Page 20 of 110 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 1092

Thread: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

  1. #191
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 07:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    I don't care how reamed I get for saying this. The far left uses the black men killed at the hand of police officers as pawns in their keyboard attacks on anyone they see as the "right wing".

    The fact that this man was black is irrelevant. I don't usually rush to say disparaging things about cops, but in this situation, it's pretty clear what happened, and IMO the cop was in the wrong here. He deserves to be brought up on charges.
    That you think you would be criticized for speaking the obvious truth demonstrates again how the far left have been able to control the media and the conversation between people. You feel you would be 'reamed' not because your point of view doesn't contradict the facts but because, unless you take their far left view, you are a bigot, racist, fascist, and so on. This the language they speak and their fallback position when the facts don't gibe with their feelings.

    Gruber had them nailed..

    Sensible people know you are none of those things but knowing you'll still be called a racist by the leftists certainly does discourage a civilized back and forth.

  2. #192
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 07:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    I'm pretty sure cops are trained to say "he reached for my gun", as this cop did.
    Are they? Do you have a source for this 'pretty sure' feeling of yours?

  3. #193
    Don't give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,097

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by solletica View Post
    The simplest way to bring closure to this horrific incident is for the DOJ to launch an investigation into police abuse by SC cops (which it's already done), and then, to threaten to sue the police dept. for $100 - $200 million* unless municipalities convict all murdering cops, including the scum---- in this incident.

    * this is a perfectly reasonable amount considering the no. of cases of police misconduct the DOJ will uncover in the course of its investigation.
    The DOJ cannot sue for monetary compensation, as they have not been harmed.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  4. #194
    Don't give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,097

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Are they? Do you have a source for this 'pretty sure' feeling of yours?
    Anyone who carry's a gun knows that story.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  5. #195
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,213

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    If it doesn't justify it, why are you using it as a justification?
    Show me once where I have.

  6. #196
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,213

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by SenorXm/Sirius View Post
    No it's not wrong. It all started because of a broken taillight.

    And you are sounding like someone who's trying very hard to look for excuses for this cop. He then ran huh? That should tell us all we need to know here. The guy was 20 feet from the cop, and running away from the cop when the cop started shooting! The officer was in no way in danger.

    Anyway I'm not going to get into a pissing contest about the specifics in this case. The fact is we have a much bigger problem in this country. Many cops have a shoot 1st and ask questions later attitude towards their jobs. And something needs to be done.
    Show me once where I have excused the shooting. That doesnt negate the facts and the facts provide context. Context...not justification. If you arent smart enough to understand the difference...well...that explains a lot.

  7. #197
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,213

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    Funny, but I was unaware that having warrants and running requires immediate execution.

    I have not yet seen anything in the OH Revised Code indicating that immediate execution is an accepted action for these - I'll bet that SC law is the same.

    At best, running from a cop is a misdemeanor charge that must be charged, and requires a court of law to decide guilt or innocence.

    At the time of the shooting, Scott was an innocent man, and should have been treated as such.
    So you arent smart enough to understand the difference between context and justification either, huh?

  8. #198
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,495

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Two points:

    1. I agree with pretty much everyone who believes this officer should suffer the consequences of his actions and be punished to the full extent of the law, period.

    2. I can't help but find it sad and hypocritical that many of the same people posting here who frequently want to chime in that not all Muslims are terrorists, freely and vociferously are now claiming that all cops are murders like this one and the only difference is that they don't all get video taped in the act of murder.
    A Canadian conservative is one who believes in limited government and that the government should stay out of our wallets and out of our bedrooms.

  9. #199
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    10-10-16 @ 08:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    6,073

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    And yet it was you doing the screaming with nonsense.
    All we could hear was you screaming some childish bigoted right-wing claptrap about Blacks, which likely came from your teacher rush.

    Here's a new reading assignment. . .

    In an unusual turnaround, prosecutors late last year filed a spate of charges for use of excessive force against three white officers in the shootings of black drivers. Only one went to trial but resulted in a hung jury.

    Read more here: EXCLUSIVE: SC officers exonerated in more than 200 shootings | The State The State
    As Jim Calhoun once said, "Get some facts and come back and see me."

  10. #200
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,213

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by donsutherland1 View Post
    My first point deals with that possibility (and I suspect that the object was, in fact, the Taser). I also noted, "The officer's perceptions...among other factors, might lead to some mitigation of the charges, but it is difficult to imagine a scenario under which the officer would be exonerated." The officer's actions afterward almost certainly have hurt his case and increased prospects of conviction on a more serious charge. I could be wrong, but we'll see what happens when or if the case is heard, as a plea bargain is a possibility. A plea bargain might provide the officer his best chance at a reduced sentence.
    Its refreshing to see reason from someone not invested in 'cause'.

Page 20 of 110 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •