Page 18 of 60 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 591

Thread: The lost tomb of Jesus? Scientist claims he has virtually unequivocal evidence[W:577]

  1. #171
    Sage
    Logicman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:04 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,261

    Re: The lost tomb of Jesus? Scientist claims he has 'virtually unequivocal evidence'

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Please correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the Star of Bethlehem an actual Cosmological event that was recorded at the time of Jesus's birth by the Chinese ?

    I
    Quote from "Killing Jesus," by Bill O'Reilly, page 15 note:

    "In 1991, The Quarterly Journal of the Royal Astronomical Society (volume 32, pages 389-407) noted that Chinese astronomers had observed a long-tailed, slow-moving comet in their skies during March of 5 B.C. This sui-hsing, or "star," hung in the Capricorn region for more than seventy days. This same comet would have been visible in the skies over Persia, home of the Magi, in the hours just before dawn. Due to the earth's orbital motion, the comet's light would have been directly in front of the Magi during their journey - hence, they would have followed the star."

    Cool, huh!
    "Progressives aren't really progressive. They're regressive, all the way back to Sodom and Gomorrah." - author unknown

  2. #172
    Sage
    EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,575

    Re: The lost tomb of Jesus? Scientist claims he has 'virtually unequivocal evidence'

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    No, no it hasn't actually. Its why I asked Logicman to expand on it, and not you.

    He seems to be far more knowledgeable on this issue.

    I would have asked you about it, but I wasn't looking for opinions.
    Sorry I'm a scientist. I don't accept things at face value.

  3. #173
    Sage
    EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,575

    Re: The lost tomb of Jesus? Scientist claims he has 'virtually unequivocal evidence'

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Muslims believe Jesus was a prophet, not just a " magician" or just a man.

    So we're up to 3.6 Billion people currently who believe Jesus was more than just a Man.

    Wow, that REALLY is the most successful PR campaign in History.
    It must have been half ass as the muslims and jews don't accept him as the son of God. Do you think God does things half ass?

  4. #174
    Sage
    Logicman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:04 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,261

    Re: The lost tomb of Jesus? Scientist claims he has 'virtually unequivocal evidence'

    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaO01 View Post
    Prove it. Just because you say so doesn't make it so.

    So you take words out of the bible to prove things in the bible? Seriously? That's like proving that hogwarts exist because The book Harry Potter says so.
    You're full of nonsensical arguments, Enigma.

    FYI the New Testament in the 1st century wasn't one book. Instead there were over two dozen individual manuscripts floating around different localities during the decades leading up to the end of the first century.

    And that, Enigma, is independent verification - something you apparently don't want to admit to but should incorporate into your future arguments.
    "Progressives aren't really progressive. They're regressive, all the way back to Sodom and Gomorrah." - author unknown

  5. #175
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    16,897

    Re: The lost tomb of Jesus? Scientist claims he has 'virtually unequivocal evidence'

    Quote Originally Posted by Logicman View Post
    You have some evidence they were lying then please let us see it.

    We're not talking about 21st century political liars, but men who put their lives on the line to give others the truth.
    That is how most new religions start. Being a martyr for your faith is certainly not unique to Christianity.
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

  6. #176
    Sage
    Logicman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:04 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,261

    Re: The lost tomb of Jesus? Scientist claims he has 'virtually unequivocal evidence'

    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaO01 View Post
    Sorry I'm a scientist. I don't accept things at face value.
    Then as a scientist you should know science can neither prove nor disprove the existence of God.

    "A man's gotta know his limitations." - Clint Eastwood
    "Progressives aren't really progressive. They're regressive, all the way back to Sodom and Gomorrah." - author unknown

  7. #177
    Sage
    Logicman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:04 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,261

    Re: The lost tomb of Jesus? Scientist claims he has 'virtually unequivocal evidence'

    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaO01 View Post
    You were indoctrinated well.
    Nonsense. So far your arguments have been weak and futile.
    "Progressives aren't really progressive. They're regressive, all the way back to Sodom and Gomorrah." - author unknown

  8. #178
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    16,897

    Re: The lost tomb of Jesus? Scientist claims he has 'virtually unequivocal evidence'

    Quote Originally Posted by Logicman View Post
    You're full of nonsensical arguments, Enigma.

    FYI the New Testament in the 1st century wasn't one book. Instead there were over two dozen individual manuscripts floating around different localities during the decades leading up to the end of the first century.

    And that, Enigma, is independent verification - something you apparently don't want to admit to but should incorporate into your future arguments.
    So by that reasoning, does the Sunna verify the authenticity of the Quran?
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

  9. #179
    Sage
    Logicman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:04 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,261

    Re: The lost tomb of Jesus? Scientist claims he has 'virtually unequivocal evidence'

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    So by that reasoning, does the Sunna verify the authenticity of the Quran?
    When they get fulfilled Messianic prophecy at a rate far greater than chance (which is the signature of God), then they might have something there.
    "Progressives aren't really progressive. They're regressive, all the way back to Sodom and Gomorrah." - author unknown

  10. #180
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: The lost tomb of Jesus? Scientist claims he has 'virtually unequivocal evidence'

    Quote Originally Posted by Logicman View Post
    Nonsense. So far your arguments have been weak and futile.
    No, not really.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

Page 18 of 60 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •