
    Sage
    jet57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    not here
    Last Seen
    05-16-17 @ 11:01 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    23,420

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Of course you are assuming. Nobody has ever argued that there are no bad police officers, but using this video to try and prove anything about police officers as a whole is obscene fear mongering.

    Use your same logic on a convenience store video of a robbery by a Hispanic man, would you then conclude that Hispanic men are all criminals?
    Never tried to prove anything of the sort. Just asked if it validated anything.

    Your trying to use a strawman.
    “looking with fondness towards a reconciliation with Great Britain…I…would rather be dependent on Great Britain, properly limited, than with any other nation on earth or on no nation”. Thomas Jefferson; August 25 1775

  5. #465
    Sage
    jet57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    not here
    Last Seen
    05-16-17 @ 11:01 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    23,420

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    This is but a single incident and has no bearing on other "similar" incidents. Unlike the UFO analogy, not many deny the possibility of police officers committing crimes. Like the UFO analogy, finding one alien spacecraft does not mean that all sitings of "unidentified" flying objects are indeed alien spacecraft.
    That is true.
    “looking with fondness towards a reconciliation with Great Britain…I…would rather be dependent on Great Britain, properly limited, than with any other nation on earth or on no nation”. Thomas Jefferson; August 25 1775

  6. #466
    Sage
    jet57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    not here
    Last Seen
    05-16-17 @ 11:01 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    23,420

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Speculation really doesn't work.
    So then, in your view the video doesn't validate anything.
    “looking with fondness towards a reconciliation with Great Britain…I…would rather be dependent on Great Britain, properly limited, than with any other nation on earth or on no nation”. Thomas Jefferson; August 25 1775

  7. #467
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by gdgyva View Post
    how about most cons/pubs wait for evidence and then try to make a reasonable decision based upon facts

    most libs/prog want to yell murder anytime a black man is shot

    and they arent waiting a lot of the time to find out what happened before the yelling starts

    michael brown and trayvon martin are two perfect examples

    in this case, based upon the video the cop is guilty.....i doubt you can find anyone that doesnt think so

    some of us are asking what happened in the prior five minutes before the video was shot.....

    does that change the fact the cop is guilty....no.....but it might change the charge from murder II to manslaughter based on what the evidence finds

    again...evidence...sometimes it matters
    Dude!!!!!!! He's been charged with MURDER, by the guys holding the evidence. Never mind that he was black. If this was the same video but the man was White, the pos cop is a murderer. And he's been charged with murder because of it.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  8. #468
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:08 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,011

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    I have no idea and neither do you.
    Given that just last month alone your law enforcement killed 111 people , I suspect it will be many.

    http://www.innocentdown.org/
    Last edited by flogger; 04-09-15 at 03:03 PM.

  9. #469
    u mad, snowflake?
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    TITANPOINTE, NYC
    Last Seen
    05-25-17 @ 02:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    71,450

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    So then, in your view the video doesn't validate anything.


    That's dumb, for me the video is clear, he shoots the dude in the back, goes back grabs the other weapon and drops it next to the victim.


    No speculation required.
    If you build an army of 100 lions and their leader is a dog, in any fight, the lions will die like a dog. But if you build an army of 100 dogs and their leader is a lion, all dogs will fight like a lion.

  10. #470
    Educator Chainsaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Last Seen
    10-04-16 @ 02:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    790

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by csbrown28 View Post
    While I agree, did the officer indicate this in his own report? Of not, do you think your comment has anything to do with this case or were you just making a general statement?
    We don't know yet. That video was about the 4th Act of a 4 Act Play. The guy who shot the vid, has stated when he first saw the confrontation, (before he started filming) the two were on the ground wrestling for what he thought was the tazer. And that was probably the 3rd Act in the Play.
    The Gruber-crat is strong in this one!

Page 47 of 110 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •