Page 21 of 60 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 591

Thread: The lost tomb of Jesus? Scientist claims he has virtually unequivocal evidence[W:577]

  1. #201
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    54,933

    Re: The lost tomb of Jesus? Scientist claims he has 'virtually unequivocal evidence'

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Nope... decades or hundreds of years...
    "decades or centuries". Because that's the same thing

    All of the works which would eventually be incorporated into the New Testament would seem to have been written no later than around AD 150
    Indeed, that would be impossible, not least because we had early canon formation prior to that, and the oldest surviving piece of the New Testament is a portion of John (the last of the gospels to be written), and it is from about 123 AD.
    Worth noting, Democrats: President Trump will have a Pen and a Phone. #Precedent.

  2. #202
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The South Pacific
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:06 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    52,527

    Re: The lost tomb of Jesus? Scientist claims he has 'virtually unequivocal evidence'

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    "decades or centuries". Because that's the same thing
    They were written by various people over that time frame... never knew you were so dishonest.

    it is from about 123 AD.
    No later than 150 AD... seems like that fits perfectly. I won't deal with another poster tha I used to respect that starts lying... at least not tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The Supreme Court can't interpret The Constitution. They don't have that power.

  3. #203
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,591

    Re: The lost tomb of Jesus? Scientist claims he has 'virtually unequivocal evidence'

    Quote Originally Posted by Mithros View Post
    Christianity isn't under attack. 80% of the US is Christian, 11% Unaffiliated, 4% Jewish/Hindu/Unitarian/Budhist, 4% atheist and 0.6% Muslim.
    It's not? I disagree. I think there is plenty out there in stories of instances showing such, you have google, and I am sure you can find them...The only reason for you to deny such is because you side with those attacking Christianity...My question to you is why do you hate Christians so that you feel you have to spew such hate at them...? If you left them alone, I am sure they would leave you alone....
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #204
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    14,690

    Re: The lost tomb of Jesus? Scientist claims he has 'virtually unequivocal evidence'

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    But Christians have done it without the promise of 72 virgins.
    No just promise of an eternity in paradise where walls are made of jasper and cities and roads of pure gold.
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

  5. #205
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,015

    Re: The lost tomb of Jesus? Scientist claims he has 'virtually unequivocal evidence'

    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaO01 View Post
    Sorry I'm a scientist. I don't accept things at face value.
    Sure you're a " Scientist ". Stil waiting for you to offer up any evidence whatsoever that dispoves what I said earlier.

    If there was no Cosmological event recorded by the Chinese right around Jesus's birth then please offer up more than your opinion to prove it.
    " If no one among us is capable of governing himself, then who among us has the capacity to govern someone else ? "
    Ronald Reagan

  6. #206
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,015

    Re: The lost tomb of Jesus? Scientist claims he has 'virtually unequivocal evidence'

    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaO01 View Post
    It must have been half ass as the muslims and jews don't accept him as the son of God. Do you think God does things half ass?
    " Half ass " ? Lol !
    " If no one among us is capable of governing himself, then who among us has the capacity to govern someone else ? "
    Ronald Reagan

  7. #207
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,891

    Re: The lost tomb of Jesus? Scientist claims he has 'virtually unequivocal evidence'

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    No just promise of an eternity in paradise where walls are made of jasper and cities and roads of pure gold.
    None of that matters at all. It's not about what happens after life here ends - it's about what you do with your life here. The rest is left to the Authority. Either you trust God or you don't. If you don't, then don't worry about what may happen after you die, and live your life as you see fit.
    "I believe that man will not merely endure: he will prevail. He is immortal, not because he alone among creatures has an inexhaustible voice, but because he has a soul, a spirit capable of compassion and sacrifice and endurance." William Faulkner

  8. #208
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 07:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: The lost tomb of Jesus? Scientist claims he has 'virtually unequivocal evidence'

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    No just promise of an eternity in paradise where walls are made of jasper and cities and roads of pure gold.
    Please demonstrate where martyrs, in particular, were promised that.

  9. #209
    Sage
    EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,434

    Re: The lost tomb of Jesus? Scientist claims he has 'virtually unequivocal evidence'

    Quote Originally Posted by Logicman View Post
    You're right about one thing - the Gospel writers and Paul, etc., did have an agenda - to tell the truth. If you can document a lie they presented then hop out here and document it. Otherwise I can't give you any credibility on your claim.

    You say you believe in Christ. Let me guess: To you he's just a man, but not divine. To you he lived and died, but was not physically resurrected. etc., etc. Right?
    No you're wrong I do believe in the resurrection, and as I said I believe he is the son of God too. I just don't buy everything in the bible as literal.

  10. #210
    Sage
    EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,434

    Re: The lost tomb of Jesus? Scientist claims he has 'virtually unequivocal evidence'

    Quote Originally Posted by Logicman View Post
    Wrong again. B.A. and Th.m. in Biblical Theology. Where's your credentials on the subject?
    Well that explains a lot.

    My credentials are irrelevant.

Page 21 of 60 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •