Page 42 of 110 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast
Results 411 to 420 of 1099

Thread: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

  1. #411
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    10-10-16 @ 09:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    6,073

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Really? Should they have more or less rights than 'people' do?
    It's inappropriate for govt. agents acting in a military capacity (as a domestic police force, defense force, etc.) to have access to the civilian court system.

    Cops should be subject to tribunals in cases like this. The court system is for the people.

  2. #412
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    05-25-17 @ 07:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,988

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Seeing this video along with other recent incidents tell me that something is seriously wrong in America today. We have racist thugs that believe they are above the law simply because they carry a badge and we have bigots who believe that they can use their religion as an excuse to discriminate. Many want to claim that we are a "Christian Nation". If this is true....perhaps there is no better time than the present to step back and evaluate ourselves and determine is any of these actions are consistent with the principles that Christ taught.

  3. #413
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    10-10-16 @ 09:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    6,073

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Because cops aren't people.

    Right?
    They're local govt. agents acting as a force charged w/maintaining order through force.

    That should automatically exclude them from being able to enjoy Constitutional rights and have the same privileges as civilians (the People).

    A separate system should be set up to handle abusive police officers.

  4. #414
    Sage

    gdgyva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Abilene Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,775

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by csbrown28 View Post
    I'll ask you the same question I asked DA60.

    Speculate for me and tell me a scenario where the shooting of a man moving away, with his back to the officer, approx 20ft at the time of the shooting. We know Mr. Scott didn't possess a gun, or it would have been mentioned in the officer's report. So please, speculate for me, under what circumstances could you imagine that might of taken place that would have justified what we saw.

    the shooting will NEVER be justified

    but what is there was a confrontation in the five minutes before the video came on....

    the officer and the guy rolling around the ground, and neither getting the upper hand

    what happened before only matters in the fact that it MAY be enough justification to take it down to manslaughter instead of murder

    my opinion is that is a small chance.....but it would be nice to have knowledge of what transpired before the video
    “Most of the shadows of this life are caused by standing in one's own sunshine.”

    Ralph Waldo Emerson

  5. #415
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    10-10-16 @ 09:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    6,073

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    As it should have. He will still end up with an attorney who will try to defend him,
    The DA will defend him. He doesn't need an attorney.

  6. #416
    Tavern Bartender
    Kinky tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-02-17 @ 05:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    38,185

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by solletica View Post
    They're local govt. agents acting as a force charged w/maintaining order through force.

    That should automatically exclude them from being able to enjoy Constitutional rights and have the same privileges as civilians (the People).

    A separate system should be set up to handle abusive police officers.
    So no government agents are entitled to Constitutional rights, because it clearly says in the Constitution that government agents are excluded. Yes, of course it does.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  7. #417
    Tavern Bartender
    Kinky tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-02-17 @ 05:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    38,185

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by solletica View Post
    The DA will defend him. He doesn't need an attorney.
    Of course. And I'll bet they'll get Judge Wapner to come out of retirement to preside over the trial, too.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  8. #418
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    12,607

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Seeing this video along with other recent incidents tell me that something is seriously wrong in America today. We have racist thugs that believe they are above the law simply because they carry a badge and we have bigots who believe that they can use their religion as an excuse to discriminate. Many want to claim that we are a "Christian Nation". If this is true....perhaps there is no better time than the present to step back and evaluate ourselves and determine is any of these actions are consistent with the principles that Christ taught.
    You cant reasonably draw that conclusion (or any other for that matter) from this single incident. Despite all the hyperventilating by the left, this is the first incident of clear wrongdoing by a police officer. Wrongdoing by black 'thugs' is rampant but ignored by the left for political reasons, not rational ones.

  9. #419
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    10-10-16 @ 09:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    6,073

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    So no government agents are entitled to Constitutional rights, because it clearly says in the Constitution that government agents are excluded.
    The Constitution says "We the People", not "We the security forces"

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Yes, of course it does.
    Your welcome.

  10. #420
    u mad, snowflake?
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    TITANPOINTE, NYC
    Last Seen
    05-25-17 @ 02:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    71,450

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Seeing this video along with other recent incidents tell me that something is seriously wrong in America today. We have racist thugs that believe they are above the law simply because they carry a badge and we have bigots who believe that they can use their religion as an excuse to discriminate. Many want to claim that we are a "Christian Nation". If this is true....perhaps there is no better time than the present to step back and evaluate ourselves and determine is any of these actions are consistent with the principles that Christ taught.



    How can you claim racism? his partner is black, and didn't speak up when he planted the taser.
    If you build an army of 100 lions and their leader is a dog, in any fight, the lions will die like a dog. But if you build an army of 100 dogs and their leader is a lion, all dogs will fight like a lion.

Page 42 of 110 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •