Page 33 of 110 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 1099

Thread: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

  1. #321
    Sage

    ObamacareFail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,734

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by ARTHUR 1976 View Post
    I hope he's convicted of murder, and im sure his family will file a civil suit so they will get his house, not to mention he will probably go broke with legal fees, this POS COPS life is pretty much ruined!!..
    The cop will ultimately go to prison for life or death row. The family's lawsuit is against the police department and the city.

  2. #322
    Sage

    ObamacareFail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,734

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Right, but let's think about all those times when there wasn't a video camera. The department said on the news that 'there were no witnesses except that video, and without it, they'd never know what really happened.
    If you are referring to Fergeson Mi and NYC, there were witnesses as well as other forensic evidence. As for the cop yesterday, the video evidence will make it much easier to convict, however the forensic evidence alone probably would have convicted him. It would have been hard for the cop to explain shooting at the man 8 times and hitting him 5 times in the back.

  3. #323
    Sage

    ObamacareFail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,734

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Murder. No question. Outright. 2nd degree. Indefensible. Every officer knows you can't shoot a fleeing person in the back who poises no danger - and that man didn't.

    Unfortunately, it only takes ONE police groupie on the jury to let him walk or a trivial sentence, or a police groupie judge if not a jury trial.
    With that kind of video evidence, the worst one jurist could have done was forced a retrial. And the judge does not decide guilt or innocence....only the jury does.

  4. #324
    Sage

    ObamacareFail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,734

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    Yup, he lied to cover his ass. Shocking, huh?

    Another of many reasons to advocate body cams on all cops.
    For their protection as well as the suspects.

  5. #325
    Advisor catch22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Last Seen
    01-23-16 @ 10:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    363

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Say what you will about overall cop shootings but this one is pretty cut and dry.

  6. #326
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-16 @ 06:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,526

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    A doctored video. What happened before it was filmed. What happened outside of the shot. What was said. Hundreds of circumstances...thousands. We do not know the entire story. And I refuse to convict the man without knowing ALL the evidence.
    I agree and the video evidence needs to be verified and validated as well as this going through the normal justice system. However, assuming its legit, and there is no evidence as of yet that its anything but, the video is pretty damning. As of now, the only account is the officer's. The video cast serious doubt to his credibility as it contradicts some his official report on what occurred. You'd be hard pressed to agree that he was in danger, regardless of what occurred prior to the start of the video. Its plausible that Scott had hold of the taser and threw it down or just knocked it out Slager's hand. If Scott still had the taser in his hand when the officer open fire, that claim could be made and the use of deadly force would certainly have been justified. But he started firing when Scott was fleeing, empty handed and nearly 15' away. Goes further against his credibility that he runs back, grabs the taser and drops on the ground next to Scott, handcuffed on the ground (frankly, view this as an "Oh S#%t" moment realizing he screwed up).

    So as of now, the guy looks guilty as hell. My mind could be changed and I'd admit I was wrong but it'd take some pretty damned good evidence to the contrary at this point, proof of the video being doctored would certainly be one.

    I'm not one of the d-bags around here who claim all cops are bad, lie, cheat, whatever either. Just call it like I see it with whats available.

    Considering and if all is legit, this will never go to trial beyond arraignment....unless the guy get a lawyer that is complete and utter idiot.

  7. #327
    Sage

    ObamacareFail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,734

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by solletica View Post
    TRANSLATION: over on some right wing websites, they are defending this cop. sigh
    There are still left wingers defending cop killers. What's your point?

  8. #328
    Sage

    ObamacareFail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,734

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by solletica View Post
    Body cams on cops are 100% worthless. The police depts. would just doctor the body cam videos or else the cops would turn off the cams and/or censor specific footage.

    In the event body cam videos were available for the public to see, there would be huge discrepancies in the video picked up by those cams and those picked up by bystander cameras and/or cell phones.
    Such unwarranted cynicism.

  9. #329
    Sage
    SenorXm/Sirius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Northeast US
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,434

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    I don't see this cop getting away with this. It's too damning, to cut and dry. Like I said earlier he should just take a plea. Even if he somehow beats to state chatges, then the Feds will take over. And with this kind of stuff the Feds are like pit bulls. They always have been.
    "Big or small, I don't like rabbits. They always look like they're about to say something, but they never do."
    Raj Koothrappali

  10. #330
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,291

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    50 is a senior?
    According to AARP they are. I got my AARP "invitation" card a few weeks before I turned 50 and my wife got hers a few weeks after she turned 50. I took great pride in tossing mine into the trash can.
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    ...I'm not interested in debating someone who is trolling for an argument....
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I see a big problem with the idea that whatever the majority wants is OK.

Page 33 of 110 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •