Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 280

Thread: Rand Paul announces presidential run

  1. #51
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 08:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Rand Paul announces presidential run

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    Yes--the civil war has not gone away.
    The AAN/Elites/RINOs/right-of-centers are already attacking Paul as well as TEA candidates for 2016 as well as TEA Congressmen of which they want to get rid.

    So, the Freedom Caucus/Amash-Paulites/TEAs, will continue to block Boehner from approving anything of value in the House.
    Unless of course John keeps going to Pelosi begging, as he did on the Cromnibus and DHS .

    No, as Paul don't have to many Paulites in the Senate or the House. Plus now a few of the Tea Partiers have learned how the Demos play.

  2. #52
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    41,584

    Re: Rand Paul announces presidential run

    He's tried to present himself as less extreme than his father. Which doesn't say much. He doesn't stand a chance, but I wish him luck.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  3. #53
    Chews the Cud
    Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Benghazi
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,081

    Re: Rand Paul announces presidential run

    I disagree with many of Rand Paul's views, but he just dropped the mic on Ted Cruz with regard to starting his presidential campaign. There is no comparison between Rand Paul's substance and Ted Cruz's annoying, sanctimonious rhetoric. I respect that Paul laid out his views, principles, and policy goals.

  4. #54
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 08:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Rand Paul announces presidential run

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    "They thought all along that they could call me a libertarian and hang that label around my neck like an albatross, but I'm not a libertarian," " Rand Paul Leads GOP Kentucky Senate Race as Outsider - TIME


    I dont know last polls I saw Bush and Walker are polling pretty heavy...


    Meh dont play much into the hack argument.


    That don't do much when he said this morning, that he is a Constitutionalist and has a little bit of libertarian in him.

    In Iowa? Not over Paul, Walker polled second. Bush came in 5th.

    Has nothing to do with being a hack argument.....it has to do with Senators that haven't even proven they can handle being a Senator let alone a Higher Office. Doesn't matter what side of the aisle they are on. There goes that assumption about a hack argument. Right on out the window.

  5. #55
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    09-18-17 @ 07:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    17,697

    Re: Rand Paul announces presidential run

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    YAYYYYYY!!!!

    I can't wait to see how many bozos they try to pack into the clown car known as the Republican Presidential Primaries.

    It's called the Democratic process.

    being blinded by socialist mandating I am sure you are not familiar with it.

    I would suggest that at the very least it will be more informative and representative of the cross section of people in America than the coronation of an old, fat, lying septegenarian woman who has more lies to her credit than even Obama.
    "I will kill these people if I have to." Christopher Cantwell, White Nationalist leader, August 2017

  6. #56
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    53,730

    Re: Rand Paul announces presidential run

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Read more @: Rand Paul announces presidential run

    Expected. Rand Paul is officially in the race. Not a big announcement like Cruz, just a little posting on his website, but he is officially in the race. [/FONT][/COLOR]
    He's the most palatable of the Republicans, but he's still a Republocrat. We'll see. Those truly interested in the restriction of government to proper levels don't tend to fly in party races.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  7. #57
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    09-10-17 @ 03:31 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Rand Paul announces presidential run

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    YAYYYYYY!!!!

    I can't wait to see how many bozos they try to pack into the clown car known as the Republican Presidential Primaries.
    At least you aren't one of the forum's Democrats that slings out pointless partisan hack smears.

  8. #58
    Gradualist
    TheDemSocialist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-08-17 @ 02:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Rand Paul announces presidential run

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    That don't do much when he said this morning, that he is a Constitutionalist and has a little bit of libertarian in him.
    Which is exactly my point. One day he is not a libertarian, the next day he is, the next day he "has a little bit of libertarian in him" (this of course is all self described), he is simply a populist. Going with what the popular term of the day is.

    In Iowa? Not over Paul, Walker polled second. Bush came in 5th.
    Really?

    2016 Iowa Presidential Republican Caucus - Polls - HuffPost Pollster


    RealClearPolitics - Election 2016 - Iowa Republican Presidential Caucus


    http://opinionsavvy.com/wp-content/u...wa-3.24.15.pdf


    Has nothing to do with being a hack argument.....it has to do with Senators that haven't even proven they can handle being a Senator let alone a Higher Office. Doesn't matter what side of the aisle they are on. There goes that assumption about a hack argument. Right on out the window.
    No its exactly a hack argument using hack rhetoric such as, "All have learned their lesson with BO peep". Really? You know this how? And, "and now after the defeat of Hillary." so you know Hillary is going to loose? And then of course the no Democrats in the white house is amazing card, "Its going to be sometime before the Demos ever gain the WH again. Which for this country.....is a very good thing." . Its a hack argument.
    Just a democratic-socialist "Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression, and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

  9. #59
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    09-10-17 @ 03:31 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Rand Paul announces presidential run

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    It's called the Democratic process.

    being blinded by socialist mandating I am sure you are not familiar with it.

    I would suggest that at the very least it will be more informative and representative of the cross section of people in America than the coronation of an old, fat, lying septegenarian woman who has more lies to her credit than even Obama.
    No, Obama still has more lies to his credit. It'd be a real challenge to break his record on substantive topics.

  10. #60
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    09-10-17 @ 03:31 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Rand Paul announces presidential run

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Which is exactly my point. One day he is not a libertarian, the next day he is, the next day he "has a little bit of libertarian in him" (this of course is all self described), he is simply a populist. Going with what the popular term of the day is.


    Really?

    2016 Iowa Presidential Republican Caucus - Polls - HuffPost Pollster


    RealClearPolitics - Election 2016 - Iowa Republican Presidential Caucus


    http://opinionsavvy.com/wp-content/u...wa-3.24.15.pdf



    No its exactly a hack argument using hack rhetoric such as, "All have learned their lesson with BO peep". Really? You know this how? And, "and now after the defeat of Hillary." so you know Hillary is going to loose? And then of course the no Democrats in the white house is amazing card, "Its going to be sometime before the Demos ever gain the WH again. Which for this country.....is a very good thing." . Its a hack argument.
    Seeing Huckabee up at 10% is depressing.

Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •