Page 47 of 60 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 470 of 591

Thread: The lost tomb of Jesus? Scientist claims he has virtually unequivocal evidence[W:577]

  1. #461
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    23,330

    Re: The lost tomb of Jesus? Scientist claims he has 'virtually unequivocal evidence'

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    Nonsense. Religious faith is an uneccessary and often intolerant medieval anachronism in the modern age

    To quote Richard Dawkins." Man has invented and discarded hundreds of gods over the millenia. I've just gone one god further"
    Prove that God doesn't exist, otherwise you rely on faith just as believers rely on it

    The truth is you have no proof to back up your beliefs, so its a bit hypocritical to talk down to the faithful.

  2. #462
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    06-05-15 @ 07:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    2,264

    Re: The lost tomb of Jesus? Scientist claims he has 'virtually unequivocal evidence'

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Prove that God doesn't exist, otherwise you rely on faith just as believers rely on it

    The truth is you have no proof to back up your beliefs, so its a bit hypocritical to talk down to the faithful.
    Prove santa doesn't exist, prove zeus doesn't exist, prove the tooth fairy doesn't exist. It is not faith if one side literally has no evidence and IS THE SIDE MAKING THE CLAIM.

  3. #463
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    23,330

    Re: The lost tomb of Jesus? Scientist claims he has 'virtually unequivocal evidence'

    Quote Originally Posted by zyzygy View Post
    Prove that Krishna does not exist and then I will use the same method to prove that Jehovah does not exist.
    Aethist believe God doesn't exist.

    You believe in something you cannot prove.

    Stop being hypocritical and admit you too rely on faith to back your assertions.

  4. #464
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    23,330

    Re: The lost tomb of Jesus? Scientist claims he has 'virtually unequivocal evidence'

    Quote Originally Posted by Dovkan View Post
    Prove santa doesn't exist, prove zeus doesn't exist, prove the tooth fairy doesn't exist. It is not faith if one side literally has no evidence and IS THE SIDE MAKING THE CLAIM.
    Wrong, Aethist are MAKING THE CLAIM God DOESN'T EXIST.

    PROVE your claim and stop being such a glaring hypocrite.

  5. #465
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    06-05-15 @ 07:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    2,264

    Re: The lost tomb of Jesus? Scientist claims he has 'virtually unequivocal evidence'

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Aethist believe God doesn't exist.

    You believe in something you cannot prove.

    Stop being hypocritical and admit you too rely on faith to back your assertions.
    Atheists simply reject a claim which has no evidence, much like people reject astrology..
    Atheists don't "believe" in anything, it is up to the one making the claim of a god existing to provide evidence for it.

  6. #466
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    40,610

    Re: The lost tomb of Jesus? Scientist claims he has 'virtually unequivocal evidence'

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Wrong, Aethist are MAKING THE CLAIM God DOESN'T EXIST.

    PROVE your claim and stop being such a glaring hypocrite.
    Prove your claim that he does, if that's what you're claiming. Demanding someone prove a negative is not sound debating.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  7. #467
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    06-05-15 @ 07:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    2,264

    Re: The lost tomb of Jesus? Scientist claims he has 'virtually unequivocal evidence'

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Wrong, Aethist are MAKING THE CLAIM God DOESN'T EXIST.

    PROVE your claim and stop being such a glaring hypocrite.
    Fenton, for the love of... Atheists are simply stating that those who claim a god exists don't have any evidence, and therefore, they don't believe in the god, ever heard of the burden of proof? Quit being such a A-toothfairyist, you're making the claim the tooth fairy doesn't exist, hypocrite.

  8. #468
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Posts
    555

    Re: The lost tomb of Jesus? Scientist claims he has 'virtually unequivocal evidence'

    Quote Originally Posted by Dovkan View Post
    Prove santa doesn't exist, prove zeus doesn't exist, prove the tooth fairy doesn't exist. It is not faith if one side literally has no evidence and IS THE SIDE MAKING THE CLAIM.
    Believing in God is the same as believing in the Tooth Fairy, Santa Clause, and the Flying Spaghetti Monster?

    What I love about this well-worn atheist ‘argument’ is that it actually serves to demonstrate how vastly different a belief in God is to these myths and imaginations. When one honestly assesses the Judeo-Christian doctrine of God he will find multiple thousands of years of human testimony and religious development; he will find martyrs enduring the most horrific trauma in defense of the faith; he will find accounts in religious texts with historical and geographical corroboration; etc (these fact are of course not ‘proofs,’ but rather ‘evidences’ that elicit strong consideration). Pit this against tales of the Tooth Fairy, Santa, and Spaghetti Monsters and one finds the exact opposite: no testimony or religious refinement, no martyrs, no historical and geographical corroboration, etc. Instead, one finds myths created intentionally for children, for point making, or for whatever. It’s strawman argumentation at its worst.

    Again, just to be clear, testimony, martyrs, geography, etc., are not “proof” that God exists, but rather proof that comparing faith in God to faith in fairies and Santa is totally different.

  9. #469
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    06-05-15 @ 07:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    2,264

    Re: The lost tomb of Jesus? Scientist claims he has 'virtually unequivocal evidence'

    Quote Originally Posted by JFish123 View Post
    Believing in God is the same as believing in the Tooth Fairy, Santa Clause, and the Flying Spaghetti Monster?

    What I love about this well-worn atheist ‘argument’ is that it actually serves to demonstrate how vastly different a belief in God is to these myths and imaginations. When one honestly assesses the Judeo-Christian doctrine of God he will find multiple thousands of years of human testimony and religious development; he will find martyrs enduring the most horrific trauma in defense of the faith; he will find accounts in religious texts with historical and geographical corroboration; etc (these fact are of course not ‘proofs,’ but rather ‘evidences’ that elicit strong consideration). Pit this against tales of the Tooth Fairy, Santa, and Spaghetti Monsters and one finds the exact opposite: no testimony or religious refinement, no martyrs, no historical and geographical corroboration, etc. Instead, one finds myths created intentionally for children, for point making, or for whatever. It’s strawman argumentation at its worst.

    Again, just to be clear, testimony, martyrs, geography, etc., are not “proof” that God exists, but rather proof that comparing faith in God to faith in fairies and Santa is totally different.
    It is the same, yes, all have no evidence.

  10. #470
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    23,330

    Re: The lost tomb of Jesus? Scientist claims he has 'virtually unequivocal evidence'

    Quote Originally Posted by Dovkan View Post
    Atheists simply reject a claim which has no evidence, much like people reject astrology..
    Atheists don't "believe" in anything, it is up to the one making the claim of a god existing to provide evidence for it.
    Aethist : A person who disBELIEVES in the existence of God.

    Stop being a raging hypocrite and stop trying to dishonestly redefine terms to suit your assertions.

    If you BELIEVE God doesn't exist then PROVE IT

Page 47 of 60 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •