Page 100 of 110 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1099

Thread: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

  1. #991
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    02-18-17 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,828

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by 11Bravo View Post
    I'm sorry, in what police policy and procedure document can you show me an officer is supposed to assume every suspect is armed?

    If that were the case, officers would be able to get a way with A LOT more killings.

    "You see that 16 year old kid? He's running from us! He must be armed! Shoot him!"
    An officer should assume every suspect is armed. That's why they do the pat downs

  2. #992
    Sage

    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,491

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by SenorXm/Sirius View Post
    He's a member of their union, yet the union dropped him like a bad habit. That's damning. Before he is even convicted of anything they drop him? I never heard of that before, but no one here knows the by-laws of this particular union, so who knows?

    The union's not paying for his defense which means his wife and kids are going to be saddled with $100,000's in legal bills. For that reason and for that reason alone I wish the union was paying for his defense. Not for him, but for them.
    The union ought to pay for his insurance, he got into trouble when he was a police officer so his union should carry the legal cost at least partly. He might be a murderer but he too deserves a good defense and without his union that most likely risk him getting a second rate legal defense.

    This does not change the fact that I think he needs to be jailed for what I think is a crime but only with a decent defense.
    toward that end the tactics and the strategies that people resort to in carrying out this ideologically driven agenda of what they call “pro-life” which is really pro-fetus does not have anything to do with the lives of babies after they’re born or the women who bear them.

  3. #993
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-30-16 @ 05:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,614

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    You can't shoot a fleeing suspect.


    Fleeing felon rule - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia





    Even if he had a partner who was shooting at the cop, he couldn't shoot the dood in the back like that.
    He should be able to.
    Be sure to work hard and get lots of overtime. People on welfare want more steaks and free upgrades to smart phones with unlimited data packages.

  4. #994
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-30-16 @ 05:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,614

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    So, police should treat everyone as armed and likely to use deadly force, justifying shooting citizens in the back.
    An officer should always assume a suspect is armed until proven otherwise. As to shooting "citizens", no one said anything about that, we are talking about criminals, which fleeing and fighting with an officer proves. If they don't want to get shot, don't fight with or run from the police.
    Be sure to work hard and get lots of overtime. People on welfare want more steaks and free upgrades to smart phones with unlimited data packages.

  5. #995
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-30-16 @ 05:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,614

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by cAPSLOCK View Post
    Your argument assumes we should err on the side of killing suspects.

    That goes full force against the founding principals of our constitution.
    Only those who don't surrender and then fight with or flee from officers. Better a dead scumbag than a dead citizen later because the cops had their hands tied by a bunch of bleeding heart criminal lovers.
    Be sure to work hard and get lots of overtime. People on welfare want more steaks and free upgrades to smart phones with unlimited data packages.

  6. #996
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-30-16 @ 05:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,614

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon W. Moon View Post
    Thought I should point out that Slager has already lost his job.
    Slager is already the subject of a federal investigation.
    And I should point out there is a good possibility of someone like me being on the jury. The Fed investigation is nothing but political bull****, it's purely a local matter.
    Be sure to work hard and get lots of overtime. People on welfare want more steaks and free upgrades to smart phones with unlimited data packages.

  7. #997
    u mad, snowflake?
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    TITANPOINTE, NYC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    71,427

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    He should be able to.


    I disagree, police should not be worse than the criminals they chase.
    If you build an army of 100 lions and their leader is a dog, in any fight, the lions will die like a dog. But if you build an army of 100 dogs and their leader is a lion, all dogs will fight like a lion.

  8. #998
    u mad, snowflake?
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    TITANPOINTE, NYC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    71,427

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    An officer should always assume a suspect is armed until proven otherwise. As to shooting "citizens", no one said anything about that, we are talking about criminals, which fleeing and fighting with an officer proves. If they don't want to get shot, don't fight with or run from the police.

    That's nonsense, and makes me glad you are not a cop, though you wouldn't be one for long with that mindset.
    If you build an army of 100 lions and their leader is a dog, in any fight, the lions will die like a dog. But if you build an army of 100 dogs and their leader is a lion, all dogs will fight like a lion.

  9. #999
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-30-16 @ 05:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,614

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    I disagree, police should not be worse than the criminals they chase.
    How is the police shooting a suspect resisting lawful arrest and fleeing worse than the criminals?
    Be sure to work hard and get lots of overtime. People on welfare want more steaks and free upgrades to smart phones with unlimited data packages.

  10. #1000
    Ideologically Impure
    Simon W. Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fayettenam
    Last Seen
    05-06-17 @ 12:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,172
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Unarmed Black Man in South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    How is the police shooting a suspect resisting lawful arrest and fleeing worse than the criminals?
    Iirc, the Supreme Court found it was unlawful seizure vis-a-vis the Fourth Amendment.

    rights to be secure in person vs govt seizure > state's interest in stopping suspects/criminals who are not some sort of a grave danger to someone.

    I think that's how they framed it.

    You seem to be saying that the value of the state's interest in stopping offenders is greater than the value of your own life.
    I may be wrong.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •