Page 35 of 60 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 591

Thread: The lost tomb of Jesus? Scientist claims he has virtually unequivocal evidence[W:577]

  1. #341
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Posts
    555

    Re: The lost tomb of Jesus? Scientist claims he has 'virtually unequivocal evidence'

    Truth is atheists don't want there to be a God as they don't want to be held accountable to anyone for there lives. Jesus is God Christians say? Easiest way to avoid it, by saying he never existed despite the contrary, that even many atheists admit.

  2. #342
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Posts
    555

    Re: The lost tomb of Jesus? Scientist claims he has 'virtually unequivocal evidence'

    Instead of Christians being on the defensive, how bout some Atheists explain how atheist states often end in atrocity? around a century...
    Mao Ze-Dong (China, 1958-61 and 1966-69, Tibet 1949-50) 49-78,000,00 people murdered
    Jozef Stalin (USSR 1932-39 only) 15,000,000 people murdered
    Pol Pot (Cambodia, 1975-79) 1,700,000 people murdered
    Kim II Sung (North Korea 1948-94) 1.6 million people murdered
    Tito (Yugoslavia 1945-1987) 570,000 people murdered
    Suharto (Communists 1967-66) 500,000 people murdered
    Ante Pavelic (Croatia 1941-45) 359,000 people murdered
    Ho Chi Min (Vietnam 1953-56) 200,000 people murdered
    Vladimir Ilich Lenin (USSR, 1917-20) 30,000 people murdered

  3. #343
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The South Pacific
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:46 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,753

    Re: The lost tomb of Jesus? Scientist claims he has 'virtually unequivocal evidence'

    Quote Originally Posted by JFish123 View Post
    To honor dead students they should. And to the second part, this country was founded on Judeo Christian values. But If someone wants to do a Hindu prayer in a court house go ahead. I may not agree with to whom your praying too, so I'm not going to pray with you. No harm no fowl.
    Honoring dead students does not necessitate religious symbols and the University is under no obligation to "honor" anybody...

    This country was founded on religious freedom, not Christian values. This is a nation of Christians for the most part but it is a nation of religious freedom that is important and you miss the point... Muslim Qu'ran quotes inscribed on Federal Courthouse walls or inscribed in plaques like the Ten Commandments are. What are your thoughts ON THAT?

  4. #344
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The South Pacific
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:46 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,753

    Re: The lost tomb of Jesus? Scientist claims he has 'virtually unequivocal evidence'

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Would you be okay with Muslims putting their symbols and sayings in a federal courthouse?
    No. There should be ZERO religious symbols on government or state run places. None. That includes Christian ones...

    Instead of a benevolent God they often choose government as their masters

    Government is what gives humans rights... that is why.

  5. #345
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The South Pacific
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:46 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,753

    Re: The lost tomb of Jesus? Scientist claims he has 'virtually unequivocal evidence'

    Quote Originally Posted by JFish123 View Post
    Instead of Christians being on the defensive, how bout some Atheists explain how atheist states often end in atrocity? around a century...
    Mao Ze-Dong (China, 1958-61 and 1966-69, Tibet 1949-50) 49-78,000,00 people murdered
    Jozef Stalin (USSR 1932-39 only) 15,000,000 people murdered
    Pol Pot (Cambodia, 1975-79) 1,700,000 people murdered
    Kim II Sung (North Korea 1948-94) 1.6 million people murdered
    Tito (Yugoslavia 1945-1987) 570,000 people murdered
    Suharto (Communists 1967-66) 500,000 people murdered
    Ante Pavelic (Croatia 1941-45) 359,000 people murdered
    Ho Chi Min (Vietnam 1953-56) 200,000 people murdered
    Vladimir Ilich Lenin (USSR, 1917-20) 30,000 people murdered
    The United States is not a religious state and the reason we don't have these atrocities is because of the way that the government is set up... those listed were for the most part dictatorships. Religion is irrelevant and China was always Buddhist. You need a basic course in government, my friend...

  6. #346
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The South Pacific
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:46 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,753

    Re: The lost tomb of Jesus? Scientist claims he has 'virtually unequivocal evidence'

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Ironic you would say that, when, according to your link:

    hundred

    noun hun·dred \ˈhən-drəd, -dərd\

    : the number 100

    hundreds : an amount that is more than 200
    used to refer to a specified century
    Not ironic and NO... not whatever. "used to refer to a specified century" I can't roll my eyes enough at the stupidity of your argument cp.

    But whatever. You were attempting to use time to discredit the authorship of the NT, and turned out to be wrong.
    Wrong again. I am not trying to discredit the authorship I am merely stating that quoting people that said something 30 years before or 10 days before and taking it as literal is stupid. The exact quotes in the Bible written by people that were not there or did not hear it themselves is idiotic. To live a life based on these quotes borders on insanity...

  7. #347
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: The lost tomb of Jesus? Scientist claims he has 'virtually unequivocal evidence'

    Quote Originally Posted by JFish123 View Post
    The earliest biography of Alexander the Great was written 400 years after his death.

    The famous philosopher Socrates has no surviving work and is unknown save through the often contradictory testimony of his students.

    I mean shoot, the Roman Emperor at the time had less known sources about him than Jesus. And the earliest account of Jesus (1 Corinthians 15) was known within years of Jesus’ death. The earliest gospel, Mark, was written about 30 years after Jesus’ death . And the earliest non-Christian source, Josephus, wrote about Jesus about 70 years after his death.

    Even hardcore atheists like Richard Dawkins admit Jesus was historical. Even "Ask the Atheists" website claims as much as well as almost every other major atheists. To claim not enough evidence for Jesus, gotta cancel Alexander, Socrates, the Roman Emperor at the time of Jesus etc... Off the list as well to even begin to be credible.
    But I'm not talking about any of those people. I'm talking about the mythical figure of Jesus.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  8. #348
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The South Pacific
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:46 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,753

    Re: The lost tomb of Jesus? Scientist claims he has 'virtually unequivocal evidence'

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    The number one, to my knowledge, has always been singular. If it precedes the word 'hundred' it still remains singular. I'm guessing that the same rule would apply to one million, one billion or one trillion, though I'm not that familiar with New Math.
    Argue with Merriam Webster if you have a problem with the English Language...

    New Math.

    Was that a singular "hundreds" or a plural "hundreds"?
    "A hundred" = 100

    Once it is past 100 the term "hundreds" can apply. Not sure why this is so difficult but it is truly a grade school concept.

  9. #349
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The South Pacific
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:46 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,753

    Re: The lost tomb of Jesus? Scientist claims he has 'virtually unequivocal evidence'

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    he claimed that the New Testament wasn't finished being written until "hundreds" of years after.
    Wrong. I said something like 15-30 years to hundreds of years. In the end, even though I am right about the term... the ****ING POINT was that to trust in quotes about what a person said that was written MUCH LATER in terms of years... is ****ing moronic as everybody knows that time distorts and corrupts memory, especially word for word, page after page, translation from language to language...

  10. #350
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: The lost tomb of Jesus? Scientist claims he has 'virtually unequivocal evidence'

    Quote Originally Posted by JFish123 View Post
    Then to be intellectually honest, you have to believe Alexander the Great,Socrates didn't exist either. My God, if Richard Dawkins and people like Ask the Atheists website among many other atheists agree Jesus existed, your really reaching the bottom of the barrel with conspiracy theories to do all you can not to believe in Jesus. Don't know why, don't care, but something ain't right for such a defense . My guess, you don't want there to be a Jesus so all evidence goes through a bias of can't be , so mustn't be. Gotta be independent like others who looked at the evidence and came to the historical conclusion my man.
    Richard Dawkins isn't my guru. He accepts the existence of the historical Jesus (not the mythical Christ of faith that you're promoting) but even Dawkins can't make it be so. And there remains plenty of scholars that don't.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

Page 35 of 60 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •