Page 20 of 60 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 591

Thread: The lost tomb of Jesus? Scientist claims he has virtually unequivocal evidence[W:577]

  1. #191
    Sage
    EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,427

    Re: The lost tomb of Jesus? Scientist claims he has 'virtually unequivocal evidence'

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    But Christians have done it without the promise of 72 virgins.
    No just fire and brimstone if they don't make the grade.

  2. #192
    Sage
    Logicman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:11 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    12,354

    Re: The lost tomb of Jesus? Scientist claims he has 'virtually unequivocal evidence'

    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaO01 View Post
    Your arguments don't even come close to independent verification.
    Au contraire... It's your casual dismissal of over two dozen independent, 1st century works that doesn't pass muster. You'll have to come up with something a lot more substantive than that.

    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaO01 View Post
    I'm glad for you that you believe what you believe via faith and it makes you happy. But your links don't mean squat as empirical evidence based on verifiable history to me. Just a bunch of religious dogma. But hey be happy! Ignorance and blind allegiance is bliss!
    Ignorance and blind allegiance my a*s. I've studied Biblical theology for over four decades and you come along with your sophomoric, two-sentence arguments and think you've made a name for yourself. That type of approach is arrogant, condescending, and smacks of an elitist mentality.

    Recommend you actually do your proper due-diligence next time if you're going to try to run with the big dogs.
    "Progressives aren't really progressive. They're regressive, all the way back to Sodom and Gomorrah." - author unknown

  3. #193
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    01-01-17 @ 08:08 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,245

    Re: The lost tomb of Jesus? Scientist claims he has 'virtually unequivocal evidence'

    Quote Originally Posted by Logicman View Post
    Au contraire... It's your casual dismissal of over two dozen independent, 1st century works that doesn't pass muster. You'll have to come up with something a lot more substantive than that.



    Ignorance and blind allegiance my a*s. I've studied Biblical theology for over four decades and you come along with your sophomoric, two-sentence arguments and think you've made a name for yourself. That type of approach is arrogant, condescending, and smacks of an elitist mentality.

    Recommend you actually do your proper due-diligence next time if you're going to try to run with the big dogs.
    Where did you did you study bible theology and what are you your academic quantifiable reference points where the hypothesis has evidence?

  4. #194
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The South Pacific
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:51 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    52,471

    Re: The lost tomb of Jesus? Scientist claims he has 'virtually unequivocal evidence'

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    .....that's your response. They had secret future-predicting powers and knew that if they were beaten and killed, magically instead of dying out like a dozen other movements, theirs would somehow remember and revere their name?

    yeah. that's even less plausible.


    The authors of the NT believed what they were writing. They depicted themselves (painfully) honestly, they made it easily falsifiable, and they suffered for it.
    OK then...
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The Supreme Court can't interpret The Constitution. They don't have that power.

  5. #195
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The South Pacific
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:51 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    52,471

    Re: The lost tomb of Jesus? Scientist claims he has 'virtually unequivocal evidence'

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Oh. Well then no, you are incorrect.
    Nope... decades or hundreds of years...

    All of the works which would eventually be incorporated into the New Testament would seem to have been written no later than around AD 150

    See the standard New Testament introductions listed below under "Further reading": Goodspeed, Kümmel, Duling and Perrin, Koester, Conzelmann and Lindemann, Brown, and Ehrman.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The Supreme Court can't interpret The Constitution. They don't have that power.

  6. #196
    Sage
    Logicman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:11 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    12,354

    Re: The lost tomb of Jesus? Scientist claims he has 'virtually unequivocal evidence'

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Where did you did you study bible theology and what are you your academic quantifiable reference points where the hypothesis has evidence?
    What do you care? You'll just attempt to dismiss or disparage whatever is presented. That's what you've been doing for ages in these threads.
    "Progressives aren't really progressive. They're regressive, all the way back to Sodom and Gomorrah." - author unknown

  7. #197
    Sage
    EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,427

    Re: The lost tomb of Jesus? Scientist claims he has 'virtually unequivocal evidence'

    Quote Originally Posted by Logicman View Post
    Au contraire... It's your casual dismissal of over two dozen independent, 1st century works that doesn't pass muster. You'll have to come up with something a lot more substantive than that.



    Ignorance and blind allegiance my a*s. I've studied Biblical theology for over four decades and you come along with your sophomoric, two-sentence arguments and think you've made a name for yourself. That type of approach is arrogant, condescending, and smacks of an elitist mentality.

    Recommend you actually do your proper due-diligence next time if you're going to try to run with the big dogs.

    Please, now I feel sorry for you. Naive is an understatement for your alleged proof.

    Me elitist? No. Realistic yes. I think we know who is being elitist with the "big dogs" comment.

    And for your information I do believe in Christ, but I also realize the bible is a text written and translated by faliable men with an agenda, and some of it was cheery picked or even excluded. I just don't swallow it all hook line and sinker. But carry on.

  8. #198
    Sage
    EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,427

    Re: The lost tomb of Jesus? Scientist claims he has 'virtually unequivocal evidence'

    Quote Originally Posted by Logicman View Post
    What do you care? You'll just attempt to dismiss or disparage whatever is presented. That's what you've been doing for ages in these threads.
    So you have no credentials. Got it.

  9. #199
    Sage
    Logicman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:11 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    12,354

    Re: The lost tomb of Jesus? Scientist claims he has 'virtually unequivocal evidence'

    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaO01 View Post
    So you have no credentials. Got it.
    Wrong again. B.A. and Th.m. in Biblical Theology. Where's your credentials on the subject?
    "Progressives aren't really progressive. They're regressive, all the way back to Sodom and Gomorrah." - author unknown

  10. #200
    Sage
    Logicman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:11 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    12,354

    Re: The lost tomb of Jesus? Scientist claims he has 'virtually unequivocal evidence'

    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaO01 View Post
    Please, now I feel sorry for you. Naive is an understatement for your alleged proof.

    Me elitist? No. Realistic yes. I think we know who is being elitist with the "big dogs" comment.

    And for your information I do believe in Christ, but I also realize the bible is a text written and translated by faliable men with an agenda, and some of it was cheery picked or even excluded. I just don't swallow it all hook line and sinker. But carry on.
    You're right about one thing - the Gospel writers and Paul, etc., did have an agenda - to tell the truth. If you can document a lie they presented then hop out here and document it. Otherwise I can't give you any credibility on your claim.

    You say you believe in Christ. Let me guess: To you he's just a man, but not divine. To you he lived and died, but was not physically resurrected. etc., etc. Right?
    "Progressives aren't really progressive. They're regressive, all the way back to Sodom and Gomorrah." - author unknown

Page 20 of 60 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •