Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 280

Thread: Rand Paul announces presidential run

  1. #251
    Sage
    Sherman123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,514

    Re: Rand Paul announces presidential run

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    in 2009. they bankrolled Charlie Crist. They flat out said Rubio was too extreme.
    Who did this? Furthermore it isn't the 'neoconservative' wing of the party that is unconquerable, we've always been a small faction with waxing and waning influence, it is the establishment. The practical, middling, pragmatic mushy middle that arch 'conservatives' profess to hate.

  2. #252
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,326

    Re: Rand Paul announces presidential run

    Quote Originally Posted by donsutherland1 View Post
    It does. The narrative of neoconservative opposition simply isn't accurate.
    haha. bullllsheeeeeet

  3. #253
    Sage
    Sherman123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,514

    Re: Rand Paul announces presidential run

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    Crist was preferred by the national party apparatus...until he lost to Rubio.

    Rubio got support from Demint, but he fought an uphill money campaign because the neocons were not going to bankroll his efforts. but the tea party did.

    necons are always trying to rewrite history.

    this book is very good

    https://books.google.com/books?id=CW...0rubio&f=false
    You are incorrectly conflating 'neoconservatives' with the party establishment.

  4. #254
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,326

    Re: Rand Paul announces presidential run

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Don't be sad, its you who has the constraint that cannot figure out how force works.
    reasoned arguments are not force.

    I guess for the stupid and weak-minded, it might seem like force, but that does not pertain to you.

  5. #255
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,326

    Re: Rand Paul announces presidential run

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman123 View Post
    You are incorrectly conflating 'neoconservatives' with the party establishment.
    yawn.

  6. #256
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    15,868

    Re: Rand Paul announces presidential run

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    yes, a false representation of my argument.

    I did not argue that Rubio is a neocon. I argued that in 2009, neocons fought to keep him out of office.

    PWNED


    YOU LOSE
    Oh please, save the self promotion.

    Your words were very clear. You stated that a straw man was an irrelevant argument.

    But we now see you are too immature to admit a mistake...that's fine.
    "Small people talk about people, average people talk about events, great people talk about ideas" Eleanor Roosevelt

  7. #257
    The Unrepentant RINO**DINO
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    23,921

    Re: Rand Paul announces presidential run

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman123 View Post
    Who did this? Furthermore it isn't the 'neoconservative' wing of the party that is unconquerable, we've always been a small faction with waxing and waning influence, it is the establishment. The practical, middling, pragmatic mushy middle that arch 'conservatives' profess to hate.
    Of course we can have that disagreement about how practical and pragmatic the Scoop Jackson crowd truly were and are, but I think that your idea that foreign policy neoconservatives have ebbs in flows in the numbers they can influence is most accurate. Small number, disproportionate influence, but debate as to the extent they are helping lead the majority.
    "We all of us know down here that politics is a tough game. And I don't think there's any point in being Irish if you don't know that the world is going to break your heart eventually."-Daniel Patrick Moynihan, December 5, 1963

  8. #258
    Sage
    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    11,192

    Re: Rand Paul announces presidential run

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    House members want to do this also--off-budget--infuriating their Senate GOP counterparts .
    Most want to see the Defense budget increased due to the recent increases on terror threats. We also have a real problem with cyber warfare where hackers don't seem to have a problem breaking into government systems and that needs money to hire the best and brightest in that field. At the same time there's plenty of pork to cut at the Pentagon. There's a lot of pork/waste in the budget in general that needs to be addressed. Some say only one penny of every dollar Congress spends would balance the budget and start paying down the debt.

    Most GOP candidates or potential candidates see our debt as a national security problem. I agree with them.
    Last edited by vesper; 04-09-15 at 02:17 PM.

  9. #259
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,326

    Re: Rand Paul announces presidential run

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    Oh please, save the self promotion.

    Your words were very clear. You stated that a straw man was an irrelevant argument.

    But we now see you are too immature to admit a mistake...that's fine.
    actually, I said a fact that does not pertain to the argument is a strawman

    some foolish poster - can't keep them all straight, claimed a fact can't be a straw man.

    that is about the most idiotic thing ever stated on this forum

    1+1=2. that is a fact.

    So let's play it out.

    me ~ neocons fought Rubio in 2009

    some silly reply ~ no - 1+1 = 2

    me ~ that is a straw man

    ~some silly reply ~no, that is a fact, a fact can't be a strawman.


    COOKOO COOKOO


    PWNED

  10. #260
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    26,662

    Re: Rand Paul announces presidential run

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    I thought he handled this question very well.
    About time candidates started pushing **** back in the faces of the democrat media shills.
    How do you feel about what the GOP swift-boaters and their dark NeoCon money have done to Rand Paul this week ?
    Chemists Have Solutions .

Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •