Page 51 of 60 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 510 of 591

Thread: The lost tomb of Jesus? Scientist claims he has virtually unequivocal evidence[W:577]

  1. #501
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    06-05-15 @ 07:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    2,264

    Re: The lost tomb of Jesus? Scientist claims he has 'virtually unequivocal evidence'

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Perhaps you should direct your question to them.
    I'm making a point.

  2. #502
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 08:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: The lost tomb of Jesus? Scientist claims he has 'virtually unequivocal evidence'

    Quote Originally Posted by Dovkan View Post
    I'm making a point.
    In fact you believe you made a point. That's another example of how beliefs may differ.

  3. #503
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:55 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,102

    Re: The lost tomb of Jesus? Scientist claims he has 'virtually unequivocal evidence'

    Quote Originally Posted by JFish123 View Post
    Arguements from the fined tuned constants of physics. Explain why it's not evidence of God. Cause I could give you evidence more and more, but if you don't say why it's not true but instead just say it's not evidence then I'm sorry you lost the debate.
    Your wishful thinking does not constitute evidence just because you want it to
    Last edited by flogger; 04-19-15 at 03:27 AM.

  4. #504
    Sage
    Somerville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    On an island. Not that one!
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:20 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    9,465

    Re: The lost tomb of Jesus? Scientist claims he has 'virtually unequivocal evidence'

    Quote Originally Posted by JFish123 View Post
    Arguements from the fined tuned constants of physics. Explain why it's not evidence of God. Cause I could give you evidence more and more, but if you don't say why it's not true but instead just say it's not evidence then I'm sorry you lost the debate.
    The argument of fine tuning always goes on and on about the infinitesimal chance that the universe would exist as it is without some creator deity making it perfect just for us. Unfortunately, the argument on the other side seems to be a bit more logical. We and the world/universe that we know couldn't exist in any other form. The natural actions of every teeny, tiny bit of matter have resulted in our existence. So the chance of it all happening is 1 in 1.

    A good guesstimate says that if every star we know of had a habitable planet around it, then there would still be only one billionth of one billionth of one millionth of one percent of the volume of the universe that would be inhabitable. How is that "fine-tuning"? When the vast majority of the universe can't support any life form, that is supposed to make it the best place for us to exist?
    “And I have no doubt that every new example will succeed, as every past one has done, in shewing that religion & Govt will both exist in greater purity, the less they are mixed together.”
    ~ James Madison, letter to Edward Livingston, July 10, 1822

  5. #505
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:34 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    61,435

    Re: The lost tomb of Jesus? Scientist claims he has 'virtually unequivocal evidence'

    Quote Originally Posted by JFish123 View Post
    You look at the founder of the religion to see the truth. Jesus taught to Love others.

    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.
    - John 13:34
    “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven.
    -Matthew 5:43
    He taught to turn the other cheek, go the extra mile in helping others, denying yourself to be willing to sacrifice for others.
    Those people who commit acts of violence are not following Jesus nor have the love of God in them. Therefor how can one blame the faith that teaches the complete opposite of such things. Instead blame the men who do them.
    And thus if we look at the founder of Islam Muhammad, we do find someone who actually unlike Jesus, endorsed such violence. So we look to the founders to see if it's the faith that's at fault, or men who claim to follower something they obviously do not.
    Those were written long after Jesus died. To attribute EXACT QUOTES to a person is ridiculous...

    First, several atheists contended that you cannot really compare the crimes of Christian regimes of the past to those of atheist regimes of the twentieth century.
    I don't care about this argument in the slightest... it is just you grasping.

    the same can be said of those who don't want there to be a God as they'd rather not be held accountable for there life.
    ...ridiculous. How am I not accountable for my life?

    So they look at life and the evidence for God or Jesus or otherwise, through the filter of atheism.
    God gave us logic. God gave us curiousity. God gave us the drive to seek evidence. God and people like you then scoff when my curiousity leads me to seek evidence through logic?

    No offense but that is totally stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.
    Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaAdonis View Post
    Trump could take a dump on an American flag on national TV and his base would cheer.
    Quote Originally Posted by camlok View Post
    there were no hijackers...

  6. #506
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:34 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    61,435

    Re: The lost tomb of Jesus? Scientist claims he has 'virtually unequivocal evidence'

    Quote Originally Posted by JFish123 View Post
    Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.
    Winston Churchill

    Humanism or atheism is a wonderful philosophy of life as long as you are big, strong, and between the ages of eighteen and thirty-five. But watch out if you are in a lifeboat and there are others who are younger, bigger, or smarter.
    William Murray
    See... those quotes are based in fact as they were transcribed or recorded as they were said...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.
    Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaAdonis View Post
    Trump could take a dump on an American flag on national TV and his base would cheer.
    Quote Originally Posted by camlok View Post
    there were no hijackers...

  7. #507
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:34 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    61,435

    Re: The lost tomb of Jesus? Scientist claims he has 'virtually unequivocal evidence'

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Prove that God doesn't exist, otherwise you rely on faith just as believers rely on it

    The truth is you have no proof to back up your beliefs, so its a bit hypocritical to talk down to the faithful.
    *sigh* One can't prove something DOESN'T EXIST if it DOES NOT EXIST.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.
    Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaAdonis View Post
    Trump could take a dump on an American flag on national TV and his base would cheer.
    Quote Originally Posted by camlok View Post
    there were no hijackers...

  8. #508
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:34 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    61,435

    Re: The lost tomb of Jesus? Scientist claims he has 'virtually unequivocal evidence'

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Wrong, Aethist are MAKING THE CLAIM God DOESN'T EXIST.

    PROVE your claim and stop being such a glaring hypocrite.
    You clearly do not understand logic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.
    Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaAdonis View Post
    Trump could take a dump on an American flag on national TV and his base would cheer.
    Quote Originally Posted by camlok View Post
    there were no hijackers...

  9. #509
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:34 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    61,435

    Re: The lost tomb of Jesus? Scientist claims he has 'virtually unequivocal evidence'

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Huh ?

    Lol !! I guess I'm not going to get a honest answer out of someone who celebrates Marx.
    Dude, if I claim that I can make a pizza that floats but that nobody can see because it is up to me to show you. Nobody in their right mind would come to you after you say it can happen and tell you to prove that I can't do it BECAUSE YOU CAN'T. If have to show it first.

    That is how this works... you have to SHOW EVIDENCE THAT GOD EXISTS


    AND THEN
    we can argue if the evidence is legitimate or not. Damn dude...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.
    Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaAdonis View Post
    Trump could take a dump on an American flag on national TV and his base would cheer.
    Quote Originally Posted by camlok View Post
    there were no hijackers...

  10. #510
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 01:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: The lost tomb of Jesus? Scientist claims he has 'virtually unequivocal evidence'

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Wow! Stunning....If this is reviewed, and verified, what, and how do you see this effecting Christianity? Especially considering the open attack it is under today?
    Most likely a forgery. The research has not been published in a peer reviewed journal.

    Sounds like someone just trying to make a buck.

    Forgeries of religious artifacts are unfortunately common.

Page 51 of 60 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •